“Good value”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Roseville, CA, United States
“Good value”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The location is great, close to Disneyland and several good restaurants. It is a well run property with an excellent staff. We've stayed in several hotels near this property and this one provides the best value

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I know that there are many hotels in the surrounding area, but we are extremely glad you chose to stay with us. We do our best in providing great guest service, as well as providing value for money spent. Next time you are in town, please stop by and say hi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have stayed here often. Hotel is well kept and staff is polite, friendly and helpful. The location being close to Disneyland is a plus when on personal time and it is still a great place to stay for business trips.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We understand location is key when choosing a hotel, but being in close proximity to Disneyland means many hotels to choose from. This being said, it brings many different types of travelers, anywhere from families to corporate, we do our best in providing guest service, even if it means customizing a few areas to accomodate. Thank you for your business and we look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel was overall clean however the standard of the fixtures, fittings and overall appearance did not seem to be to the normal HGI standards.
Price was not too bad, however it wasn't until after I booked and paid for (no cancellations) that I noticed it was $12 a nite to park the rental car (adds up when I stayed there for 5 nites).
Beds were typically HGI firm.
Breakfast was ok (nothing to write home about).
Pool was OK but they were a little slow keeping the overall pool area tidy. Will give this HGI a miss on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was "Below average" I want to apologize for the parking charge inconvenience. I will make sure to communicate with the Guest service agents on clarifying the parking charge while reservations are being made. For the fixtures and fittings, we recently renovated our lobby and restaurant areas, but as far as the rooms go, we are working on a plan to upgrade them, hopefully sooner than later. Please do not hesitate to contact myself at Keith.Moses@hilton.com or by phone (714)620-2137 for your next stay with us so we can make sure to make things right this time around.
Grand Terrace, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean, but the shuttle service was not advertised to include a fee for the service. When I asked about the shuttle service, the staff only answered the specific questions I asked, and I ended up having to come back with more questions about the service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was a disappointing one. For the shuttle service, you are correct, there is a daily charge for the service, and I understand that the price should be advertised. I want to apologize on behalf of our Guest Service Agents for dropping the ball on the information about the shuttle service, and more importantly the pricing information alone. I feel that it should have been stated to you once it was recognized you were a bit unfamiliar with the service. We would like to have you as guests again, so please choose to stay with us in the near future so we can make it right.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with the kids while visiting Disneyland. We live about an hour away and have stayed at many local hotels while visiting the mouse. The lobby looks pretty new. Rooms are the same as every other HGI in the country. Rooms were ok. Clean and big enough but nothing special. Our room had 2 queens (better than having doubles). I didn't hear road noise or noise from other rooms. Our rate included breakfast. It's not a buffet but it limited to basic breakfast fare. On one of the beds, the dial to adjust the bed's softness was broken off so that you couldn't adjust it. Overall, for what we paid, I was very happy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JeffS_from_LA
I am very happy to hear that your last stay with us was a good stay. There are many hotels in the area, so I am very pleased to hear that we were your top choice. We did, in fact, recently renovate our lobby and restaurant area, very glad you took the time to notice. I will most definitely look into your reservation so we can get our maintenance staff to fix the adjustment dial on the bed that had it broken off. As always, it was our pleasure to have you as guests, and please choose to stay with us again in the near future.
Redondo Beach, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Although check in time is not until 3:00 pm, the front desk allowed for my husband & I to check in at 10:00 am. We were able to parked our car & take the shuttle to Disneyland therefore saving us the cost of parking at Disneyland which is I'm sure a lot more than the cost of parking at the hotel. I mostly appreciated that because I know from experience in staying at other hotels, that they don't always let you check in earlier than what you're supposed to. Thank you, the service from all that attended us, was great. Sincerely, Jessie Ruano

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Your "Excellent" stay with us is something we strive for. I am very happy to hear we were able to accomodate you with an earlier check-in time. We do our best to provide great and professional guest service by any means necessary. If in the near future you plan on staying with us again, please stop by and say Hello.
Sacramento
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I liked the hotel. It looks like they just recently renovated the lobby and I like the style. I appreciated being able to order breakfast in the morning at a reasonable price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to notice our recently renovated lobby and restaurant area. I am glad you were able to have breakfast with us as well. We pride ourselves on great guest service and in return, we hope for guest loyalty, which looks to be the case with you and your recent stay. Hope to have you back soon, and when in town, please stop by and say Hi.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#4 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!