“Great place”

Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great place, good price and great pool and jacuzzi, both of them with heated water.
No doubt best choice around. Breakfast included with a large choice of donuts and juice. Paid 94 usd a night + taxes. Great Plasma TV.

Room Tip: Any room can be good
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I was expecting a little better from this hotel. On the holiday inn express chart this will be average at best. There is better choices near by. I've stayed at many hie and being a mile from Disney I thought it should been better than it was. Next time I stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

So i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, Breakfast choices were fine. The hitch is the hotel staff. Except for the Asian lady on the desk who was nice and tried to help us. The other staff were just plain stupid. Breakfast area gets crowded very quickly because the room is bit small and not enough for the hotel of this size. they had this one computer in the hallway for the guests. Coffee is better not to try.

I called them few days earlier to inquire about the disney tickets if they sell them. The lady on the desk excused for few minutes and then told that they dont sell the tickets there. When i reached the hotel i saw everywhere big posters in the hotel saying "We sell disney tickets here". ... I also inquired about the shuttle service there and she took good 5 minutes to ask others and reply me. The shuttle comes every hour or so and parks in front of the hotel entrance....

I asked the guy on reception if he has LA map...He pointed towards a rack with 50-60 fliers and said "try in that rack" while he was clearly doing nothing. He could have helped me finding the map in that 50-60 different colorful papers.

so overall nice hotel managed by stupid employees....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank IndoParisien
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Staff was exemplary. Room was better than I expected, very clean and modern. Breakfast, while crowded with a soccer team, was good. The only complaint I have is that the a/c under the window was VERY noisy. Would have been better design to reverse the couch set up and the bed so it was away from street noise and a/c unit. The ART comes by once an hour, and goes to two malls and Disneyland park as well as a couple street stops. I found it much easier to drive to the Toy Story lot and take the shuttle to the park from there. Thank you for the water bottles and answered questions at check in! For half the cost of a closer to the park room (OH, and they don't charge for parking like the closer motels!), I give it a thumbs up!

Room Tip: Relatives had room off the street, it was quieter than our room above the front of the motel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stay here every time we visit LA as it's in a very convenient location off the highway and not too far from downtown Disney. Rooms are always great, no issues with the wifi; friendly and helpful staff; breakfast is good - basically we are always very pleased with our stay here. The only suggestion I can think of is that it would be nice if they had an ice machine on every floor. I can't remember which but there isn't one on either the second or third floor which is a pain when you have to go all the way to another floor using the slow lift just to get ice.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A=Accessible to many area attractions without being too busy - about 3 miles from Disneyland, but easy freeway access that took about 3 -5 minutes to drive to the parks garage.
B=Breakfast included! (HOT breakfast - eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, pancakes, bagels, toast, or danish, juice & coffee plus more) need I say more?
C=Comfortable quite and clean rooms. The pillows left much to be desired, but I always bring my favorite - so I survived - otherwise would have requested a few extras.

Staff was friendly and helpful - when we asked for a close market we were sent to one that had been closed for business for what seemed to be some time - but we're pretty resourceful so we managed - I did not like that there was no safe in the room - but was impressed that when I forgot and left an item of jewelry laying around instead of securing in my vehicle it was still there when I returned at the end of the day - unfortunately the power cable for our laptop did not have such a happy ending. We accidentally left it behind and by the time they checked the room the next day they said there had been 2 guests in the room and the cable was no longer there. Unfortunate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed one night. First room did'nt have a fridge which we needed but they agreed to switch to another room. But wifi was very poor, weak signal and couldn't use our devices in the room which they advertised as having wifi. Front desk staff had average service. Breakfast food was standard and kept clean. Room rate was average(85.00). We'll continue to stay a Holiday Inn Expresses.

Stayed: November 2012