“Home away from home - highly recommended!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Canada
“Home away from home - highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

From the moment we arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim we were greeted warmly by all staff members and made to feel extremely welcome. The check-in staff was efficient, friendly and most accommodating, patiently answering our questions and trying to find us the best room to meet our needs.

When we got to our room we found it was spacious, modern and very clean and bright, with a fridge and microwave, large flat screen TV and nice linen. The whole room was clean and in good repair, the bathroom was nicely laid out with all amenities including shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, vanity kit, shower cap, hairdryer and adequate towels for the whole family.

The rest of the hotel was equally nice; the swimming pool and hot tub were enclosed within a nice garden and a very pleasant seating area, partially shaded. The lobby has a small shop that is well stocked with everything a traveler could need. Free tea and coffee were available around the clock and each evening, a selection of free cookies was provided to guests - this was one of the many personal and thoughtful touches that made this hotel so great.

The breakfast was fabulous, the staff were friendly and efficient and the food was excellent, very fresh and a great selection for a very reasonable price. A cooked-to-order breakfast is available for $10USD but there were days that we wanted a self-serve breakfast only and we were charged less than half of this per person with the children eating free.

The shuttle to Disneyland was convenient and cheap, much cheaper than renting a car for this purpose, and the hotel staff provided lots of great information about local restaurants, transport and attractions. We ate a couple of times at a local Italian Restaurant located near to the hotel called Buca Di Beppo and the hotel staff gave us a coupon for a $10 discount - this restaurant serves huge portions and one meal was enough to feed two adults lunch and dinner (we took the huge amount of leftovers to our room and warmed it up in the microwave for dinner). The whole meal cost less than $30 for 3 of us and fed us all day.

The business center has 3 computer stations but is relatively quiet and well-maintained with office supplies and internet access - small and basic but perfectly functional.

We have stayed in many hotels in the Disneyland area and this was definitely the best. It's not particularly fancy but it is very clean, family-friendly and customer-focused. All in all I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - the staff were wonderful and made us feel so cared for, I would definitely stay here again and thank everyone at the hotel for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Theitodds
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write such an extensive email that really breaks down what the hotel has to offer. As much pride as we take in our accomodations, the fact that the service we provided was to the caliber that you wrote about makes me proud as a manager! Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed here recently while attending a conference and was very impressed by the customer service and professionalism. And it wasn't just 1 or 2 employees trying extra hard. The entire staff, from front desk to bus boy to house keeping, was smiling, friendly and going out of their way to my trip pleasant. There were numerous occasions where in a similar level of hotel, I would have been nickled and dimed for picking up a Fed Ex package, etc. These were all free, fast and friendly. The rooms, fitness center, lobby, etc were all clean and pretty standard. It was definitely the wonderful staff that made this trip review-worthy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
It is always a great thing to hear that our staff is doing things right! We take great pride in our service and making sure that each and every guest feels they are getting the five star treatment! Thank you very much for your kind words.
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

A few blocks from Disney. The price was right and the Hilton Garden was very clean. Staff was nice and near other restaurants.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Wow, thanks for the great review and for making us your hotel of choice when you are in the Anaheim area. Nex t time you are in, please let me know so that I may thank you personally for taking the time out of your day to let others know what we are doing right!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

My first stay at this particular property. It is OK, but it reminds me a a property that Hilton may have purchased and subsequently turned into an HGI. I ended up in an accessible room so maybe that is part of the problem, but this property just did not seem as 'nice' as many of the others that I have visited. The room were very quiet, but the beds did not sleep very well overall. I guess I would stay here again if I had to, but would probably check out some of the other local HIlton properties first.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
We are glad you chose to stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed the good service peace and quiet we were able to provide (which can be a great thing after a long day at a local convention or Disneyland!) . Based on your review of our 'Garden Sleep System' beds, we may have failed to properly explain how the beds have a dial at the tops of the mattress that allows you to choose the feel of the air baffle mattress to fit your likings (firm or soft). I must admit the dials are a bit hidden. Also, I would like to give you my assurance that we were built as, and will always be a Hilton Garden Inn! Again, we thank you for your patronage and would love to have the opportunity to 'WOW' you on your next visit to the area!
Calgary AB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

Stayed at this Hilton for 3 nights for our Disney vaca. Pretty close to Disneyland, maybe a 20 min walk. Service was great, Val the reservation manager went out of her way to accomodate our needs, which was very appreciated. Not sure that I would chose this hotel again if I were to go back to Anaheim, but over all not bad at all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write about us and the nice comments about the service, it's always great when a guest remembers an employee by name! We truly hope you do decide to visit us next time you are in the area, I pledge that we will make your next stay outstanding!
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed here the first week of June. It's a very good hotel if you are going to Disneyland!. The room are clean, (white linens) and the price is reasonable with a great breakfast selection, cooked to order! I booked the rate with breakfast included. I got everything I requested and more. I got my bottled water, extra pillows and my kids got disney puzzles!

The room has a mini fridge and microwave that came in handy for a tiring day at Disneyland. The hotel has a pantry where you can buy ice cream, mac and cheese and other foods and they are reasonably priced. You can buy ART tickets at the front desk. Complimentary internet, a tad slow for me but ok. Coin laundry came in handy too. Hotel is within walking distance to Target, Red Robin etc.

The front desk staff (Marc) is very pleasant and nice. Some front desk people are just OK. The breakfast staff are very attentive to your needs. Overall professional service for all.

The Anaheim Resort Transit route that serves this hotel is a great route 'coz it goes to disneyland directly and back. Short travel time!

If I'm going to Disneyland I would definitely go back here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
We love your positive review! We take great pride in our service and cleanlines, so it's great to hear that we gor it right! I will make sure to commend Mark on the lasting impression he left with you. We appreciate your loyalty and can't wait to have you back with us!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

Check in seemed a bit disconnected and rushed, but that seems pretty par for the course at any Hilton property. I mean it's professional, but lacks warmth and sincerity. We are HHonors Gold members so we were given cold bottles of water and vouchers for the breakfast buffet for in the morning. We requested a room away from the elevators and on a high floor. We got both. The room was fairly well appointed. I enjoyed the large workspace with the amazing Herman Miller chair. The desk lamp fell apart in my hands, but it was a quick fix. I put it back together myself. We tried to watch TV but for some odd reason the flat screen TV was blurry and was very limited on channels. We decided to go swimming instead. The pool was awesome. It was very shaded though. It would have been nice to do some sun bathing. The hot tub had some strange brown substance on the bottom around the edges. It the tile surround also looked a bit grimy. It could really use a cleaning. The fitness center is actually far nicer than most hotels have. The workout equipment had individual TV's at each station. This is a 100% non smoking hotel, but the hallway smelled as if someone had been smoking in it when we left for dinner. By the time we returned the smell was gone. They put cookies out for the guests in the afternoon. This is a nice touch. The business center was outstanding. It was better equipped than most offices I have been in! A pleasant surprise in a hotel business center. My major complaint was the beds. I had never stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before and had heard rave reviews on these "Garden Inn Sleep System" beds. I have to say I was less than impressed. After locating the adjustment knob (hidden under a flap, which was hidden by the sheets), and testing it out a bit, I realized that there really wasn't much difference between the hard setting and the soft setting. Even on the soft setting it wasn't really all that comfortable. The duvet cover was strange as well. It had pods of down alternative filling, making it lumpy. I found this uncomfortable and it didn't really do much in the being a blanket department either. Breakfast in the morning was shockingly good for a hotel breakfast. The eggs were made to order as was the bacon and sausage. It was a nice way to start the day. The buffet section had the typical muffins, pastries, cereal, an impressive selection of fresh fruit, coffee, juice and tea. They also have a breakfast server which was different. The server was very attentive and came by often to make sure that everything was okay. The hotel extended our check-out until 1pm which was nice. It allowed us to sleep in and not rush to leave. Check out was a breeze with the Zip Out Check Out service on the phone.

Overall this hotel is an average mid-tier family and business traveler friendly hotel. Basic amenities, but they are consistent. A good budget option for your stay in Anaheim. Adequate and inexpensive.

We would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CAndrewSemon
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a desriptive, well thought out review of our property. With all the choices you have we are glad that you chose to stay with us and that you will be back for a future visit! Next time we promise to change your opinion from 'Average, but enjoyable' to 'Outstanding, and enjoyable'
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#5 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,705 reviews
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!