“Disgusting stay aways”

Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed October 2, 2012

For the price I paid its way too much I was better off at the motel 6 there staff is rude and lazy there rooms are disgusting with hairs from previous guests over the bed and towels the lobby and front desk looks abandoned very unprofessional and low class staff I would never stay qgain

• Stayed: September 2012
HIXGardenGrove, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

On behalf of my entire staff, I apologize that you had such a terrible vist to our property. I would greatly welcome the opportunity to get more information regarding your stay. As you can tell from the many other reviews on TripAdvisor, this is not the normal experience. I welcome the opportunity to hear from you at your earliest convenience by either email (jbradford@hiegardengrove.com) or on my direct phone number (714-530-3388 ext 4906).

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this property about 2 years ago when my family and i visited Disneyland. Considering that it's a Holiday Inn Express, and the price which we paid for the rooms, we weren't expecting much. We thought it'll just be a bedroom, a bed, and a bathroom. What we saw upon entering the room really surprised us, in a good way though. There were TWO queen size beds, a writing desk, a couch with an ottoman, and a TV. The bathroom has a tub, lots of towels, and a complete set of toiletries. The room was very clean, it smelled fresh, and beds were REALLY comfortable (especially after strolling around Mickey Mouse's kingdom for the entire day). They have a pool but we didn't get to try it as it was freezing outside. The stay also comes with breakfast. It wasn't much. Your typical bacon, eggs, sausages, biscuits, cereal, coffee, tea, etc. but for the price that we paid, you definitely wouldn't expect breakfast to come with it.

So as a conclusion, i would recommend the place, and would definitely stay there again the next time i'm there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike A
HIXGardenGrove, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for logging onto TripAdvisor and posting this review. We are quite pleased that you had a very good stay and hope to see you on your next visit to Southern California.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Booked a room through Hotels.com for a romantic getaway with my significant other for 8/17/2012 to 8/18/2012. At 3am on 8/18/2012 I'm awakened by screaming from my other half, she had woken up to pee and noticed a bug crawling on her arm. After turning on ALL the lights, I noticed she had bite marks (3 or more in a row) on her: wrist, arms, legs, shoulders, and ankle (picture attached). Immediately inspected the entire bed from pillows to floor, we found a total of 3 bugs (1 large, 2 smaller). Called the front desk to speak with a manager to fix the situation, only to be told no managers work (least at this location) on weekends, and he would be in on Monday. We threw everything in the car, checked out, will not return nor recommend this hotel to anyone, and have been getting the run around (hotels.com & holiday inn playing the blame game) trying to get a simple refund for a completely wasted weekend I had planned. THANKS - with no lube.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, stay somewhere else. Or take the risk of being bitten, lied to, screwed with, a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank William K
HIXGardenGrove, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you can probably tell from the rest of the reviews, your experience was not what most of our guests experience when they stay with us. We have conducted a full investigation with our contracted pest control company. They have concluded that no evidence of bed bugs or insects are present within the property, nor the room in which was occupied during your stay. We have fully co-operated with Hotels.com in regards to their refund policy in this matter. If possible, please contact me on my direct line at 714-650-5233 or by email at jbradford@hiegardengrove.com.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel because it wasn't within the Disneyland traffic however it still had a shuttle to the park. The rooms are very clean & the beakfast is very good. The greatest part about this hotel is the staff was so nice. We even missed our shuttle once & the man that was working the front desk called us a cab. We were always welcomed coming in & asked to have a nice day going out. I will most definitely stay here again my next trip to the area. Thank you to all the employees for such a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Higher Floors has great views
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our room was clean,beds comfortable,everything worked in the room. Front desk greeted us every time we came in or left .They were also helpful in our requests.
Nice and quite at night,over all a pleasant stay .

• Stayed: July 2012
HIXGardenGrove, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

We can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to share such an experience on TripAdvisor! The comments regarding the great customer service is very kind and we're thankful you had a great stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is not a hotel that I would have normally booked. However, I needed a room last minute in the area and this was one of the few choices available to me. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised with the property.

The property was easy to find, centrally located, and I felt safe here. This hotel is well maintained, very clean, and my room was rather large and nicely appointed.

For me the few negatives were issues that may not be all that big of a deal to other travelers. The lack of black-out curtains bugged me because I am an East Coaster who is ready for bed before the sun sets here. Not being able to black out the sun made it difficult for me to get as much sleep as I'd hoped for. I could, however, have other ways to surmount this type of issue such as traveling with a sleep mask or similar.

For as updated as all of the furnishings seemed to be in the room, the beds seemed oddly less "plush" with sheets that were a little rough (perhaps only because they are new and need broken in?) and mattresses that were quite basic. This is not really a deal breaker, I just mention it because I noticed it.

Staff I encountered were all excellent. Nice choice of restaurants nearby including quite a few that deliver.

I found the wireless internet to be slow and difficult to connect to but it was free so I cannot find too much fault with that item, either.

Overall a great stay in this class of hotel. It wouldn't be my first choice for a return trip (mainly because this isn't the part of town I typically need to be near when I visit the area and I generally stay at more "business class" types of hotels), but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others looking for a solid, basic hotel with some upgraded amenities.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and share your experience during your recent stay. We apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during you stay with us, and we thank you for letting us know. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel was clean, staff was friendly and always accommodated any request. We stayed for 10 days on a family vacation. Room was just right for four people, but if more people there would be a space issue. Walls a little thin and mattresses need to be upgraded. Very busy hotel due to its location. Breakfast was standard, but employees constantly restocked items. Best thing was the warm pool - by far the best we've ever been in at a Holiday Inn. Recommend swimming during the day while kiddies are all at Disney.

Room Tip: Room 103 perfect for parking on the right side of hotel. Easy in/out access.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family