“Great stay for $$”

Candlewood Suites North Orange County
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great place to stay for money. Service is a little different than other hotels I have stayed at with no pool and no daily housekeeping but full kitchen in room was great. Location was good to attractions and dining. The free laundry was another bonus I was not expecting. Overall I would return on my next trip to the area

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This Candlewood is newly renovated, so everything is rather modern and clean - total pleasant surprise to me. The room is a tad small for the furniture. But the bath room is clean, large and super bright.

Like another reviewer, I too had toilet issue. On my first stay, I got a room with a clogged toilet that flooded the entire bathroom. I was moved to a 2nd room which had a leaky toilet that was leaking loudly all night. On my 2nd stay, I had another leaky toilet room in a completely different room. It was so bad that I had to turn off the water to the toilet!

The place had a nice workout room with just enough equipment - cardio machines and a brand new multi-station system. Laundry is also free, which is very convenient. I had gone on a very long trip and it was the perfect time to freshen up my clothes.

This is a nice place... I would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't the repeated toilet issue.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank knowmyhotels
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear knowmyhotels,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the cleanliness. fitness room and laundry service.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the toilet inconvenience. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a nice 2-niught stay here - came into town specifically for a Yankees game and the TMZ tour as well as a trip to Ikea. We were welcomed by Tyler, who was friendly and helpful. (Just surprised he didn't know which suites had a connecting door!) Our suite featured a large flat screen TV and DVD player (great for watching Red Box movies!), full size fridge w/ice maker, dishwasher, 2-burner stove, nice bathroom, recliner, queen bed and lots of cupboards/drawers/shelves. Table service was also provided for 2. Housekeeping does not clean daily but you are welcome to obtain more towels and supplies from the front desk. There are free self-laundry, workout room and honor sandwiches and drinks. No pool - which for us meant less kids. There is a grill area outside. For me, the height of the computer chair and the height of the table area were not a good match.

Traffic note - there's a median out front so you need to think of an alternate way around the block so you are on the right side of the street to pull in. You can only turn right out of the parking lot.

One thing noticed - housekeeping used parking spaces near the lobby door, which I believe should be reserved for guest use. Something for management to consider. Most employees are required to give the best parking areas to their guests, not their employees.

Room Tip: The above rating system wasn't working very well - as noted above there was no pool or restauran...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Diane R
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Hotel was under renovation, clerk said was on the Candlewood site but I booked through the parent IHG site and it was NOT indicated. Paint & carper glue smell everywhere. Painters decided to paint the onsite pantry area so could not use my $3.00 coupon, nor would they take it off the bill. No remote control to TV, the one delivered had no back (the batteries kept falling out). Toilet ran all night, shower pressure very low. Admittedly, a Candlewood isn't a Hilton, but even by that standard, this was a miserable stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TWC1954
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We have stayed here about a dozen times in the last 3 years. The stay is great and always the same folks. The are renovating rooms (Dec-Jan12) which means the rooms will be even nicer. Parking is good and well lit. Freeway close.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Boots K
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Rooms are well stocked.small gym,and food products available.okay for long term.but watch outt if you have allergies.rooms need a major renovation,and housekeeping needs to get strong smells under control.maybe clean carpets? I would rate this 2 stars.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mattata1
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I spent several months at this candlewood suites. Good area and lots to do close by. Staff was accomodating and helpful. I only had one true issue where someone would prop open back door allowing ppl without a key to come inside. I also had my credit card used on a website and products shipped to LA. This hotel is the only time I had used this new card and they made an impression of card for any incidentals. Maybe they had nothing to do with it but too much of a coincidence for me.

• Stayed: October 2010
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel

Been to Candlewood Suites North Orange County? Share your experiences!