We just returned from the Residence Inn Anaheim after staying 3 nights in early June 2010. This hotel compares less favorably to our other excellent stay at the Residence Inn in Alexandria, VA. The pluses are many with a few minuses. We reserved a 2 bedroom suite with a king in one bedroom and two queens in the other bedroom, plus sofa bed. The room has a great layout with living room, very nice kitchen, table for 4, sofa (room holds 8 with 2 on sofa bed!) and coffee table. Separate bedrooms and bathrooms are very nice. Three non-flat screen TV's are included. Our major complaint was that only 2 rooms of this type were available due to renovations that weren't mentioned on the hotel web site. We had the choice of two locations, both on lower floors on a busy street (Harbor Blvd) next to a bus stop. We could hear traffic and bus alarm. Staff told us other room locations were not available due to room renovations even though we made reservations several months ago and requested a "higher floor". A maintenance worker confirmed the renovation work and said that this work is usually done in the winter but was delayed this year due to a budget delay.
That said, the room was very clean, nice and comfortable after getting used to the street sounds. It was a big money saver for 5 people. Free parking and free breakfast included. The nightly (Mon - Thur) manager's reception was not close to the manager's reception in Alexandria, VA. We only ate at the hotel one night and enjoyed dull pasta and rock hard garlic bread with ok salad. The breakfast was mostly good with a huge hot and cold selection with ample seating including a kids area with Disney movie etc. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive to Disneyland (left on Harbor, left on Ball Rd, then left into Disney parking area). The pool is large with max depth of 5.5 ft. Separate small toddler pool and a separate hot tub that was quite nice. This is definitely a family hotel with many kids from zero to 100 years old. Keep you eyes open and be careful with the hot drinks. This hotel is a good deal and the pluses outweigh the minuses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove Orange County, CA