Where to start. . . this hotel was amazing in every way! We stayed for 4 nights during our visit to Disney Land at the most magical time of year! The entire city was decorated with lights making everything so joyful! The parking lot was large and easy to use. There are temporary and smaller spaces near the hotel entrance, and further back into the single entrance lot were larger spaces for pick-up trucks. The registration processes was very quick and the front desk staff were very kind and helpful! There were bell carts available to take our mega ton of luggage up to the room which was awesome (by the way, we left with twice as much as we brought!). Downstairs across from the elevators the hotel offers a guest laundry, an arcade, and a business center with an ATM. There is a fitness center which is small, but has everything you need to get a complete workout. Outside is a nice pool area with a large pool, a kiddie pool, and a hot tub (which sadly in the cold air was not very hot!). There is also a BBQ area and a tennis court which we did not get to use. Now, to the hotel room! Our group included me, my husband, our two kids (5 and 1 1/2), and my mother, so we booked the kids suite. We were in Rm. 301 which is on the 3rd floor and all the way to the end of the hall with a view overlooking the pool. Upon opening the door we were greeted with the smell of a fresh clean room. I am VERY particular about cleanliness in a hotel (especially after all the talk on TV about bed bugs! Yuck!), and I could not find a single thing to complain about! The door opens into the kitchen area and then on into the living room area which had a TV, club chair and pull-out couch (Which we didn't use). We were surprised to find a fully stocked kitchen (sans food) with a fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The cupboards were even stocked with dishes so we didn't have to worry about paper and plastic dishes. The desk area was convenient and the internet was easy to hook up to, but rather slow. Off to the left of the main room is the pocket door into the kids room which had a bunk bed, a small table and stools, and a TV. Inside the room was the door and entrance into the kids bathroom. On the left side of the main room was the master bedroom which had a super comfy king sized bed and a large TV, a separate sink/closet area, and then another separate area (with a door) for the toilet and tub. I had trouble finding an accurate description of this hotel before we went, and I was not even positive that the two bedrooms were completely separate. They thankfully were, and each closed off with a door for privacy. The hotel offers a similar room with two single beds instead of the bunk bed, but our kids had tons of fun climbing the ladder! Anther plus to this hotel was the complimentary food! The breakfast buffet was awesome every morning and in the evenings from 5-7 they offered dinner as well! Breakfast included waffles, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, sausage, eggs, hash-browns, scrambled eggs with veggies, juice, soda, coffee, milk, cottage cheese, and fruit if I remembered everything! We only had a chance to eat the dinner once, and it was a baked potato with as many toppings as you can imagine like bacon, cheese, broccoli, olives, chives, sour cream etc. I believe that Disney is within walking distance, but this time of year and as early as we went each morning, we chose to drive (only a few minutes each way). We had bus passes, but my hubby prefers to have more control over his schedule, so that was a waste of money on my part! Oops! Overall, this hotel was exactly what we needed to relax after a long day at Disney. I would absolutely recommend it to my friends, and I can't wait until we can return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove Orange County, CA