“Good hotel for Disneyland”

Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed here 10 days in April 2012. Hotel was clean, breakfast was good (lots of fresh fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal, pancakes, eggs...), staff was fairly nice. We have a 1 year old daughter and there wasn't much for her to do, except going to Disneyland, of course. But if you are not planning in going there EVERYDAY while you're staying here, consider bringing plenty of toys and activities for the little ones. All there is for them in the neighborhood is a tiny playground a couple of miles away from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

We are glad that the accomodations were ideal for a Disney trip, including clean accomodations, location, and a tasty breakfast. We always strive to be exceptional in service, so want to make sure the next time we change that fairly around! If you are lounging around the hotel we do always have the heated pool, whirlpool, business center, exercise room, and just in case you need them we do carry games for free at the front desk! Also, our Front Desk staff would be happy to make some suggestions on area attractions and cost effective transportation to and from those.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed here last week. Room was clean, bed was comfy. Exercise room is small, but adequate and staff is always super-helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you writing the short, but sweet, review on the hotel. The number of great comments we have had on our service have been extraordinary! It is also, of course, great to hear positive things about our cleaniness and amentiies!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I ended up booking here for one night because I couldn't get into the hotel where my conference was being held. As it turned out, this hotel was cleaner and a better value so I switched my reservation and remained here for nearly a week. It had an awesome breakfast and some of the nicest desk staff that I have ever encountered. The bed was super-comfortable and the location was great for my needs. I was a very long way from home, but I certainly didn't feel so far away thanks to these people, I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank EveningConstitution

This is an amazing review! To know that we wowed you to the point that you truly went out of your way to stay with us, makes me incredibly proud! Thank you for the glowing review and we look forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was my third business visit to to Southern California. I stayed at this Hotel in September 2011. For novices, Hilton has many categories of hotels and this is not a 100-storey types but one of their mid-priced hotels. However, that is not to be misconstrued as lack of service or facilities. Location is very close to Disneyland. Target, Subway, Pharmacy, other restaurants are very nearby.

Right from the reception to end of stay, I was thoroughly impressed. Room was very spacious and neatly done. Internet was complimentary for everybody. Room also had a fridge and microwave which was a big plus. Room service was responsive and amenities were ample.

Parking was chargeable but being a HHonors member, they made some provisions for it. Being a HHonors member, I was provided free breakfast coupons which I did not use much because of my work schedules. When I did use them, I was satisfied with the options.

Fitness Center was small but good. Didnt use the pool. Their computer kiosk with printing service was sufficient for occassional needs. Staff was accomodating and took care of small requests welcomingly.

Overall, a great Hilton budget hotel at a perfect location!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Chintan_AKA_CeeGee
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you so much for pointing out all of the great things about our hotel! Our location, how we work within the Hilton family of hotels, our convenient amenities and services, as well as our friendly, welcoming staff. Next time I hope you have time to try the breakfast, I assure you it is delicious!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Thanks to the hotel staff it was a real good place to stay as we were attending Disneyland the shuttle was near and so were fast food places and target etc. I would stay there again and would tell others to stay there as well.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and had no problems with noise it was easy to get in and leave when need...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jetsetterWinnipeg
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

It is so nice to receive yet another response that discusses our hardworking, friendly staff and great location! Thank you so much for the taking the time to let others know!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We are a family of 4 and recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Anaheim for 3 nights. We were visiting CSU Long Beach and Disneyland. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The beds were comfortable as well. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room, which came in handy.

The heater/ac unit wasn't working when we checked in, but a call to the front desk and it was fixed within 20 minutes. We did not use the pool or exercise room, but they looked very nice.

Buca di Beppa is within walking distance. We are HH gold members and get breakfast for 2 included with our membership. When we checked in, the clerk saw that we are a family of 4 and gave us breakfast vouchers for all 4 of us staying in the hotel.

The breakfast was wonderful. Everything was fresh and we were able to get eggs, omelettes, pancakes or french toast cooked to order each morning. The restauarnt also had a differnt breakfast special each day which was very good. Normally, breakfast is $12.95 p/p, which seems a bit pricey.

The hotel is a little over a a mile to Disneyland. You could walk it, but it would be a long walk (especially after a long day at the park).

The hotel staff is all very friendly. We would have no qualms about recommending the HIlton Garden Inn or staying here in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for letting others know about our well appointed rooms and friendly staff. Although we strive to have all guest stays incident free, it is good to know that the issue with your heater-A/C was quickly fixed! I would also like to point out that yes it can be a long walk to the hotel after a long day at Disneyland, but we do offer transportation to and from the parks that picks up curbside for a minimal fee. Thanks again for your stay and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel was phenomenal in accommodating my need to stay on a day-by-day basis. We needed a place to bring my college-aged daughter to recuperate after emergency surgery in Orange. Granted, this wasn't the peak season, though it was spring break time, the front desk help assured me we could stay however long we needed and wouldn't have to move rooms nor be charged penalty for leaving without 24 hour notice. Thank you, Hassan! Every staff member at this establishment was beyond pleasant and helpful. Many took interest in my daughter's health, always asking if there was anything I needed.

The rooms are quite spacious, with a perfect little "kitchen" corner with refrigerator, microwave, cabinets and coffee maker. Everything worked well and the space was perfect for the food needs of our extended stay. Restaurants and Target (with pharmacy!) were all adjacent or within one block of the hotel. The buffet breakfast offered in their lobby was ideal in that we could pick up freshly made breakfast and take it to the room quickly. The noise level at the room was minimal to non-existent and the mattresses were adjustable, so a great place to get good rest.

Though we usually stay at the Doubletree in Orange to be closer to Chapman University, I will stay here from now on. It is worth the extra 2 minute drive. Thank you to Hilton Garden Inn staff!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view of East LA from the sixth floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane S

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We take great pride in our service, accomodations, location, and amenities, and it seems that we were able to impress on all accounts. All of us appreciate you taking the time and would like to wish your daughter a speedy recovery!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 119 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!