“Perfect for families” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Portland, Oregon
“Perfect for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second stay at this property and it just couldn't be better for families. (We have a 2 year old) the room we had was a 2 bedroom (one room with 2 twin beds) and the other a king, with a full kitchen. They offer free breakfast every morning and it is a great perk. Hot food, fresh fruit, daily menu changes, and a separate kids eating area decorated with Disney characters that the kids love. At night they offer free dinner with daily menu changes as well. GREAT VALUE when you consider how much money you normally spend on food while visiting Disneyland. It's a quick bus ride to the Park, and the staff is excellent. We stayed a week, and the hotel was going thru complete room renovations, and although we did hear a little bit of hammering and worker noise, it was really minimal, and they stopped by 5pm.
We even arrived at the hotel on our first day really early (10am) and they let us check right in without waiting (however note that my husband has executive level @ Marriott properties, so I'm sure that helped;) but was a major perk since we had to get up @ 4 am that day to catch our flight.
Overall...staff is EXCELLENT, property is super clean, and I can't wait to see the upgrades once the renovations are done, because the rooms are showing their age.

Room Tip: We prefer a room that faces the parking lot, it seems quieter than facing the pool and the "spo...
1 Thank Khairem
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We thank you for posting this review. We feel that no hotel in the area caters to large families like the Residence Inn by Marriott. The additional space enhances your trip by giving you room to relax after a long day. Our daily breakfast buffet is an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We absolutely loved Residence Inn (Resort Area). We visited from Feb 7 till the 13 and I must say it was perfect all around with no complaints here. The location was perfect the property was kid friendly and my boys loved the Disney theme all around them. The room was perfect with lots of space and very clean!!!! (That is a must for me) The complimentary breakfast was a hit with the boys as well especially as the breakfast area included kid size tables and chairs with Disney channel on for them to watch on a big screen. Also each morning staff was handing out balloons which was a perfect unexpected touch that helped make this trip that much more special. The staff was very helpful and friendly, I felt like I was truly at home. Our next trip to Disneyland may not be for another year but I have no doubt where we will be staying! Residence Inn (Resort Area) is our home away from home. (Even my 5 year old son commented that he wanted to go back to his other home - referring to the hotel) Also they were in the process of renovating floor by floor and if I did not know any better I wouldn't even have known as I did not hear a thing and everything appeared as normal. Great job management and staff of the Residence Inn you have truly made our first family vacation to Disneyland one to remember. We definitely will see your establishment again very soon, we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Kid Suite perfect for families.
1 Thank Edwina7
We can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to share such an experience on this website! The comments regarding the great customer service is very kind and we're thankful you had a great stay. Thank you for noticing the efforts of our wonderful cleaning staff we are all committed to making the experience of every guest a memorable one. Can’t wait to have your family come back! Hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

My family and I needed a hotel in the Anaheim area for a long term stay (5 months). I have stayed at a number of hotels in the area--including a similar property across the street. By far this is the best hotel. The room, food, service, and especially the staff are fantastic!

Everyone at the front desk were very friendly and always greeted by name. The entire staff was very courteous and helpful if ever a need came up. I especially appreciate the royal treatment given to us by the manager, Frank Palacios, who remembered our birthdays, gave us cookies and other unexpected gifts (and a very nice touch when we departed), spent time getting to know us, and more...very refreshing to have such wonderful treatment at a hotel!

I really have nothing but the highest recommendation for this Marriott and it's staff. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Darryl

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Darryl it was a pleasure having your family as our guest. It means a great deal to us to receive such a positive review from some one who spent over five months with us. The people that work at this hotel are an exceptional group and greatly appreciate you noticing their efforts. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your suite. Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel, and we hope you will visit us again.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed 5 days while attending a trade show at the Anaheim Convention Center. Other reviews led me to believe this would be an excellent stay.

The good: Check-in was smooth and the front desk was consistently helpful, professional and gracious. The first night I was in a king room. The street noise kept me up most of the night. (not so good.)The front desk kindly switched me to a QQ room away from the street. Breakfast was excellent each morning. The hotel is under renovation, but I heard almost no construction noise and I was there during some of the stated "construction hours". I wondered if I'd hear a lot of kids, but I did not. I suspect the hotel tries to segregate families from business travelers and that was certainly appreciated. A couple of the nights there was an evening reception which consisted of a light dinner -- very nice.

The not so good: Plan on being charged by the minute to use an on-site computer, with a minimum of $5. If you plan to use an 800 number, plan to be charged for using that, too. The second hotel room I received had thick soap scum on both soap dishes in the shower -- yuck! The upholstered furniture was torn (which I could accept given it was due to be replaced shortly), but the crumbs setting on the upholstered chair when I walked in the door didn't cut it for me. Then I noticed the dust clumped in the corners. Those are not the Marriott standards I am used to seeing. To be hit with extra charges at an upscale hotel was annoying.

Room Tip: Be sure your room does not face the street. The Anaheim Resort Transportation system stops just out...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wivoyager
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize that you had such an experience and assure you that this is not the typical stay at this hotel. On behalf of my entire staff, I apologize for the cleaning issues you encountered. As you mentioned in your review we are currently renovating all of our guest rooms this includes, new sofas and chairs. We hope that we can have another opportunity at your business on your next trip to Anaheim.
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in early November 2012; overall we had a good experience. The hotel is a little far from Disneyland, while we did walk it one day, for anyone with little kids or not in good shape I would take the bus or find some other way to get to Disneyland. We used our rental car after the first day as parking is only $15 with in and out privileges. Service was good and they even let us print off our boarding passes and Disney passes from the front desk computer.

Hotel Rooms:
A little dated and need of a refresh (carpet worn, etc.), however for the price and size we could easily overlook this. The room was kept clean so no complaints there. We did have a well sized room that included two bedrooms (one with a double bed and another with bunk beds). The room also included a hide-a-bed, so we for the five of us staying there was plenty of room. The kitchenette area was well stocked and made the preparation of some meals a nice bonus. There is a Target right across the street, so you can easily pick up anything you need. The only real complaint from the rooms is the air conditioning was a little loud.

Breakfast:
Breakfast was good, not a huge selection, but for a free breakfast can’t really complain. Make your own waffles, which the kids love, an egg dish of some sort, breakfast sausages , hash browns and a few other hot dishes. And the usual – bread/toast, yogurt/ fruit/juice/milk/cold cereal. We did not find the breakfast area that busy, but it could have been the time that we were there.

Pool Area:
The pool area is in very good shape (looks like it may have recently been refreshed) and also had a hot tub.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is travelling with kids as it provides good space and has the breakfast included.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
When traveling with a family value is important. The ART shuttle system is a convenient way to get to Disneyland it recently has expanded to other parks and places of interest around town. The hotel has began renovating all guest rooms carpet, stainless steel appliances, counter tops and paint are only a few of our upgrades. I can’t wait to have you back to see our newly renovated hotel!
Valley Glen, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is the hotel that I usually stay in for the annual NAMM Show. I just got back today and I just have to say that this is a descent hotel but there were some things about it that were just plain irritating and you just don't want to have to deal with while you are traveling. 1) THERE WAS NO HOT WATER in the room. My room and its shower had, at best, luke warm water that just felt warm enough not be cold. 2) The pool doesn't open til 8am but all the surrounding pools open at 6am - forget an early morning swim before your mtg. 3) I had to get my plastic room key - rekeyed at least 4 times while I was there. It locked me out and I had to go back downstairs. 4) The hotel store is open during very limited hours.

Room Tip: Just make sure that you don't want a really hot shower if you choose to stay there. If you don...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during you stay with us, and we thank you for letting us know. I’m surprise to hear about the hot water we are equipped to handle twice the amount needed for our size. I will certainly have our engineer inspect out hot water system to ensure its working properly. We are working on expanding our gift shop hours currently its open from 7am-9:30pm with a one hour lunch break in the middle. We hope that we can have another opportunity at your business on your next trip to Anaheim.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here to visit Disney land and it was great. Across the road was Target & bus stop out the fron to disneyland. Pool was great & free breakfast and dinner most nights was ideal with kids. The childrens rooms were colourful, double bunk, small table & chairs & tv & en suite. Our room was just lovely with en suite also. Definitely recommend !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are centrally located with plenty of food options around. Our daily breakfast buffet is an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,111 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!