Candlewood Suites North Orange County
$139
Homewood
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$180
$129
GardenInn.com
$163
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Delta Hotels Anaheim Garden Grove(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$179
$119
Delta Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim South(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$149
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$128
Hyatt Regency Orange County(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$124
$119
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of $258/night.

Anaheim Marriott Suites(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$106
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$122
$112
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$175
$149
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

All reviewsfree laundryextended staychange towelsfresh towelscomforts of homedirty towelsanaheim areathe staff was friendly and helpfulwater pressurefreewaydishwasherappliancespopeyesgymplugocparks
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This Candlewood Suites is a great value when in the Orange County/Anaheim area. The hotel sits back from the street a bit and is sort of hidden. A few reviewers commented that the hotel is located in a residential area which is completely wrong... the hotel is located in a commercial area and there are other hotels located on the street such as a Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express. There are plenty of restaurants and businesses nearby.

The outside is inviting and clean and the barbeque/grilling pavilion is probably the nicest and biggest I have ever seen at any hotel. I don't know if it gets used much, but it is certainly very nice and if you have the time, a great place to grill out at.

The inside of the hotel can use some updates for sure... it is NOT run down, but can use a refresh like they have done to the rooms. The check-in area is small and nothing fancy, but is clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and will try to help you with whatever they can. There is a small store to purchase needed items which is quite nice and honestly, reasonable.

The rooms are quite nice and for the price... excellent. The hotel is going through the process of renovating the rooms. The first floor is done and the rooms are really nice. They come with a full kitchen, living area, bathroom which is separate from the bedroom, and the bedroom area.
The kitchens are fully equipped with dishes, pots and pans, etc. ... even popcorn! The new rooms are modern and quite nice. The bedroom area in the 1 bedroom suite was "cozy" but still rather nice. The hotel only features queen beds in all the rooms... NO KING BEDS at ALL. I guess it is because the bedrooms would not allow a king bed to fit.
I also saw a nonrenovated room... these rooms, while not so updated and modern, are still quite nice.

Overall, I would have to say this is one of the best values in the Anaheim area especially considering that it is an extended stay hotel and all suites. Yes, the hallways and lobby need updating and refreshing, but I am sure this is on the list of things to do (besides, who sleeps in a hallway?). The rooms/suites are great for either families or those on business and the staff is also wonderful.

ONE OTHER NOTE- this hotel does NOT have a pool, which for some is a big deal and others is not.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here for one night and then moved to another Candlewood in Irvine.

The room was dirty, the linens had not been laundered, the bathroom was not cleaned, and the laundry room was filthy and disgusting. It was too late to change hotels by the time we got here, but we left asap in the morning to go to another Candlewood in Irvine. I stripped out the linens (fortunately, since we had planned to stay a while at Candlewood, I had packed extra linens in the suitcase).

I tried to wash the hotel's dirty linens, but the laundry room was full, even at midnight!

Since this is the closest Candlewood to the theme parks (Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm), I assume that it attracts tourists, especially ones who are staying for an extended period of time. Some of those tourists may be treating the property not like a hotel (where people should be considerate of other guests) but like home (where they probably feel free to mess up the place like pigs).

The Candlewood in Garden Grove is also the most expensive of all the Candlewoods in the area. What's more, when there is a convention in town, or during graduation, or spring break, or high tourist season, the prices are jacked up even more. But that is actually typical of all the hotels near Anaheim - they gouge tourists.

I would not recommend this hotel at all. Sure, the free laundry is a draw, but why pay the outrageous prices for a poorly-maintained and sloppy facility? Stay somewhere else, at a real hotel that has daily housekeeping service and just go to the laundromat if you're going to be there a while.

Room Tip: Ask to look at your room before accepting our room assignment. Check to see if it's clean or not.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear NoelleTraveler,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay. I am glad to know that our location was perfect for your purpose of travel. However, it is truly unfortunate to read that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and rest assured that I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department for proper action and fix.

We hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again in the future.

Best regards,

Faith R

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Dirty carpet, my recliner had the vinyl ripped off of both armrests. Poor lighting in rear parking lot. Definitely not up to the standards of most Candlewood Suites. My truck was broken into one night, no video cameras on exterior though.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank drdroad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear drdroad,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Faith R

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I had stayed a Candlewood Suites in Texas and had a great experience, so I decided to book a room with Candlewood for my family's Disneyland vacation. The carpet in the hallway and in the room was stained. The sofa cushions were also stained. The housekeeper did not clean our room or provide us with new towels. I had to ask for them at the front desk. There was areas of exposed dry wall in the room. The good things about the hotel are the friendly staff and price. I would not choose to stay here again nor recommend this Candlewood to family or friends.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jaleisha J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Jaleisha J,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the carpet condition, the sofa and housekeeping which was unacceptable. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Reasonable, comfortable, and convenient. CS Garden Grove hit all of my marks. I really needed the full freezer for my frozen Hawaiian goodies. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby on Harbor Blvd. The most convenient exit/entrance with card reader was very hit or miss with my room card- I used the main entrance almost as much. The major factor for me repeating here would be my flight time at LAX. I had an 11:30 am flight and it took nearly an hour and a half to drive 40+miles to fill up the rental car, return it, and catch the shuttle to the airport. Someplace to keep in mind for my future travel plans.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
GGRGGSales, General Manager at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

We're glad to hear that the refrigerator was a convenience for storing your frozen Hawaiian goodies.
Yes, there are several restaurant options near our hotel along Harbor boulevard and even more at the Outlets at Orange. Which is only a mile and a half from our hotel.

Thank you letting us know about your key card. We'll do an inspection to ensure that our cards are functioning with ease.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.