My family and I stayed here for 3 nights for vacation. I am a Marriott Rewards general member.
Location: The hotel is located south of Disneyland along with a bunch of other hotels up and down Harbor Blvd. It is clearly a tourist area - lots of hotels and restaurants. This is a very good location if you are going to Disneyland. It's not within reasonable walking distance, but there are shuttle buses you can catch (for a fee) every 20 minutes. It was easy to access nearby freeways (I-5 and 22) to go to other areas in LA. Parking was a bit tight, especially during check-in, but there are plenty of spaces in the lot. Notice that you will be charged $10 per night for parking. They did not disclose this at check-in, but fortunately I knew about this beforehand.
Check-In: We arrived around 4pm on Saturday. I was surprised that it wasn't very busy, especially since it is a larger Residence Inn. Check-in was very quick and efficient. The hotel amenities were described in detail and the front desk staff was very friendly. This was the first time in my travels someone actually acknowledged my room requests (high floor, quiet location). She could not get us on the top floor, but she got us on the 5th floor in a quiet area facing the pool.
Property/Room: We booked a 2 bedroom suite - One king bedroom and one bedroom with 2 twin beds (not bunk). The hotel itself is in excellent condition - very clean and nicely appointed. The room was in pretty good condition, but you can see some signs of wear and tear, probably from all the kids that stay there. This is not a typical Residence Inn, as it has rooms meant for kids. One of the bedrooms had 2 twin beds and its own bathroom. Our kids loved having their own room. It was separated from the living room by a sliding door with very light curtains. The living room had a sofa bed and an LCD TV mounted on the wall. The kitchen had standard appliances. We even took advantage of the oven one day and baked a pie. The king bedroom was comfortable. The bed was a bit on the soft side, so my back wasn't too happy. The bathrooms were clean and in decent shape. The one in the kids bedroom had a leaky toilet, which I fixed myself by tightening one of the fittings.
Amenities: The property has a regular pool, kids pool, jacuzzi, small gym, business center, laundry, gift shop (with Disney souvenirs), and arcade game room (although most were out of order). There are BBQ grills if you want to cook your own food. The dining area was pretty big compared to other Residence Inns I've stayed at. I'm guessing it was done on purpose to accommodate all of the families/kids. There is even a section where kids can sit and watch the Disney channel. The breakfast consisted of various hot and cold items, such as eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, cereal, fruit, etc. I noticed one day they even had beef tamales - quite the surprise! During the week they have a light dinner service. We were only there on Monday and they had a baked potato bar. Not bad if you don't feel driving around to find a restaurant. Glancing at the calendar, they also have finger foods and bbq on other nights.
Service: All of the staff was very friendly. One morning while we were eating breakfast, one of the staff brought over balloons for our kids. I don't remember her name, but she always had a smile and was not afraid to greet everyone. Housekeeping did a good job with the room.
Overall it was a very good experience. I don't tend to stay at Marriott properties, but I would consider staying here again in the future based on the room and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove Orange County, CA