I stayed at the Residence Inn in Garden Grove while doing a trip to Disneyland and California Adventure. We arrived around 1030 on a Tuesday morning and were immediately greeted at the desk and promptly given our room. I was impressed with the speed of check-in and that they had a room available that early in the morning. The staff was very nice.
Our room was a one bedroom, one bath, kitchen area, with living area to include sofa sleeper. The bedroom contained two queen size beds. I was traveling with two other adults and a five year old. The room was clean and very nice. The comfort of the two beds was exceptional. The bathroom was also very nice and the kitchen was also exceptionally clean.
We took part in the nightly free food and drinks twice. What a nice surprise and touch by the hotel. One night they did BBQ with hot dogs and huge hamburgers. They had salad as well. It was great and was free!! Very, very nice touch. We also used the pool and hot tub. Although the pool was a bit cool, it was nice and clean and lots of fun. The whole area around the pool is very nice.
As for comments about others about the location, if you are going to Disneyland realize and go with the understanding that you are going to stand in lines. That is just the reality of the magical experience. One of those lines is the ART shuttle. The first day we used the ART shuttle it was a bit confusing trying to figure out when it was going to come, but once we got on and talked to the driver it was a breeze for the rest of our trip. The hotel location is great and the ART is great too.
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about our stay here. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone. The staff was very nice and if you are looking for a "family-friendly" hotel with lots of kids with a good location to Disneyland, you will not go wrong here.
One last point, we did the free breakfast twice each morning and never ever had a problem with too many people or no where to sit. It was very nice and a good selection of food.
This is a great hotel and I would return in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove Orange County, CA