Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were impressed with the Hilton Garden Inn. They were very accommodating and helpful in providing tips and directions to attractions. Our Westjet Vacations package included free parking ($12/day normally)and a 15% breakfast discount for adults and kids eat for free. Rooms have microwaves, fridges and free wifi with convenience store items available in lobby. This property is a great choice for families. A manager greeted us at breakfast each morning to inquire about our stay. They offer a disney shuttle $5/adults $2/kids round trip as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gwtrips
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

We are so pleased that you were impressed with our accomdations and our helpful associates. We always love our friends from Westjet! Thank you for letting others know about all of our services and I hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my wife and my brother and his wife and kids. The hotel was nice and clean. I loved the beds; my wife and I were able to individually adjust the firmness of our respective sides which was nice because I prefer my bed a little firmer than she does. The staff was very friendly and helpful. At check-in we saw that they had a breakfast buffet, my brother expressed his desire to have breakfast there for the duration of our stay. The manager overheard this and decided to give all six of us free breakfast for the three days we were there. The breakfast was delicious! The have omlets made to order, pancakes,bacon, sausage, all kinds of pastries,cereals, juices and coffee. It would have been well worth the price, but as I say they, gave it to us for free. Another thing I noticed was that the room was reasonably quiet. That might have been due to the fact that there weren't any noisy neighbors on our floor, but we had a much better experience at this hotel then ones we have stayed at in the past. Infact, we have stayed at many hotels on harbour blvd in the past. But I would say that this hotel was probably the best overall experience we have had, and many of the places we have stayed at were more expensive and had higher star ratings. If I could critique anything it would be that the pool was small, and the shuttle service to Disneyland had some glitches, but all in all the Hilton Garden Inn hit all the marks. We had a wonderful family trip and lots of good memories to cherish. I would definitely come back to this hotel; in fact, I actually booked two rooms at this hotel for November 23-26th. We will be definately getting the breakfast! Maybe I'll see you there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael R

Thank you so much for the great comments about the service and accomodations! I am glad you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System bedding, it was designed specifically to make it for the best of both worlds. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and that our manager took good care of you. Most importantly, I am proud that we were able to be a part of your families cherished memories. Please stop by the desk and say hello to me next time you come to town!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Checked into this Garden Inn with the expectation of an updated facility. Since their hotel site said they had just updated the place, I was expecting a newer feeling place. Not so. Since the place is so close to Disney, I can only assume that this place is full much of the time and gets worn out quickly. Parking is a pain, the stalls are too small for a normal sized car. Check in went fine. The elevator smelled like a diaper for both days I was there. The room was OK, but definately not new or remodeled feeling. Bathroom has some miles on it...if you know what I mean and the walls were pretty thin. Breakfast was good, but the hotel has no restaurant other than just for breakfast.

The internet was super slow and wouldnt let me even use it the first night, even after alerting the front desk. I was directed to the IT support service for the hotel, sat on hold for 15 minutes, never talking to anyone and then just gave up. The next night it worked.

Room Tip: Look for a room that is not on the front of the building. Lots of road noise from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. Please know that we are constantly updating the hotel whenever possible and look forward to further renovations in the upcoming months. We have upgraded the bandwidth of our internet to well over the standard provided by most hotels. I have noted the wait time with the provider so they are aware of the service issue and I assure you that generally speaking the consensus on our internet speed has been positive. The odor issue that occured I assure you was an anomoly that I have addressed, but it is the first time I have heard this sort of thing. Thank you for the great comments about the breakfast! Please feel free to contact me directly so i may have the opportunity to address your issues and assure your continued loyalty. I may be reached at keith.moses@hilton.com or by calling 714.620.2137. Thanks!

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

This HGI is on the lower end of rankings for all HGI properties, however it is still a decent hotel. There is no bar. The breakfast service was good. The workout room was as small and dated as any I've seen, especially compared to other HGI's. The price was right though and the service was very good.

• Stayed: November 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let others know about your recent stay. I really appreciate the positive comments about the breakfast, service, and reasonable pricing. I would like to let you and everyone else know that we will be opening a bar in the upcoming months (date is still not firm so I do not want to quote a specified date). Also all of our Precor equipment in our exercise room should be similar to other properties as it is the requred fitness equipment throughout the Hilton Garden Inn brand. I do admit the room is a little small and we are looking at ways to expand our exercise room, so more to in the future on that. Thank you again and please let us know if we are able to anwer any additional questions.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 10+ times over the past 8 years. Used to be a well maintained Garden Inn in excellent shape. Over the last 2-3 years the "disney crowd" has beat the hotel up a bit. Hallway and elevator below par....smaller workout room.....in-room fridge questionable.

Employees tried hard and appear to be committed. Facilities need some sprucing up.

For the business crowd that needs to be near Disney/Harbor Drive and enjoys HGI....expand your search.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I would like to thank you for mentioning our committed staff and for the taking the time to let us know about your concerns. I assure you we are consistently updating and renovating our property and that we are strive to be the best choice in the area if you are looking for quiet, clean, comfortable accommodations. With top notch service and everything that business (or leisure) travelers need. Please feel free to contact me at 714.703.9100 or email me at keith.moses@hilton.com so I may be able to personally discuss the issues you had and have the opportunity to regain your loyalty.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Jasmine at the front desk was most hospitable! The entire team was super friendly and made us feel so welcome! Love this hotel, love this staff! We will absolutely chose this hotel anytime we come back to Disneyland.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Kelly K

We agree that Jazmine is most definately quite hospitable and we are truly lucky to have her as well as our entire service oriented staff. We are also lucky to have wonderful guests who give this kind of positive feedback and loyalty. Thank you for the great comments!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I travel a lot and stay at various Hilton properties. As Hilton Garden Inns go, this one is above average in overall design, location and services but needs some updating.

Let's start with the positives: The location is great for anyone - families going to Disney or business people who want a big choice of restaurants and easy access to freeways. They have a very good breakfast, average or better than other Garden Inns I've stayed at. The lobby is nice and staff is friendly (although a bit incompetent at times). Prices are generally pretty reasonable. Even though it serves families as well as business people, rooms are very quiet.

Negatives: The place is a little rundown, but not any worse than other hotels in the Disney/Convention area I've stayed at. While rooms could use a paint job and new carpet, they keep everything very clean. They also charge $12 per night for parking, which is unusual for a suburban Garden Inn but the norm for hotels on Harbor Blvd.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you letting others know about our great location, friendly service, and tasty breakfast. We take great pride in our service and accomodations and I assure you we are constantly taking steps to update and create the best possible environment for our valued guests. I understand your comment about the parking fee, but like you stated it is common for the Anaheim Resort district in which we are quite reaonably priced.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 119 in Anaheim

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!