“Nice place”

Ramada Plaza Garden Grove/Anaheim South
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
“Nice place”
Reviewed March 3, 2006

This hotel was fine. Nothing fancy, but the room was clean (if worn) and the staff was very helpful and polite. I had requested a nonsmoking room and unfortunately the previous guest had been smoking in the room and it reeked of cigarettes. I promptly went down to the desk and they had no problem giving me another room and they were very apologetic. They seemed upset that someone had smoked in one of their non-smoking rooms. They also put us on the top floor which I had requested. The breakfast was fine; cereal, toast, juice and coffee. Overall, the Ramada was great for our one-night stay and the price was right. The only thing I wish they had were pay-for-view movies as I had promised the two teenagers that were with me that they could watch a movie, but that was my mistake, I should have checked first.

2 Thank suru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed January 18, 2006

found like 5 dead bugs in the tub!!!
ewwww!
rinsed them away, few reappeared the next morning!!

arrived late, and got horrible room next to the door to the parking lot - very noisy.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Garden Grove hotels

Reviewed January 1, 2006

Brought my family to Disneyland and stayed 4 days and 3 nights in this Hotel.
Pros: Swimming Pool - small but perfect if you have 2-3 kids. My 2 kids had a great time at the pool.
Continental Breakfast - If you are on tight budget, this free breakfast can save you a lot. They serve coffee, bread, apples, bananas, etc.
Cons: Room Key - It does not work during check in. You need to go down to the lobby and let them re-validate the key. Television - bad reception and the remote control does not work. Reported the issue but there's nothing they can do about it. Shuttle - The front desk will tell you that you need to make reservation to be accomodated on the shuttle. However, the drivers schedule of pickup and drop off are unreliable. Twice, we have to wait between 30 minutes to an hour. If you are catching a Disney show, better drive and pay the parking.

I hope that this review will be posted for the Management to act on the cons mentioned above.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix Arizona
Reviewed July 23, 2005

Husband and I stayed here for one night in July and were very disappointed. This hotel is not at all what I expect from a 3 star. I've stayed in nicer Motel 6's. While the lobby is classy looking the hallways and rooms are very outdated and smelled somewhat. The mattress in our room felt like it was 20 years old. Two nice things I can say - the bathroom was really clean and they had free wireless internet access in the rooms. Still not worth the $69 we paid on Hotwire.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank azdesertdiva
San Diego, CA
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We stayed at the Ramada Plaza hotel in June 2005. We chose this hotel because it looked decent and was priced about $30 to $50 less than other Disneyland area hotels. We are not looking for anything special as far as hotels go, since most of our time is spent at Disneyland.

The hotel is easy to find and is in kind of a run down neighborhood. There was plenty of parking, including an underground garage which we didn't use. We were only staying one night (Sunday). We got there Sunday morning at 8:45 AM to catch the free Disneyland shuttle that runs once per hour.

Bad idea. First of all, they have one 15 seat shuttle that operates once per hour to serve the entire hotel. I had called the hotel a week prior to our stay to make sure we would have room on the shuttle. The lady that answered assured us that she put our name down for the 9:00 AM shuttle. I went to the front desk to check in and the clerk had no idea who we were. He showed me the shuttle reservation list and we were not on there. So instead of twiddling our thumbs for an hour (we couldn't check in that early, and there is nothing else to do there) I decided to just drive and pay the $10 parking fee at Disney. My advice for those who are thinking of staying here is to forget about the shuttle and just drive yourself if possible. It's not worth the headache.

Other than that, the hotel was very decent. We got back to the hotel at 11:00 PM and checked in right away. Plenty of parking. The room was spacious and clean. The television only receives about 10 channels but we were too tired to watch TV anyway. The airconditiong worked fine and there were no musty smells or anything. We received a pass for a complimentary continental breakfast but didn't use it. We did not use the pool, which was laughable. I swear these hotels could take photos that would make a bathtub look like a large lake. The pool was tiny but looked clean. Checkout was a breeze.

By the way, we drove ourselves the second day as well (Monday). You have to make a reservation for the shuttle in the morning AND the evening. With our luck, the shuttle would have been full, had not shown up, we would have been late, etc. The ART (Anaheim Resort Shuttles) are much better for the Disney area hotels. They cost $3.50 per person per day I think but they operate every 20 minutes. Disney is already crowded and stressful enough without having to worry about being stranded there.

Good luck and have fun.

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank Ronald S
San Francisco
Reviewed June 27, 2005

It was very slow to check in. Two people were helping one person check in and they did not even bother to acknowledge that we were waiting. We finally had to say something so we can get checked in.
The room was relatively clean. Most rooms on the upper floors had a balcony. Our closet door was falling off the hinge. The worst was that the AC was extremely loud.
Breakfast was bad. We didn't bother after the first day (especially with so many restaurants just down the street on Brookhurst in Little Saigon: Lee's Sandwiches and Boulangerie Pierre). All they had was apples, cheap bread, cheap juice (tampico type OJ), cheap muffins and croissants if you woke up early enough to get some. The only thing good was the boxed cereal.
We didn't bother w/the vietnamese restaurant in the hotel, nor with the small swimming pool and jacuzzi. They had a karaoke lounge which also serves as the breakfast room. They had 2 computers w/internet access but people were always hogging the computers so we didn't use them.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank judogirl
Reviewed January 2, 2005

I stayed at the Ramada Plaza Hotel Anaheim Area this past week during my Disneyland vacation. The staff were helpful and accomodating half the time, however, several of them did not speak very good English and this was occaisionally a problem. Also, the "Spring Garden Restaurant" advertised no longer exists - instead, there is a "Rex Restaurant" where, again, I had problems with the servers who spoke very little English. Be warned - the continental breakfast consists of toast, cheerios, milk, coffee, and tang.

Also, several of the front desk staff where helpful, others were not, and gave incorrect information (such as when our airport shuttle would pick us up, and where the location of pop machines in the hotel were). It was clear that many of the workers in the hotel did not speak very fluent English.

The staff who did speak fluent English were very helpful and accomodating, and it is unfortunate that others whp worked there did not do the same. With this in mind, the hotel was fairly well-kept, and the rooms were quite nice. But I do not recommend the dining!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Candlewood Suites North Orange County
Best Western Palm Garden Inn
Best Western Palm Garden Inn
#2 of 10 in Westminster

Been to Ramada Plaza Garden Grove/Anaheim South? Share your experiences!