“Moderately priced hotel with welcoming staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Burnsville, United States
“Moderately priced hotel with welcoming staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Attractive, clean hotel within a mile and a half of Disneyland entrance, the Garden Grove Hilton Garden Inn was reasonably priced. All staff members radiated genuine warmth and happiness, and went above and beyond expectations to make the stay pleasant. It was possible to walk to Disneyland or take public transportation right out the front door!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
It was great to hear that your recent stay with us was "above and beyond." The entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn-Anaheim/Garden Grove prides themselves on delivering the best guest service and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Please visit us again soon, and while you're here, stop by and say Hi!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I choose this hotel because it's great location, refrigerator & microwave are included and it's a great value. Other hotels charge extra for fridge & microwave. This is always my first choice even when I'm not visiting Disneyland. This trip was to Hollywood but the hotels are ridiculously priced there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Glad to hear that your recent stay with us was a great one! We do our best to accomodate our guests and having necessities such as a mini-fridge and microwave in the rooms really goes a long way. Next time you are in town, please stop by and say hello.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here before back in 2011 and had a great stay. This time not so much. The hotel's proximity to Disneyland assures it will have a lot of traffic. The hotel is is need of a definite remodeling, The public area's other than the dining area and check-in look a little rough. The elevators and hallways need attention too. Had a King bed room and was disappointed with what I found. The room was worn. The carpet was pulling away from the bathroom door and was frayed. The sink drained extremely slow and the tile was cracked near the shower. The worst part was the bed. The right side of the bed was like sleeping in a hole and the left side was like a rock. The bed's adjustment knobs did absolutely nothing. Made for a miserable nights sleep. I stay at HGI because of the bed's. Had it not been so late we would have asked to change room's, but being past midnight when we found out we were to tired. Breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular. The service was very good. I did notify the front desk about the maintenance issues with our room and told them of my disappointment. We came to a amicable agreement. If hotel is remodeled I would go back but not until then.

1 Thank CCG2010
I am sorry to hear that your last stay with us was an unpleasant experience. We are actually in the final stages of a major renovation to our lobby and dining areas, as well as the front desk. Thank you for bringing all of these specific room areas to our attention, we will look into fixing all of these issues. I am glad that we were able to come to an agreement with you for your stay, and I would like to welcome you back as our guests in our newly renovated hotel. Whenever possible, please contact myself either by phone at 714-620-2137, or by email at Keith.Moses@hilton.com.
San Tan Valley, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The breakfast wasn't free even though our papers said otherwise. We weren't able to use our points or receive them. The beds were hard as a rock. Parking was always full. We always love Hilton hotels so this was a shock for us. The staff was helpful though and everything was very clean.

1 Thank Mary E
I want to apologize for your disappointing stay with us. Due to certain circumstances, if your reservation was booked through a third party company (ex. Expedia, HotWire, etc.), then Hilton Honor points would not be issued for the room and tax charges because those dollar amounts were not reconciled by our hotel. If this was not the case for you, please do not hesitate to contact myself and I can help you receive the Hilton Honor points you deserve. If possible, we would love for you to give us another try so we can make your stay right. You can contact me by email at Keith.Moses@hilton.com, or by phone at 714-620-2137.
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

My spouse, son and I checked in on October 10/13. We checked out on October 15/13.

We should have checked out sooner but didn't as this hotel was selected as part of a Westjet Vacations package.

I was very disappointed with our stay.

1. LOUD and CONSTANT humming noises

Upon arrival into our room on the 2nd floor, my spouse and I both immediately heard a very loud humming noise.

I contacted the front desk and was told that a maintenance worker
would be sent up.

This loud humming noise was a different noise than the humming noise coming from the mini fridge and the noise coming from the air conditioner/heating unit.

The maintenance worker told me that the humming noise was likely caused by construction in the kitchen.

He told me that the noise should stop when construction ends for the night. He said that should be within the hour.

At that time it was approximately 8:30pm.
By 9:30pm the noise was still quite audible and very disturbing.

The LOUD and CONSTANT humming noise continued the entire night, making it very difficult for me to sleep.

The next morning I could not tolerate the loud and constant humming noise any longer and contacted the front desk.

The front desk clerk agreed to move us to another room. He advised me that there were no other rooms that we could have been moved to the previous night. He also advised me that there was no kitchen construction the previous evening.

In our new room 4 floors directly above our previous room, the humming noise was still audible but not as loud.

Unfortunately this room also had a humming noise coming from the bathroom vent, a humming noise from the mini fridge, and a noisy air conditioner/heating unit.

2. Chocolate milk

We were given coupons for a complimentary breakfast on October 11, 2013, presumably for the inconvenience we suffered due to the loud and constant humming noise in our first room and the subsequent relocation to the second room 4 floors up.

I told the front desk clerk that it was like living in a tv set.

She winced and told me about a time when there was a problem with a humming noise at the front desk. She said that after 5 minutes the noise was unbearable.

She then gave me the breskfast coupons and apologized for the inconvenience.

When the server arrived to take our order, I ordered chocolate milk for my son and I.
I was told by the server that there was no chocolate milk.

However, as we were eating our breakfast we noticed a family seated nearby had ordered and was served with chocolate milk.

3. Parking spots are not plentiful.

I will not be staying at this hotel again. It was a very unpleasant stay and I will be contacting Westjet Vacations as well.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank lglbgl
I want to apologize for an unpleasant experience at the hotel and for dropping the ball on many occassions. Yes, we are undergoing a major renovation to the lobby, dining areas, and front desk, which could possibly explain the "humming" noise. We are doing our best at keeping the construction noise to a minimum for our guests, but at times it is a bit difficult. I understand that your reservation was booked through WestJet Vacations, whenever you have a chance, please contact myself so we can discuss what we can do to make this situation right. My email is Keith.Moses@hilton.com and my phone number is 714-620-2137
Eureka, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Clean rooms and we were generally happy with our experience. The pool is teeny tiny, but we spent most of our time in Disneyland. You have to pay for breakfast, so we just bought food at Target across the street and used the minifridge and microwave.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am glad to hear that your recent stay with us was a pleasant one. We pride ourselves on having very clean rooms and providing nothing, but the best service to all of our guests. I'm also happy to hear that you were able to go to our nearby neighbor, Disneyland, which is always a great time. Please do stay with us again in the near future, and while doing so, stop by and say Hi!
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

When we called to make the reservation we were not informed about on going construction. When we arrived we were shocked at what we found. The desk clerk informed us that the construction was running behind and they anticipated it would have been completed before we arrived. The morning breakfast was held in a conference room area. We chose to eat elsewhere. The parking lot is still horrible. Every night when we returned we could not find a parking spot in the Hilton Garden parking lot. We usually had to park in the farthest part of the lot for the Hampton. We were afraid that we would find our car towed because we were using there lot instead of the Hilton Garden.Charging us $15 dollars for parking is outright robbery when you can even park in the hotel lot. We took this vacation to relieve some stress and it just added to it. Let me rephrase that the Hilton Garden did not provide a stress free stay. We will not be staying here on any future vacation or business vacations. Fortunately other Hilton Gardens are not run this poorly. This one needs a complete makeover from management on down.

I believe the positive reviews were written by management or staff. There were plenty of people complaining during our stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else but here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I want to apologize for the inconvenience that the hotel renovation has caused you during your stay with us. Of our many goals, one is to provide a "Stress Free Stay," but on occassions such as this, it is a bit difficult and I understand your frustration, and I can clearly see how we dropped the ball. Although the parking charge is actually $12, you are completely right about how the parking situation was during the remodeling process. Also, we pride ourselves in providing professional guest service and as a measure of this, we utilize Trip Advisor as a gateway to direct feedback with our recent guests.

Whenever time permits, please give myself a call at (714)620-2137, or email myself at Keith.Moses@hilton.com so that we can discuss about some adjustments I can make to your recent stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#5 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,708 reviews
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!