“Simply awesome”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Los Angeles, California
“Simply awesome”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Simply awesome. We had phenomenal experience at the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort, the 2-bedroom suite was the perfect size, not huge, not tiny, the right size and design, perfect for my family. But nothing I can say about the building and the accommodations can compare to how the staff treated during our stay, they were AWESOME! Just awesome, Highly highly highly recommended! We have season passes to the park, and will only use this hotel from now on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank William Q
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I definitely agree with you we are great for families. Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is the best value in Anaheim. Our staff works hard everyday to provide a clean and enjoyable hotel thank you for noticing our efforts. I hope to have you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I last reviewed the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove in October, 2013. I booked another stay commencing on January 19, 2014 for one week. It was excellent. I arrived about 1.5 hours early on the Sunday of the long weekend and was very pleased to be able to check into my room immediately. The staff recognized me at the front desk and welcomed me back by first name. The room was clean and the view excellent. I had a particularly busy schedule prior to visiting Garden Grove so my master plan was to just relax in my room for the first full day and I used the "door hangar" to tell the staff that "no service was required" for my first day. Well, after about 4 hours of relaxing and looking out of my living room window at the view of the mountains, sunshine, and The Crystal Cathedral I just had to go out and do some exploring. The staff had left a card under my door that indicated to call them if anything was needed so I called when I was leaving and asked that they simply lightly-freshen up the room for me while I was gone. Upon my return, the room had been completely cleaned and was spotless. This was excellent service especially when I realized that it was late in the afternoon when I had left. When I returned to the hotel lobby I was greeted by James, Frank, Walter, and the other staff by my first name. Each member of the staff made it a point to offer to assist me so that my stay would be an enjoyable one. This personal communication and service is excellent. As mentioned in my past reviews the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove is a great place to stay. I always joke with James Herrara and thank him and the staff for "arranging for the California sunshine and weather". He says: "No problem", and just to "let them know what kind of weather I want". It is so nice to be able to communicate with the staff on that level. My room was recently refurbished and essentially "new", clean, and with a great view of the mountains to the West I was very pleased with it. The staff treat me like a friend and I always feel like a truly welcomed guest. I highly recommend the resort to any person or family as it is excellent in all respects overall. I am already planning my next visit for October of 2014. A special thanks to all of the staff at the resort and especially the breakfast bar staff who always provided me with fresh fruit even if I came down to the buffet late. Another great stay - Thanks to all the staff and see you all soon. KH

Room Tip: Pick a room high up with either a view of the mountains to the east or overlooking the pool. Both a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Keith H
Keith thank you for taking the time to write this review. I absolutely agree with you we do have a great staff and we are fortunate to have each and every one of them. I’m glad that we were able to check you into your room early get you a head start on your vacation. Can’t wait to have you back!
Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We recently spent a weekend in the 2 bedroom suite with our 2 year old daughter and her grandparents. The rooms are large and clean, you don't feel as though you are squeezed into a hotel room. The kitchen area is functional and stocked with dishes. The one thing that was missing was a kettle, but there was a coffee maker for coffee drinkers. We stayed on the top floor (8th) and the road noise at night was incredible. I found it difficult to get a good nights sleep with the constant roar of traffic. I would have expected a hotel to have soundproof windows or at least sound reducing. There was no noticeable noise from other rooms/ hallways within the hotel. The breakfast selection is limited, and when we were there it was chaos. I think the staff have difficulties keeping up with cleaning due to the large number of kids that visit. Tables were sticky and messy, lots of food on the floor. We didn't' go back there the 2nd day, instead we went next door to the Starbucks in the lobby of the Hyatt, a short walk away. We ordered room service our first night there and the food was not edible. It was from a local restaurant as the hotel has no kitchen of its own. The food was so salty and greasy, it was disgusting. It was very expensive also, which would make me expect something of quality. Parking was ample and free. Wifi was fast and free. On site pool, fitness centre and laundry facilities available. You can buy Disney tickets at the front desk and skip the line ups at Disney. A shuttle to the park stops outside the hotel every 30 min. There are a few restaurants and stores within walking distance ( Outback Steakhouse, red robin burgers, Target). The last day there we lost water in our room which was very inconvenient as we were cleaning up prior to hitting the road. The hotel staff informed us that this was a city wide problem and not a hotel problem, but it did not make for a good lasting impression. Overall I would say this hotel is just ok. If I was returning to Disneyland I would likely consider the Hyatt next door or one of the many hotels within walking distance of the Disney entrance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank edmb
Bill_AGMResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you so much for being our guest and taking the time to write a review about your experiences. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. While I can fully understand your disappointment, I would like to assure you that your experiences were not typical. I am truly sorry for the impression you had of our hotel.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guestswith an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Truro, NS
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our four children (15, 13, 9, 7) during the week between Christmas and New Year's and were so pleased with our choice. It is a perfect choice for a family stay. The hotel staff are pleasant and accommodating, the rooms were spotless, and the breakfast buffet tasty and plentiful! Our youngest child has food allergies, so we appreciated the full kitchen and made good use of it while we were there. The pool, basketball court, and games room were a hit with the children and there were always plenty of towels on hand. Located about three km from Disneyland, it was a straight, easy walk to the parks. The shuttle for us would have cost $32/day, so we walked. We had a fast pass for the 10:00 World of Color show one night, so we took the public transportation bus which was only $12.

On the advice of the staff, we spent sunset on New Year's Eve at nearby Huntington Beach with our feet in the Pacific Ocean. When we got back to the hotel we spent the evening around the pool and in the hot tub and the front desk staff gave us party hats, noisemakers, and a bottle of sparkling cider.

We would definitely recommend this property and would return if we get back to the Pacific Coast another time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BelgraviaBB
Bill_AGMResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for having been our guest. I am very happy to hear that you and your family had such a great time with us and that our staff gave you such great suggestions. There are not very many places where you can usher in the New Year with your toes in the sand, but sunny Southern California is definitely one of them!

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you and your family again on your next trip to the Anaheim area.
langhorne, pa
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at the hotel while in Anaheim for a hockey game, not Disney. After flying cross country and driving down from LAX it was a nice touch to have full coffee service available all day. The check in was easy any and fast and the front desk staff was great. The two br suite was very clean and spacious and gave us room to spread out and relax. There were only 3 of us but definitely would work for more people for a longer stay. The manager's reception dinner and full breakfast are great touches adding value to the stay. The only downside of both, and this is NOT the hotel's fault, is too many unsupervised small children at the food and drink stations and carrying and spilling all over the place and being underfoot. Overall it was a great experience and great value and we would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you and your party had such a great time with us. As you pointed out, Anaheim has more to offer than simply the park with NHL and MLB games so close to the hotel. Hopefullly, on your next trip to the area you will be able to take in a baseball game as well! Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Page
Reviewed January 24, 2014

After an amazing stay a couple years ago, it was a no-brainer on which hotel we'd choose for our Disney vacation this year. Once again, we were pleased beyond measure! The friendly staff, clean large rooms, evening reception and amazing breakfasts, great pool, close proximity to Disney... there's nothing this hotel doesn't do right! Thanks again and we can't wait to be back!

On a side note, we did have a bit of trouble with the ART shuttle... the drivers kept missing our stop, even after we spoke directly to them and pulled the cord. Finally got the hang of it the last couple days and just stood up and hollered until they stopped! Lol!

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room on the north side to see the fireworks from Disney!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank thelofings
Bill_AGMResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
I am thrilled that we were able to have you and your family at our hotel again! Thank you so much for being our guest. I am glad you found our staff, rooms, evening social hour, breakfast and pool as exceptional now as it was during your first stay.

We thank you for being our guests and look forward to seeing you and your family at the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort again in the future!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My family and I have visited Disneyland about once a year for the last 7 years. I had always stayed at another Marriott but was using points so I tried this one. Best decision ever! Close to the park, clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast and dinner and the best staff anywhere.

Very clean food area with multiple attendants always on hand for any special needs. One night we walked in from the pool and my 5 year old was shivering and they went and brought him some hot chocolate. The variety and quality of the food was very good. My kids loved the huge breakfast choices, something for everyone.

The pool area was nice, plenty of chairs and tables. It has a shallow wading pool for my 3 year old and a full size pool for the older kids. There is a sauna as well but I didn't really use it. For once in my life, plenty of towels all over the pool area! Made it so much more enjoyable. Immediately adjacent to the pool area is a gas fire with chairs to sit around.

Rooms were clean, the kitchens were fully stocked with all the dishes, pots, pans, etc. The beds were very comfortable, even the pull out sofa bed. I slept on it all 5 nights and didn't have the slightest problem ever.

Google maps will show you this hotel is 1.5 miles from Disneyland Maingate but I can tell you, it's an easy walk. Straight down the road and on the same side of the street as the hotel. Took us about 15 minutes each way walking with two kids and a stroller.

During one of the dinners I saw the Assistant GM, Bill Evans walking around and he stopped to ask me how everything was and I told him that I had traveled for work for about 3 years and had stayed all over the country in hotels and I was blown away by his staff and hotel. He took the time to tell me about their other room types and bed options for my next trip. All of the staff; frontdesk, housecleaning, food prep, everyone was just awesome to us. My kids are still talking about the nice lady that gave them balloons at night.

This is my new Disneyland hotel and I recommend everyone stay at this hotel if you want a great family experience.

Room Tip: Get a fireworks view room, you can see the fireworks even if you don't happen to be at the park...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Curtis F
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I am very lucky to have a staff full of great people like Bill working at this hotel. Our staff genuinely cares about our guest's experience and we will always go out of our way to ensure that every guest has a great memorable stay. Both our daily breakfast buffet and the evening manager’s reception are an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#4 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!