“Sonora-Style Cooking, At an Affordable Price”

Los Sanchez Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 435 Restaurants in Garden Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Some cops I know introduced me to Los Sanchez a little over thirty years ago, and I've been going back since then. I used to live close by, but now it's about a 20 mile trip. Bummer for me. (Note to self: cops seem to always know where to dine.)

I have never ever been there when there wasn't a line. My last visit was no exception. Things move pretty quickly though. Los Sanchez is Counter Service, with an ample supply of tables indoor and on an enclosed patio. Prices are quite reasonable, considering the quantity and quality of the food. Over the years, I've tried several things on the menu, but always seem to return to the "number 6 wet burrito" (carne asada) with cheese and without beans. If I'm feeling really hungry, it's "The Works" burrito.

Besides dining in, there's take-out and catering available. I'm pretty sure they're family-owned too. I've been seeing some of the same faces for as long as I can remember. You can take the kids, a date, or hang out with your buddies. Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed. They're about two miles south of the Disneyland Resort, so if you're in the area, stop by.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great food, lots of choices and easy parking. Myself and my co-workers go here frequently. I am not overly adventurous, so I stick with the basics. Their burritos and tacos are delicious! But my co-workers dive into the lingua and the menudo. While it may not be my preference, I will say that everything is presented well, comes up pretty quickly (great for tight lunch schedules) and the prices are REALLY reasonable. I will gladly reccomend it.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Was driving past looking for some dinner and the cars and people outside this place said it all, we had to go in... and we were not disappointed.

We had the al patsor super burrito and the shrimp el diablo (sp?), bother were superb.

We asked for the food to be spicy and it was, but even better the owner(?) also added a small tub of hot green chili sauce as well, nice work. In fact the owner also does the calls for the food, and is pretty amusing.

Eat here instead of Macdonalds, or the Cheesecake factory or PF Chans in Anaheim, you will get real fresh Mexican food instead of chain food.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My sister introduced me to Los Sanchez about 12 years ago in its old location. It was run down, but delicious. I usually get a wet bean burrito, but have tried nachos, a quesadilla, and most recently a chicken chimichanga which was so good. Don't miss this place. Take your picture with Mr. Sanchez. You won't regret it.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We live in the area and this is our go to place for mexican food. The quality of the food is excellent, the servings are generous and the price is about as good as it gets. The menu selection is overwhelming with all the standard mexican fare plus lots of other good stuff you can't find everywhere. I always get the Bagre which is a huge flash fried catfish. It comes with beans, rice, salad and corn or flour tortillas.

You order at the counter and pick up when it's ready. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and tips are optional.