Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've eaten Vietnamese all over north America and this was one of the good ones. Fragrant broth, bright pickled carrots, tasty meats-it's all here and nothing that isn't needed.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

2nd time here. Very authentic Vietnamese food. Highly recommended. Try the chicken, seafood pho, spring roll and the egg crepe!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

We wanted to eat some Vietnamese food and stop here after a day at Disneyland. The food was delicious, we had the pho, Bun and egg rolls. The owner’s daughter was so welcoming, even tough we got there pretty late. She even explained some of the pronunciation.
The food was exactly what we needed after an exhausting day at Disneyland!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

The website says they closed at 10 p.m. we arrive at the place at 9:20. We ordered by 9:30 and was served by 9 45 and we're trying to finish up as fast as we could cuz the servers we're trying to clean up our table. I am halfway through with my pad thai and had to gobble it all up as soon as I can and had to drink up my warm water as fast as I can. They are trying to hurry us up to leave without really saying a word but their gestures says it all. How can you have a good meal with someone hovering and trying to clean up every empty plate while you're eating your meal? We finally left the place at 10:05 p.m. this is not a place to go 2 if you want to have a nice leisurely dinner with your family.
There's nothing special about the food so I don't know what they're trying to brag about it that they have to shoo us away when we are only halfway done with our food.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

The only reason I went here is because a family member from out of town was visiting and wanted to go here. Historically, I would sooner eat at McDonalds or Taco Bell before going to a Vietnamese restaurant.

That being said I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of the food. I had the chicken with crispy noodles (number 55 on the menu). It was very good. The person I was with had the Pho which he was quite happy with. Additionally we split an order of spring rolls which at first glance I would not have even considered touching. Nonetheless I gave it a shot and it was not bad.

If you are in the Disneyland area and are looking for a good Vietnamese restaurant I would highly recommend Saigon 9. It is located in the shopping center along Harbor Boulevard south of Disneyland and is easily accessible.

Again Vietnamese food is not my first choice of cuisine. Would I eat here again? Probably not. But nonetheless if I had to recommend a Vietnamese restaurant I would definitely recommend Saigon 9

Date of visit: April 2019