“Not so business friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not so business friendly”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was a bit dirty.

The housekeeping staff seems to run the hotel. There is only one elevator and during the morning hours, do not get in the way of housekeeping. The staff took the elevator while leaving about 6-10 customers to wait.

They also need to invest in a vacuum as my room looked as if it had not been vacuumed in weeks. When I did see the staff vacuuming, it was a very old, LOUD machine.

Definitely not a favorite!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank D N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear D N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept my sincere apology for the issues you have encountered during your stay with us. Rest assured, your valuable comments are noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department to be addressed accordingly. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Krysllin G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Northern California
Reviewed August 29, 2013

First off, we did not spend much time in the room. We spent it at Disneyland!
This hotel was clean, quiet, and comfortable.
We found it on Priceline so it had a low rate.
It was not far from the park, but we had to drive there.
This hotel is a stop on the Anaheim Resort Transit route, but we wanted access to our car quickly and not have to sit on a bus.

I would stay there again over any hotel closer to Disneyland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank never_again01
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2013

After a long drive its always nice to get good service from people and that's exactly what we received. The cleanliness was good and the room was in good order. The hotel is located about ten minutes away from Disneyland so you cant walk you have to drive but its away from all the hustle from around the park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are not clean at all. The carpet is nasty with black stains all over the place. The bathroom floor tiles are broken and you can see mold on the ceiling. Breakfast was the worst, as hot breakfast they have eggs and bacon or sausage but the only cook a little bit at the time and people have to wait about 15 minutes for them to cook a little bit more and then wait again. Besides that all employees are very gentle and respectful with customers.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear CESAR P,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments about the cleanliness of the room and your breakfast experience have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

10 minute drive from disneyland, free parking and free breakfast. Those were really the only selling points. Rooms are decent size and clean. Booked through priceline express deals ($79/night plus tax & fees.). Big bummer was that the hotel made me pay $15/night extra to secure 2 queen beds (family trip.) I don't think that's right, since they wouldn't make any other guest pay extra for a standard request like a room with 2 queen beds.

Breakfast was good: pancake machine, cereal, bagels, toast, pastries, coffee, yogurt, fruit, apple & orange juice, biscuits and gravy (scary), omelettes (microwave airplane) / scrambled eggs (ok), sausage patties or bacon (ok), cinnamon rolls (yummy).Overall, with a family, it was the free parking and breakfast that made it a good deal.

The hotel has a disney shuttle, but the shuttle was $5/day for adults and $3/day for kids 9 and under so we just drove since parking at disney is $16/day.

Didn't deal much with daytime staff since we were at disneyland all day but night auditor was nice and helpful when we checked in late.

Pool is heated, but it's not very refreshing when it's 90 degrees outside. Decent hotel for the price, but I'll probably stay somewhere else next time since we go every year.

Room Tip: If you book through priceline express deals, the hotel made us pay extra $15/night for 2 queen beds...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Simon L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Simon L,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased you appreciated the breakfast, parking and our proximity to Disneyland. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived early to check in. Our room wasn't ready yet, but they were very nice to me and told me that we had been up graded to a suite. Went out to lunch and when we got back, the room was ready and waiting for us. The room was clean and on the first floor like I had requested. All of the front desk staff was so nice and friendly. No problems with anything and I will return here when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jack H
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked a reservation here. The week before my trip I became very sick and my doctor advised against travel as I had an ear infection and congested lungs.

I called the hotel to cancel my reservation and they refused. They claim I purchased a non-refundable reservation. Yet there was absolutely no indication given about this when I purchased. The print out I made of the reservation says nothing about not being able to cancel it with sufficient notice. I've been staying at Holiday Inn Express for years. This is the first time I've ever had a problem like this. I will never book at this location again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear adam p,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the cancellation policy. We will look into this point. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.