“GREAT STAFF! ABOVE EXPECTATIONS”

Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Slidell, Louisiana
“GREAT STAFF! ABOVE EXPECTATIONS”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Before I booked this hotel, I read the reviews from many guests. I also checked out the other hotels within the immediate vicinity around Disneyland and decided this hotel will give us the best bang and experience for the money. Am I glad that I stayed here!

Contrary to some reviews, the front staff was friendly, cordial, and went above and beyond to accommodate all our requests. The room were clean. We did not see any ants and didn't not have any problems with the rooms. The breakfast changed every other day and for the price, it was well worth the money. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again next time we are in the area for a visit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Columbia, MD
Reviewed December 11, 2009

My wife and I were a little worried about going to this hotel after reading the last review but I would have to say the last reviewer couldn’t have been any more wrong. After we have been traveling for the last week driving across country this hotel happened to be one of the cleanesnt and friendliest.
Everyone from the front desk and the housekeeping staff would say hi, every time we walked by. We ended up having an upgraded room even though we made our prepaid reservation thru Hotwire (which is a really cheap rate). The Hot Breakfast in the morning was nice and had plenty of items to choose from and the free internet to top it off. I would like to thank the staff for everything they did for my wife and I. Next time we come to California we know were we will be staying.

P.S. We loved the bed & bedding

Steve and Susan

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We stayed in this hotel in two rooms. They had ants in the bathroom when we arrived. They were there the entire stay and because the floor was full and we had children in another room we could not be moved. They got into EVERYTHING, clothes, personal items, towels, everthing! The housekeeping new they were there and did nothing. They constanly turned off the air conditioning everyday so we came home to a hot, stufy room every night, late from Disneyland. It took until 3 in the morning to cool off and then you were cold all night. They opened the curtains every day just adding insult to injury and when we tried to speak to anyone other than the front desk while we were there, they did not speak English and would talk right in front of you in Spanish. When we tried to address all of these issues after the fact, I was accused of discrimination. I am a Native American with a polish last name so I guess it is easy to cry discrimination when you aren't looking someone in the face. My husband's grandparents were refugees from Poland.... we understand real discrimination. They charged us for a hotel room again after we had already paid through a travel agent and then took 5 days to give it back. I have been accussed of lying, the manager Christina, went on to raise her voice and hang up on me without provocation. I was very patient and even kind but it did not provide me any in return. The worst part is that we were taking my parents to the park for the first time and they practically ruined the whole trip. BEWARE! Still no resolution.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kkrogulski
GGRCA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Hotel appreciates your feedback. Our Corporate Custumer Service department provided a positive resolution.
It is important to us that we hear from our client's perspective and utilize each opportunity to improve our performance.
Thank you!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2009

This place served its purpose, but is definitely not worth writing home about. It's quite pretty from the outside, and clean and comfortable on the inside, but in the case that I ever return to Garden Grove, I wouldn't hesitate to look elsewhere for a room.

Stayed October 2009
Lake County, CA
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel and room because the room rate so inexpensive. Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fully stocked, hot and tasted good. We drove our own car, so I do not now if there is a shuttle to Disneyland, but it is straight down the road just a couple of miles. I would definitaly stay there again! Great job staff in Garden Grove.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Hotel staff was very friendly. Very surprised to see how nice the room was. The breakfast was the best "continental" breakfast I've ever had. Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Edmonton,AB
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable, The breakfast was decent, pool was a nice size and seldom busy. The location was good for us as we did not go to Disneyland this time, but we knew the area. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family