“Horrible hotel, horrible service”

Motel 6 Garden Grove
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Garden Grove, CA Econo-Lodge
June30, 2008 to July 5, 2008
Horrible hotel horrible service!!!! No one was ever at the front desk, had to push button for service and wait for a long time for someone to come. The family running the show there was very unprofessional especially the woman!! She was very rude when we requested something for ex: clock for the room she gave me a broken one!! The continental breakfast consisted of sour milk, water down OJ, toast and danish.. The mattress were very dirty!!!! No blow dryer in the room! Housekeeping didn't always show up for some reason and when i finally did complaint at the front desk, I was told by the woman that that place was not Best Western!!! Also, the family in charge of that place took over the pool having parties all their family was there, it was hard for our kids to swim there. They had beer bottles all over the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never stay there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Ducky0516

Reviewed January 20, 2008

This hotel was alittle shabby, but if you plan on spending all your time doing the tourist things in Anaheim, LA, Long Beach, etc and use this just to sleep in and shower, you cant beat the price. Usually under $70 a night, wow is all i can say, everything i needed was there, the service was great, and even a free continental breakfast.
Stay here highly recommended for the person just wanting a bed.
Thanks we had a great 3 day weekend at NAMM 2008

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank mellyfrey
Reviewed September 3, 2007

If you are not looking for something really luxuries and this is the place to stay. Avg rates,clean and QUITE room. Me and my wife enjoyed a great day by the pool...on a very hot day. Great location....only couple of miles from Disneyland. Can't beat it!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jig777
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Do not stay here. I'm warning you. The staff there has no clue as to what cstomer service means. Having had the education of Hospitality, I can trully say that they did not have one clue as to what "accomodating" means. The staff at the front desk was rude. They judge us and "cancelled" our reservations because we were not properly dressed. They immidiately assumed that just because my friends wore high trend hip hop clothes that we were going to cause trouble. They were very rude and irritating. I would never suggest this Econo Lodge to anyone. Stay away.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank MiracleAmor
Reviewed July 18, 2007

I stayed at the Econo Lodge for one night. I arrived late...almost 11 at night and was given a room farthest from the office. Being a girl travelling alone I had hoped to stay a little closer to the office, but no. I asked for a possible late c/o and since I c/in so late I thought that they may grant me an hour's grace as I had an appt. to go to @ 2:30, with no where else to go and luggage in tow. They told me that they would charge $10 per hour and that I had to pay up front. I didn't really have much choice so I did. I didn't feel at all safe in the facility. I slept with my cell phone in hand fearing that someone was going to break in at any moment. The "white" towels were stained with what looked like blood, there were burn holes in the carpets, and on the underside of the bed spread. There were bugs in the bathroom and the toilet didnt work properly. I had originally booked in at a Motel 6, but opted to pay a little more $ thinking that I might be better off....BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I would never stay here again, nor would I EVER recommend this dump to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank VancouverNicole
Reviewed July 15, 2007

As I was leaving this hotel the owner's wife approached me, I thought to say a friendly goodbye, but no, she began screaming
that I parked too close to her tree and she said that if I damaged her tree she would sue me. She was screaming very loud. I had just parked in the normal parking spot, not touching the tree.

As for the room, very sparse, and the wireless internet did not work.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank bensonarizona
Reviewed December 26, 2006

We stayed 2 nights in here December 24 to 26. If you plan to book this hotel please keep away this or you will regret for you trip.
1. Dirty