“Awesome hotel for families!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove

Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
utah
“Awesome hotel for families!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2007

We just returned from spending a week at the Residence Inn- Garden grove, ca. Our experience was nothing but wonderful. We booked the two bedroom, two bathroom family suite. It had one bedroom with a queen bed and bathroom and also a kids bedroom with bunkbeds and a seperate bathroom. It had a full kithchen complete with dishes ect, and a family room. The room was spotless and new. It looked exactly like the photos on their website. It was also quiet, never heard our neighbors in the next rooms. The staff were always polite and very helpful. Check in was easy .They serve a hot breakfast buffet each day. The food was excellent- we're talking everything from cold cereal, bagels and fruit to eggs, sausage, and make your own waffels. They also offer a light dinner a few of the nights. This is like mac and cheese. It's enough for the kids. The hotel has on site coin laundry open 24 hours and internet service. One thing I was impressed with is that they do your grocery shopping for you - We came back to our room after along day at Disneyland to find our groceries waiting for us. It was great. This is a great place to stay, it was very roomy for our family of five. Well worth the money , we will be staying there again. In fact , we will not stay anywhere else. We would highly recommend this hotel hands down!

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank rodneylisaeric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2007

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Residence. Very good hotel for the price. I had a 1 bedroom suite, which was plenty of room for my son and myself. On the 2nd night my niece stayed in my room on the sofa bed and I agree with the other posters that say it is very cramped when the sofabed is out. You have to climb over the bed because there is no room between it and the TV. Other than that, the room was very nice. Bedding and carpets were clean. There were a few stray hairs in the shower and bathroom sink. I did not utilize the kitchen, other than using the microwave, but it was well stocked with all the supplies you would need and they were clean and in good condition. No issues with housekeeping, room was clean when I returned in the evening on both days.

The free breakfast had plenty of choices-cereal, fruit, muffins, eggs, sausage, potatoes etc. I liked the make-your-own-waffle stations. I would suggest getting up early and going right when it opens. I did that on both days and was glad I did. I left for Disneyland both days around 8:30-9 and as I walked by the dining area it was packed. I noticed several people waiting for the staff to bring out more food and there were no more seats available.

I did not notice any real slow down with the elevators. Although I was not there mid day so I cannot say how it was then. We left fairly early and came back fairly late. The hotel provides free internet however mine was not working. I brought the laptop just to check email and it did not work. However since it was not anything real important I did not make a stink about it. On Fridays and Saturdays the hotel shows a movie for the kids. I did not use the pool so cannot comment on that.

The parking lot is a little on the small side. I was able to get a good spot close to the entrance and left my car there the entire time. If the parking lot gets full you'll have to park at the Hyatt next door. We utilized the ART shuttle while there. Tickets are $3 a day. They are supposed to run every 20 mins so they say, but they always seemed to running late. The shuttle stop is right outside the Residence on the side of the building. Very convenient for those that don't want to drive their car or take a taxi.

There are some dining choices around the hotel. Outback and Red Robin. There are also some fast food places. We ate at Red Robin one night and the service there was great, very fast. There is also a Target which can come in handy if you forgot anything at home.

Overall this is a great hotel and we plan on returning to the Residence next year.

• Liked — Great room
  • Disliked — Non working internet
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank mamason
Marin, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2007

Arriving around 8, check in was easy. It's located across the street from Outback Steakhouse and Red Robin which were both realitively good so we ate there for two nights. The elevator is a nightmare. There are 2, but during our stay, only 1 was operating. Unless we wanted to wait for 30 min, we needed to take the stairs. I do not have a problem with walking, but in order to reach your room using stairs, you had to walk outside the hotel and use your room key to get back in another door. Not convient at all. We had a room with a queen, pullout sofa, and bunkbeds. When the sofa was pulled out, there was absolutely no room between it and the TV, forcing us to jump on the bed to get by to the other room. On the bunkbed sheets as well as wall, there was pink throwup stains. The bathrooms were clean enough, except for the occasional hair on the wall. But the beds and floor seemed dirty. I am sure that the sheets were cleaned before our stay, but it still seemed dirty. There was also an odor throughout the whole hotel. The continental breakfast on the 1st floor was very convient since we were heading off to Disneyland. Mostly everything tasted like raw dough, but there still was a very large selection, including some tasty make your own waffles by using the waffle machine and actually cooking it yourself. One day, upon arriving home from a long day at the Happiest Place on Earth at 10:30, we found our room still left a mess and housekeeping didn't come. We called the front desk and they delivered towels. We weren't expecting people to come up and clean the room, but atleast a discount or something. I believe there was a shuttle, but we went nextdoor to the Hyatt to catch a cab to take us to Disneyland. We will not be staying here again if we can help it.

5 Thank carrot491
Fremont, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2007

We decided to book from thursday to sunday last week. It wasn't jam-packed, but it wasn't completely empty either. Disneyland was the most crowded on saturday night. And standing in line for rides were anywhere from 10-20 minutes on that day.
The morning buffet is supposed to end at 9, but it's not like they'll kick you out- just as long as you arrive before then.
The front desk employees were polite. I forgot my razor and they told me I can come pick one up. They don't deliver, but it's okay, I understand this is not The Wynn. lol.
We stayed in the two queen, seperate living area with full kitchen suite. Very comfortable. Adequate space for myself, my 5 year old, and her daddy. Two tv's, fully furnished kitchen so we cooked pasta and pizza. A clean bathroom, however my only complaint is that there was a strand of hair on the wall, housekeeping only gave us shampoo but no conditioner not a biggie if you bring your own stuff, dirty sofa but not a big deal if you're using the pull out and will be covering it with sheets anyway, the soundproof walls work, we were near the elevator on the 8th floor and I heard stomping when I was sitting at the desk, but not enough to wake you up. Besides that, it's a very quiet hotel.
On our second day, we decided to take a swim at 3pm so housekeeping can do their thing. We came back at 4:30, but nothing was done. We call front desk just to see what happened. They seemed surprised and housekeeping came in less than five min.
They brought up a plate of cookies and an apology card.
By the way, after taking a swim, I showered twice because I still smelled chlorine in my hair, to no avail. Still reeked chlorine.
And my daughter was itchy after swimming. Don't know what's up with that.
I would stay here again because of more space for my money, the distance to Disneyland / convenience of the ART bus although we did take a taxi twice when we were very tired and didn't want to wait a half and hour in the cold and rain for a bus that was usually ten minutes late or ten minutes early, the minute drive to all conveniences like Target and yummy restaurants like Joe's Crab Shack.
It's all I could ever ask for for our family vacation. Can't get a better room with so much space within this price range. I will be back.

Stayed February 2007
4 Thank chicmum
Idaho Falls, ID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2007

The Residence Inn Marriott in Garden Grove is one of the best hotels that we've stayed in., and we've stayed in a lot! We transferred to this hotel from another one that was closer to Disneyland becuase the other hotel was so noisy. This hotel was quiet and roomy, and still relatively (1 mile) close to Disneyland. We had our three girls, two teenagers, and one almost a teenager with us and never felt crowded. Their breakfast was amazing! I've never seen a hotel with more breakfast choices. They also had a nightly light dinner. We loved this! Our kids loved the free pop. The staff were helpful and friendly. With so many hotel choices in the Anaheim area, I would stay at this one every time. I give it the highest recommendation possible!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Hot tub wasn't hot enough.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank dlwahlquist
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2007

Great location for Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Center. I booked three rooms for a business meeting. I was well aware that this was a family hotel, but I liked the location and wanted the larger rooms. The free breakfast was limited but tasty. The rooms were spotless and the free in room internet connection was easy to get going. Even though there were kids running everywhere the soundproofing did it’s job. Parking is also free. The only minor foul-up was when I received someone else’s message to come down to the front desk to provide another form of payment. One phone call resolved the issue completely. If you don’t need a bell person, room service or an overpriced restaurant, the Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Resort is a very good option!

• Liked — Large very clean rooms.
  • Disliked — Few business amenities.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank FamAdventure
williamsburg, virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2007

Stayed here from December 22 through 30th. My entire family celebrated the holidays booking 3 suites for both sets of grandparents, siblings, couples and grandchildren. The full-size kitchens are great for such a family celebration and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There is also an excellent supermarket with 1/2 mile(Von's) to purchase groceries.

Be prepared, though, the breakfast-although excellent given it is complimentary-is mobbed and noisy. They do an excellent job keeping up with cleaning tables and replenishing the food tables. I found it surprisingly quiet in the evening in spite of the number of folks and lots of children staying at the hotel.

I would recommend this for families only. Couples on their own may not enjoy it. There is a lovely Hyatt right next door that may be more suitable.

• Liked — Location and family oriented atmosphere
  • Disliked — slow elevator service, halways, elevators not cleaned in one week of stay
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,111 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!