“Our experience”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Dinuba, California
“Our experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I usually stay at Embassy Suites but they didn't have any rooms available so I stayed at Residence Inn. I was impressed with the room and how clean and nice it was. The staff was very polite and helpful. If you plan on cooking meals it's great they come with a fully equipped kitchen. I rate the Embassy Suites breakfast a 10 and Residence Inn a 5. The food has no flavor at all. But if you don't mind the bland food then it's a good place to stay with the family very comfortable. I personally don't think it's walking distance but there is a trolley that runs around every 20 to 30 minutes. If the food was better I would definitely stay there instead of Embassy Suites because Residence Inn has Queen size beds not full size beds. More comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for giving us a try. We are happy that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and clean. We are always looking to improve our breakfast and we will evaluate our current spread and make the necessary changes in efforts to improve. We hope that we can have another opportunity at your business on your next trip to Anaheim.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Vernon, B.C.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

First the good...
- the rooms were recently re-modelled and everything in it was really nice and clean. We had a two bedroom suite. There was more than enough room for the four of us
- the location is very good because it is about 1 mile from Disneyland
- the front staff were very nice

Now the bad
- it cost over $300/night albeit during March Break. It didn't represent great value to me. If the room was around $200 per night (which i think is what it was worth), then perhaps i would have given it a higher rating
- my biggest complaint is that i booked the room over 2 months in advance and i specifically asked for a quiet room. Well, they put us in room 207. There is literally a LOUD air conditioner that runs 24/7 right outside your window. It sounded like a freight train. Avoid this room at all costs! I asked to be moved but it was spring break and they were completely full
- i will say that the beds and linens were very nice and comfortable so this somewhat mitigated the freight train outside our window
- the food in the "free" breakfast buffet was marginal. If i ever stay there again, i am going to show the chef how to make good oatmeal, not the watered down slop he made every morning. Plus the "fresh fruit" was fresh from a can of Del Monte. Come on Marriott - go to the Target across the street, but some fresh fruit, chop it up and put it out for your guests!
- one last comment about the breakfast buffet - it was full of sugared crap that appealed to a large segment of the population (pun intended)
- lastly, the pool was pretty cold and the hot tub should have been named a warm tub.

I personally wouldn't stay there again but i am sure this place will meet the requirements for most. I am getting pickier the more i travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize that you had such an experience and assure you that this is not the typical stay at this hotel. Our rates are based on the demands of the local markets they can range from $99 to $339 depending of the event in the area or time of year that you visit. We are always looking to improve our breakfast and we will take your suggestions to help us get better. We hope that we can have another opportunity at your business on your next trip to Anaheim.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum customer. Most of my Marriott stays are at Residence Inn’s since you feel like you are at home. It’s nice to have a place to spend time at that you can cook a light meal or even bring your dog if you want to. This particular property is one of the better Residence Inn’s that I have stayed at. It’s a great value for families going to Disney. I saw so many out of state SUV’s with folks unpacking coolers and all kinds of stuff to make their week enjoyable. There is a Target across the street for anything that you forgot! I bought food for the nights when there was no dinner reception and still had food left over. I also like the idea of being able to make myself a midnight snack if I want to have it in the room.

The staff at the hotel works together as a team. Customer service is number one! The front desk staff is exceptional with any information that you might want and suggestions on local attractions. What impressed me the most was how visible the General Manager is on the property. I was shocked when Frank, the GM was checking me in. I think he took special care as a business traveler to make sure that I was at the end of the hall and away from any kids that might run up and down the hall. I was always greeted by name by Frank when I came down to the lobby and always asked how my stay was going. When I told him about a light bulb out…it was fixed before I knew it.

The overall property is clean and bright considering the large amount of traffic that is in this place everyday. I would give housekeeping a 4 out of 5 stars and the rest of the staff 5 stars.
I am coming back to Anaheim in July and hope to stay at this property again for my event that will actually take place at the Anaheim Marriott about a mile up the road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert M
It means a great deal to me to receive positive comments from a Marriott Platinum Elite member. My staff and I are committed to making every guest stay a memorable one. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.
BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights and visited Universal Studios. The hotel is basic in its appearance, but it really does offer a lot of ammenities that we felt were excellent. The pool is very nice as was the hot tub. the basketball court was a nice added touch and gave us something to do with the kids. we liked the fact that they have washers and dryers too. rooms had just gone through a major overhaul and although not luxurious, were certainly nicely done and gave us all that we needed. nice to have the 2 bedroom unit, the kids liked the bunkbeds too. we didn't use the kitched, but it looked nice. breakfast in the morning was superb! better than the club level disneyland hotel!!!
GREAT value for your $$

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We thank you for posting this review. We feel that no hotel in the area caters to large families like the Residence Inn by Marriott. Our daily breakfast buffet is an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. Our pool is popular attractions we keep it heated year round and always have plenty of pool towels. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a very relaxing stay at this hotel after a day at Disneyland. Our room was very clean and there's a free breakfast! The double room suite setting we had during our stay was the best!! The kids were so relaxed and had their own bathroom, so we're not cramped. We'll definitely be back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Having two bathrooms in your suite is a plus when you have kids. The additional space enhances your trip by giving you room to relax after a long day. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.
Lehi, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel really made the difference for my family on a recent Disneyland trip. Not only was it clean, the breakfast was great, had a basketball hoop and pools. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. The room was great for us! Would recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark R
Thank you for being our guest. Our staff works hard everyday to provide a clean and enjoyable hotel thank you for noticing our efforts. I hope to have you back soon.
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We recently stayed here for a trip to Disney Land. We got the "bunk bed" suite for our family of 6 (13,11, 8, 5 yr old kids) and it was ideal. We took advantage of the delicious free breakfast every morning. And the breakfast was a full meal, eggs, make-your-own-waffles, sausage and biscuits, etc. this probably saved me $60+ each day!

The hotel has a very nice, clean pool, a little kiddie splash pool and a hot tub, all of which my family enjoyed after a long day at Disney and California Adventure. In addition, there is a nice little half court basketball court to get a little more of a cardio workout.

There is a nice looking fitness center, but we didn't have the chance to try it out.

The hospitality of the staff was second to none. They took the time to chat up our kids and make them smile :-) They were all very friendly and helpful, assisting us with directions and tips to get around the parks most efficiently.

All in all, it was a great stay and I would highly recommend this Residence Inn to any family heading to the Anaheim area!

1 Thank Dan S
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
The people that work at this hotel are an exceptional group and greatly appreciate you noticing their efforts. You are absolutely right about the value and money that can be saved by enjoying our complementary hot breakfast buffet and evening meals. Thanks for recommending us it is an honor to received such a positive review from a seasoned traveler like your self. I hope to have you and your family back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#5 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,705 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!