The thermostat kept reverting to 67F and refused to heat the room above 73 (which didn't feel like 73)
The bedding is sparse, no quilt, just a thick blanket which isn't up to the task on a cold night (or where the thermostat refuses to heat the room)
I was initially placed into a room on the main road, which is noisy well into the night and early next morning. I raised the issue with the front desk and they were able to quickly move me to a 2 room suite overlooking the parking (and nightly fireworks show!)
Only one elevator worked when I arrived and I saw that the maintenance man was out twice in the week to fix it. I don't think this is helped when 15+ people try to cram in instead of waiting as happened to me when a group of asian teens were making their way downstairs.
The staff were very helpful - it wasn't possible to get a drink one evening as the shop had closed and the game room (where the vending is) stops opening at night by key card, so they opened up the breakfast area and let me at the fountain machine.
I took one point off for the noise/crowding - the windows seem very poorly insulated
and one off for the cold - the HVAC system is also poorly insulated, cold air blows into the room through the vents when it's off, so if it's cold out as it was while I was there, then the room will be too.
My memory of this stay involved being cold and getting little sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove Orange County, CA