“Id do it again!”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Chicago
“Id do it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

Love these guys! Got lost on my way to the convention center.. called up the front desk and they got me back on track! Hows that for service? It was nice being able to come back and lounge in the spa. Also enjoyed the proximity to all the big socal hotspots.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

I was in town recently for a training seminar. One of my colleagues recommended staying at this hotel as he had always received such great service here. I took his advice and when I walked into the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised.

It smelled so fresh and the lobby was very nicely decorated. The front desk person was so friendly and greeted me with a smile. After that horrid plane trip, I just wanted to get to my room, but the girl at the front desk made my day by being polite and offering me a cookie that was on the counter.

I then went up to my room. It was clean and when I sat on the bed, the mattress was very soft, not like other hotels I've stayed at. I pulled out my laptop to get some work done and I saw a cable in the wall. I called the desk to ask if the internet was free, and she said yes. That was a load off my mind as other places charge you for that.

My colleague called me a bit later and said let's go grab a bite to eat. We stopped at the desk to ask for any restaurants and the girl gave us a listing of places in the area. One was right by our meeting place, so we went there.

We came back later and just as I was going up to my room, my colleague reminded me of the breakfast that was included for the next morning.

This was excellent. There was something for everyone. It was great that you could either choose to have a lot or a little. Made it a lot easier than having to go out for breakfast while we were there.

I would definitely tell anyone that is in that area for business to give this hotel a try, as they take care of you and appreciate you as a customer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BMorganSeattle_WA
garden grove, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

the service was excellent, loved the restuarant was great really good food. pool and spa well maintained, family had a great time.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

Before we even stepped into the hotel the staff was great. Our GPS is an app on my phone & it was going dead 45 minutes away from the hotel. I called the front desk for directions from my husband's phone and they led us right in. They greeted us everytime we were coming & going. Even talked to our 3 kids (8,6,& 2) telling them to have a good time. Our room was nice & clean, but there are 5 of us, so it was cramped. We were only in the room to sleep & get ready for another day at the parks. We chose to pay less on the hotel and spend more at the parks. That being said, we never tried the hot breakfast since we ate all our meals at the park. The ART shuttle was great. Always on time & the front desk always new when the next shuttle was coming. We would def stay here again, just in a bigger room.
Angelica in Az

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank AzMommyOf3
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2009

Before I booked this hotel, I read the reviews from many guests. I also checked out the other hotels within the immediate vicinity around Disneyland and decided this hotel will give us the best bang and experience for the money. Am I glad that I stayed here!

Contrary to some reviews, the front staff was friendly, cordial, and went above and beyond to accommodate all our requests. The room were clean. We did not see any ants and didn't not have any problems with the rooms. The breakfast changed every other day and for the price, it was well worth the money. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again next time we are in the area for a visit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

My wife and I were a little worried about going to this hotel after reading the last review but I would have to say the last reviewer couldn’t have been any more wrong. After we have been traveling for the last week driving across country this hotel happened to be one of the cleanesnt and friendliest.
Everyone from the front desk and the housekeeping staff would say hi, every time we walked by. We ended up having an upgraded room even though we made our prepaid reservation thru Hotwire (which is a really cheap rate). The Hot Breakfast in the morning was nice and had plenty of items to choose from and the free internet to top it off. I would like to thank the staff for everything they did for my wife and I. Next time we come to California we know were we will be staying.

P.S. We loved the bed & bedding

Steve and Susan

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

We stayed in this hotel in two rooms. They had ants in the bathroom when we arrived. They were there the entire stay and because the floor was full and we had children in another room we could not be moved. They got into EVERYTHING, clothes, personal items, towels, everthing! The housekeeping new they were there and did nothing. They constanly turned off the air conditioning everyday so we came home to a hot, stufy room every night, late from Disneyland. It took until 3 in the morning to cool off and then you were cold all night. They opened the curtains every day just adding insult to injury and when we tried to speak to anyone other than the front desk while we were there, they did not speak English and would talk right in front of you in Spanish. When we tried to address all of these issues after the fact, I was accused of discrimination. I am a Native American with a polish last name so I guess it is easy to cry discrimination when you aren't looking someone in the face. My husband's grandparents were refugees from Poland.... we understand real discrimination. They charged us for a hotel room again after we had already paid through a travel agent and then took 5 days to give it back. I have been accussed of lying, the manager Christina, went on to raise her voice and hang up on me without provocation. I was very patient and even kind but it did not provide me any in return. The worst part is that we were taking my parents to the park for the first time and they practically ruined the whole trip. BEWARE! Still no resolution.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kkrogulski
GGRCA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Hotel appreciates your feedback. Our Corporate Custumer Service department provided a positive resolution.
It is important to us that we hear from our client's perspective and utilize each opportunity to improve our performance.
Thank you!