“Overall a very pleasant stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We had a very pleasant 3 night stay at this property at the beginning of our holiday.Arriving after a long flight and feeling tired, we were checked in very efficiently by friendly staff.The room was large and comfortable and as a priority club member the welcome basket of fruit and snacks was a nice touch!
There was a good choice at breakfast, although we never saw any of the cinnamon rolls that we had seen at other holiday inn express breakfasts! Perhaps we were just unlucky!
Overall a great hotel and we would return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express on Garden Grove Blvd is a very nice hotel. Very clean, very much up to date. Before booking, I wondered about the distance from Disneyland, but by automobile, Harbor Blvd is less than 2 minutes away and Disneyland itself is less than 10 minutes away. The hotel is located in a safe neighborhood. There is a supermarket and places to eat less than 5 minutes away. The hotel itself is modern. They have a nice swimming pool. It is a heated swimming pool. The staff were very friendly and were always helpful.

They serve a free breakfast 7 days a week from approximately 6:30 am to 9:30 am. Breakfast was very good. Consists of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast/bread or English muffin if you desire. Pastries, muffins, 4 kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal. Fresh fruit such as apples/bananas and oranges. Beverages included Orange Juice/Apple Juice, Decaf and regular coffee, tea, hot chocolate or 2% milk. They also had yogurt of varying flavors. Enough to satisfy anyone's breakfast tastes.

The rooms were nice. The hotel was nice and quiet. You could hear the traffic from the 22 Freeway in the distance when everything is quiet at night, but it was very faint and not a problem of any sort.

My 3 year old daughter dropped an apple as we got on the elevator and it jammed the door of elevator so it could not go up or down. The staff were on the problem immediately and had us out of there in about 5 minutes. Great hotel. Would I stay again ? Yes definitely.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CSULBgraduate
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I stayed there for the Memorial weekend. The staff is very friendly. Breakfast is good. Internet is fast and the signal is strong. Room is clean.
Only thing I complain here is the insulation of the walls. Our room was on the third floor next to the elevator.The walls seem too thin so that you can hear noises from the hallway and the adjacent rooms. I will not describe what happened in the adjacent room, you can figure it out. The noise from the hallway wouldn't be a problem if the tourists from Navolatour.com didn't hang around the elevator to have a conversation with their loud voice at midnight. If they don't put the chairs next to the elevator, I think those tourists won't sit there to talk.
I would come back there but will not pick room next to the elevator.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank the_one0214
Reviewed May 6, 2010

This hotel was very pretty good for the price, but it wasn't as wonderful as some of the reviews would lead you to believe. The hallways are a bit old and dark, there is only one elevator (we stood in line once behind a large group of people). Breakfast was standard- scrambled "eggs", biscuits, some sort of weird gravy, yogurt, and toast/bagels. It was in a small (crowded) room. Rooms could use a small facelift.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My family of 4 stayed here for 5 days for our Disneyland vacation, and let me tell you it was AWESOME! You can't beat the price you pay for the hotel, and the hotel pics don't do this hotel justice! Very nice,comfortable, great staff, awesome location. I am very picky about where we stay and was a little leary of staying here because it wasn't a 4 star hotel but I was very happy with our stay, and plan on going back this summer, and we WILL be staying here again. Close to Disney, and tons of places to eat, and a Target as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank malemens
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Love these guys! Got lost on my way to the convention center.. called up the front desk and they got me back on track! Hows that for service? It was nice being able to come back and lounge in the spa. Also enjoyed the proximity to all the big socal hotspots.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I was in town recently for a training seminar. One of my colleagues recommended staying at this hotel as he had always received such great service here. I took his advice and when I walked into the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised.

It smelled so fresh and the lobby was very nicely decorated. The front desk person was so friendly and greeted me with a smile. After that horrid plane trip, I just wanted to get to my room, but the girl at the front desk made my day by being polite and offering me a cookie that was on the counter.

I then went up to my room. It was clean and when I sat on the bed, the mattress was very soft, not like other hotels I've stayed at. I pulled out my laptop to get some work done and I saw a cable in the wall. I called the desk to ask if the internet was free, and she said yes. That was a load off my mind as other places charge you for that.

My colleague called me a bit later and said let's go grab a bite to eat. We stopped at the desk to ask for any restaurants and the girl gave us a listing of places in the area. One was right by our meeting place, so we went there.

We came back later and just as I was going up to my room, my colleague reminded me of the breakfast that was included for the next morning.

This was excellent. There was something for everyone. It was great that you could either choose to have a lot or a little. Made it a lot easier than having to go out for breakfast while we were there.

I would definitely tell anyone that is in that area for business to give this hotel a try, as they take care of you and appreciate you as a customer.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business