“Not worth the price”

Ramada Plaza Garden Grove/Anaheim South
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Do not stay here, especially with your family. The hotel is not close to Disneyland (5+ miles). It is in the middle of Korea town and the staff barely speaks English. Bums were outside in the parking lot. The lobby is ok, but the room we checked into was hot and smelt horrible. I would not let my kids touch anything or sit. When i sat on the edge of the bed the mattress lifed off the frame, and im not a big person. We pulled back the sheets and pillow cases, everything was stained. Room was dusty. The "balcony" was full of pigeon poop. we informed the front desk staff we could not stay and she would not issue us a refund until we fought with her and made her go look at the room. Finally she agreed but gave the run around, we had to wait until later that night until the manager was on duty to get the issue fully resolved. Ramada should be ashamed this hotel is a part of the brand.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Ramada Plaza G, Manager at Ramada Plaza Garden Grove/Anaheim South, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Saying all of these just to get back full refund is very unkind and unfair for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Never have we ever stayed somewhere where the staff was so rude! Upon checking in we found out that not only did we not have a wheelchair friendly room but that there was no shuttle service that could transport anyone in a wheelchair. After arguing with the man at the front desk for at least 20 mins he finally got the manager on the phone as I requested at the beginning. The manager then told us that we could rent a wheelchair from Disneyland and basically the problem would be solved. Not so. If you or your family are in a wheelchair then you can see what a big deal this is. Finally was told that they would pay for our cab or they would try to fit us on the hotel van. To save stress we decided to drive and and pay for parking. The hotel did reimburse for parking fees but on the last night we started to notice things missing from our room. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

We are very disappointed to see this. All of our efforts to accomodate you and your family for 4 nights and to make you and your family enjoy Disneyland were not appreciated at all. We offered a 12 seat van out of our schedule just to take your family and the wheelchair to Disneyland, but one person from your family suggested us to let him drive because there were some little kids in the family, they might need to go back and forth. He asked us if we could pay the parking fees for him for 4 days. We were willing to do that just to make you and your and your family happy. After 4 days staying with us, the same man came to do the check- out process. He told us everyone, especially the wheelchair person, did enjoy Disneyland. So just very surprised and disappointed to see this comment. What other nicer thing could we do???

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A perk of my employer's is membership in Lifecare which gives discounts. I reserved a room here but when I arrived the desk clerk refused the discount price. She said anyone can use a discount number, not just members. She was pleasant while telling me essentially to forget it. Eventually she offered a 10% discount. I left. Found a great room a few miles away at a Super 8 in Westminster.

Room Tip: I'm not going back here.
Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2013

First, I have stayed in many, many hotels all around the world including some of the very best. As a result, I am very conservative when awarding stars. Five stars is truly exceptional in every way.

I chose the Ramada because the hotel I normally stay in was fully booked. I booked through Orbitz and prepaid the entire amount. Check in was quite easy and the staff was very accommodating when I requested a quiet room. I did not mind giving them a credit card for incidentals but did not like it at all when they photocopied a copy of my drivers license. This, by the way, is against California law. If I had more time, I would file a complaint. The issue is identify theft security.

The room was food and furnished adequately. That being said, it is indicative of the hotel when I discovered that all the lamps were glued or otherwise irrevocably fused with the nightstands, desk and dresser. One lamp did not work at all. The room was also furnished with a microwave and small refrigerator. The microwave was functional but very old. There was a new HDTV that was quite nice. The room had an odd smell, something like dust. but it was not objectionable. The bathroom was clean except for the shower head which was looked like something I would try and avoid touching with my bare skin. The furnishings were okay and one could tell it had been remodeled some but there was a stain on the tiles and some rusting and peeling paint on the door jamb.

There was underground parking and an elevator straight to the parking garage. This was very convenient and I was able to avoid the lobby except for check-in and check out. A sign was posted that said it was under video surveillance but I never noticed any video cameras.

Maid service was variable. I stayed there three nights but only got coffee one day. They did leave a half full coffee cup perhaps thinking a cold cup of old coffee could be used the next morning. I used a glass that was also not replaced. Amenities like shampoo and soap were also variable, some were replaced, some were not and there did not seem to be any consistency there.

There was a Vietnamese restaurant in the hotel but I did not use it. There was also a small pool that looked quite clean.

In summary, it is an adequate hotel, relatively clean and quiet with decent amenities. It provided good value as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
Candlewood Suites North Orange County

Been to Ramada Plaza Garden Grove/Anaheim South? Share your experiences!