“Good value, lots of food”

Carolina's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #9 of 418 Restaurants in Garden Grove
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Carolinas we pride ourselves in offering the freshest ingredients possible we do this by ordering our vegetables, meat and seafood fresh receiving deliveries on 5 times a week bases. Our veteran chefs inspect our ingredients daily to insure only the best quality ingredients are used in the meals we serve our guest. So we invite you to come and taste the freshness!
Millcreek
“Good value, lots of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

There was a coupon for this restaurant in our hotel so we decided to try it for lunch. The food was tasty and there is plenty of it - salads or soup, garlic cheese bread and ice cream come with the entrees. The waitress was attentive and kept water and soda glasses filled and the food coming at a good pace. I ordered the half portion of the pasta and still took half of that home. My daughter had ordered the pesto pasta and while tasty, the amount of sauce was overwhelming. Our son enjoyed his pizza and there was plenty to take home. Overall, a pleasant experience with tasty food.

• Visited March 2013

Kelowna, Canada
“Good Italian with lots for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We got lucky with parking, someone had just left, right in front. Two people were ahead of us, and it was quite busy nonetheless were were seated in < 10 minutes. It's a busy place,( a bit noisy) as it's not large, but nicely decorated. The food selection was reasonable, the presentation OK, and everyone was happy with the taste of their order. The price was more than reasonable, in fact inexpensive!
Would go again.

Cheers,

Britishcanadian

• Visited March 2013
“Money hungry to the extreme”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had ordered delivery several times in the past, my son and I always share the Alfredo. On his birthday we decide to go in. My fiance, 2 teens, a toddler and a 10 yr old bday boy. We got there at 6 and were told we had to be done by 730 for their other reservation, I said oh no problem. We order. We order 4 meals. My youngest eats like a bird, and one of my teens is on a salad kick for prom. That's a ton of food. I.was told we had to order more food. In a world where obesity is an issue and their portions are large that was plenty and would've been about 60-70 bucks. The waiter just stood there as I told him that is not right. This establishment only sees money. Not reality of meal sizes, kids portions..etc. my bday boy said I never want their food again.

Burlington, NJ
“Great local Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I travel to Anaheim every year for a long convention. And this year I stumbled across a menu for Carolina's in the little magazine they leave in your hotel room. Figured it was close, so me and my coworkers gave it a try. Awesome home made Italian food. Nice little place. Went there twice. Loved it.

Visited January 2013
Salt Lake City
“Very good neighborhood Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This restaurant was just a couple of blocks from our hotel and we were glad we came across it.

I had the Ravioli Sampler which was beef, cheese and spinach ravioli in a marina sauce. It also came with salad and spumoni ice cream for dessert.

My wife and her mother spilt the Carolina's Trio which was cheese ravioli, beef lasagna, and fettuccini alfredo all on one platter. It too, came with salad and dessert.

Both had more than ample portions and were reasonably priced at $16.99.

My meal was very good, but I was a little disappointed because it was just warm and not hot. The marinara sauce, however, was very tasty as were the different types of raviloli.

My wife's meal was very good also. The fettuccini alfredo had good flavor and the pasta was cooked al dente - just the way I like it.

The service was good and the waiter was prompt, attentive, and pleasant. All in all, this was a very nice place to have dinner.

Good food, good service, and reasonably priced. We will definitely go back when we visit Anaheim again.

Visited February 2013