1,335 results
All reviewswafflesfront deskparking lothot itemsfree breakfastbucca dishuttle servicefresh fruitkiddie poolconvention centerbreakfast staffevery morningwould definitely stay here againnear disneylandhot tubdisney fireworksgreat place to stay
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a family vacation and will never do so again. The rooms themselves and the breakfast were OK. I suppose if you have a car, it might not be terrible, but the lack of shuttle service and the front desk's unwillingness to help guests ensured that I won't be back.

The hotel is over 1/2 a mile from Disneyland, so it's not really walking distance, but my friend and I had to walk anyway one day after returning for a mid-day nap. It's a shared shuttle with other hotels, so when they pick up people leaving Disneyland, they ask them which hotel they are staying at and then stop at ONLY those hotels. We waited from 2 pm until 3:30 pm for a 2:15 shuttle before giving up and walking. When we asked the front desk - twice - they insisted it came at 2:15. Even at 3:10 when I said the 2:15 never showed up they wouldn't call the driver to find out where he was or request a pick-up. We were two healthy young adults who could make the trek on foot, but it woud be unreasonable for someone older or less fit to try to walk there when the shuttle didn't show.

Also, when we left on Saturday the hotel was supposed to provide a shuttle service to the aiport. We waited and waited and became nervous as it was over 1/2 an hour after the time the shuttle was to show up and still no shuttle and we didn't want to miss our flight. We didn't have a cell phone with us and had to ask over 3 times before the person working the front desk (grudgingly) agreed to call a cab to take us to the airport. When we left in a cab, the shuttle still hadn't shown. We made our flight with 10 min. to spare. Another family had a flight leaving around the same time as ours but waited for the shuttle - I suspect they missed their flight waiting for it.

Although the shuttles' lateness wasn't directly the hotel's fault, their complete unwillingness to acknowledgte that it was late and refusal to assit the customer with a solution, even when one was presented, made for the most abysmal customer service I have ever received. On top of being unhelpful, they were rude, as if we were in the wrong by asking where the shuttle was. I've stayed at hotels within walking distance before and after this, will only be staying at those hotels again. Bad, bad, bad customer service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kirsten H
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experiences at this hotel. I must apologies for the situation you experienced. While we have no direct control over the shuttle service, the staff should have made more of an effort to resolve your situation. I have spoken to both the department head and the individual team members about this situation. While mistakes happen and problems arise there is a proper way situations should be handled. Clearly, this situation was not handled properly and for that I apologize. I believe in delivering excellent customer service and expect my staff to deliver it every time. . I know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations. Thank you again, for your comments and thank you for staying with us. Please reach out to me so I can make sure that you are compensated for the inconvenience. At Hampton we believe in our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and I want to make sure that we deliver that to you.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

You do get what you pay for here...Customer Service was excellent!!!! smiled, talked to kids~if you have had the breakfast at Embassy Suites this one is NOT the same..the eggs have some cheezy stuff in the middle, my girls efused to eat so we did not go back down any of the morning plus the place to eat breakfast was so small. The room we had had a kitchen which is why I booked there - worked perfect!!! the rooms need updated the bathroom walls are peeling and the floors in kitchen were coming up had to put something in middle of floor so noone tripped. It is a nice size for a big family and it did its purpose for Disneyland..I probably wont stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing disney you can see fireworks!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. I do regret that you did not find the complimentary breakfast to your liking. We strive to make all of our guests 100% satisfied and it is clear we were not able to deliver this to you. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations. I hope we will get another opportunity to serve you and exceed you expectations.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a family Disney vacation. I booked a 2 room suite for 6 of us and it was very spacious. My favorite part of this hotel was the free breakfast in the morning. We saved a lot of money by eating there and the kids never got tired of it because they had different selections every day. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had the opportunity to enjoy the pool as well, nothing fancy but the kids enjoyed it. Room was spacious and clean. I had no complaints. Compared to the cost of other hotels in the area this once was a great value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank annabelle2424

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I visited Disneyland July 2-6 and stayed in this hotel. Keep in mind this is not a brand new Hampton Inn. A lot of the hotels in Anaheim are old, and have such a high turn around in customers, mostly families with children, due to the location. That will equal some wear and tear in the hotel. That being said, the customer service was very good and we had a good overall experience.
Our first room had a stain in the carpet and on the light, and felt dingy. A/C unit not working, neither was phone. I asked to be changed. The second room's phone didn't work, nor did one of the lights, and it had a humid musty smell. I am severe asthmatic and had to ask to be changed again. The woman at the front desk told me she would send housekeeping to inspect the second room before she changed me again. At this point we were tired from traveling all the way from NY with an infant, and had missed 2 shuttles to Disneyland already. So she gave us our third room, which was sprayed heavily with lemon Lysol (with malice, I think, to shut me up about it having a smell). I was really upset because the chemicals in that lemon Lysol could have aggravated my asthma. We left for our evening in Disneyland, but not before informing the front desk it was not right how they did that. Luckily when we came back the room lost the smell. BUT there was a reddish stain in the bathroom that resembled either blood or ketchup and it was smack in plain view every time I walked in the bathroom and GROSSED ME OUT.
I was upset about our experience upon check-in and the stain so I went downstairs that night and asked for a manager. The man responded "OK I can help you." I explained what happened and he said he would look into it and to come back down in the AM to tell a MANAGER to tell HOUSEKEEPING to clean out the stain. I asked again are you the manger. He says no but I can help you. Well I asked for a manager, and I did not like that he implied he was, told me he could help me but only told me to come back in the AM. Frustrating.
I sent my husband to go talk to the manager in the AM. He was soooo nice. He made sure we were taken care of during our stay and always remembered us. I was happy with our stay but it did start out rocky. The breakfast each morning was on point. Those people work hard to keep everything stocked. The later you go the busier it gets but just pace yourself. They have waffles, yogurt, eggs, sausage, toast, muffins, juice, and more. The pools and hot tub are very nice, we only got to use them once being so busy in Disneyland. The shuttle is also excellent. At 4 dollars per person a day it can not be beat. It comes every half an hour and the drivers are very nice. The ride was 5-7 mins. We even came back for a nap one day, that's how close it was.
As for the room, like I stated, the hotel is not brand new, but its a room. The beds were very clean and comfortable. Just inspect your room when you get in, they should not have a problem changing you if you are not satisfied with the accommodations.That's why I love Hampton Inns. The beds, the breakfast, and the customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet C

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. While I do regret that your beginning stay experiences were not up to the level of excellence I would expect, I am truly grateful that your situation was resolved during your stay. I believe in delivering excellent customer service and expect my staff to deliver it every time. While I am pleased that you were finally taken care of, I would like to apologize to you that it was not done sooner. I will make sure to share this experience with my staff to ensure that it is not repeated. I would like to thank you for not only staying with us, but taking the time to share your feedback. I hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Meeting friends from Vietnam this was a great place to stay so all the children were able to have fun at Disney.

Room Tip: Get the adjoining suites
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations. I am truly greatful that we were able to assist in your family's Disney vacation. We look forward to serving you again.