“Friendly Staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We sent two volleyball teams to participate in a tournament at the Anaheim Convention Center. From the start, our sales rep, Erika Gomez, was a godsend! She was thorough, always in communication, even covering details like "did we want breakfast earlier than advertised?". The adults travelling raved about the staff, how friendly and accomodating they were. The rooms were large and comfortable. Overall, a tremendous experience with helpful, understanding staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have a reservation of 5 days on this hotel for my friend visiting from Taiwan, I prepaid for the room with my credit card and they sold the room. My friend's family arrive at the hotel after 16+ hr flight and no room. I can't believe the hotel is so stupid. What does reservation do if it can't hold the room. I understand that they sell the room if I reserve for a day and I show up late, but I reserved the room for 5 days and paid for it. They said they didn't charge me for the room, of course you didn't. How can you charge me for something I didn't even get!! Terrible, I will never stay at Holiday Inn EVER!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank xbox409
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear xbox409,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My room was 102 and dates were May 30-Jun 3, 2012. This room is away from the elevators (always noisy) and close to an exit where I can easily keep tabs on my vehicle. So unloading and packing was convenient. The room size was perfect for a family of 4. Rooms nicely cleaned, the beds were queens and the most comfortable I had ever slept in. Bathroom was large. The sink, vanity, shower, and toilet all encompasses this room. No exhaust though at all in bathroom. So after 3 people showering, it gets very hot. The bathroom is next to the entry door so you have to prop something against the door to keep it open. If you leave room, you have to shut the bathroom door. (Construction was a bit awkward.) Customer service was exceptional. Breakfast had a pancake machine that was awesome! Always plenty of sausage/bacon, rolls, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, fruit, breads, etc. You can purchase your Disney tickets and the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit- shuttle to/from Disney) right at front desk. This shuttle picks you up right at the front door and runs 42 after the hour. The only con I had for this hotel was the shuttle. Leaving the hotel to Disney is only about a 12 minute trip. Coming home from Disney (after a very long tiring day) is about a 50+ minute journey every time. The shuttle has many stops on the way back from Disney stopping at all the shopping areas and other hotels. I timed it for 3 days and it was always the same, about 50+ mins. I wish the hotel could arrange just a straight shot to the hotel from Disney. This time on the shuttle after a full day out is just a bit inconvenient and annoying. Nothing in walking distance like a convenience store or restaurant. There is an excellent mexican restaurant to go to if you have a car about 3 minutes away. Great prices and huge portions. It's called Los Sanchez 11906 Garden Grove Blvd. But other than that, I would recommend this hotel for the value.

Room Tip: Never get rooms by elevators, too noisy with people coming and going at all hours. I had room 102 w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank azdisneyfan
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My week long stay at HIEx in Garden Grove provided me with one of my best business trips in recent memory. First and most importantly, the staff here are **awesome**! Jonathan, Gus and Adriana are the names I remember, and the other staff whose names I don't (apologies) all provided excellent customer service. From recommendations to restaurants, a friendly "hello" on my way in or out, to basic hotel information, this team is TOP NOTCH! Housekeeping staff? Awesome. Grounds and Maintenance Staff? Very friendly and always busy. Breakfast staff? Sweet and helpful.

My room was super clean. The bed and bedding is very comfortable. Nice sitting area with love seat, chair and tables as well as a wet bar with fridge and microwave, cabinets stocked with basics like paper plates, plastic-ware, etc. Internet connection was fast. Guest laundry facilities were also clean and efficient. Breakfast here was standard fare, but everything was always hot and fresh and the breakfast area always clean and well attended. The pool area is great! Grounds-keeping staff is out there all the time taking care of the pool, deck and landscaping. The pool was always sparkling clean and inviting, and the hot tub was the same. Only one tiny little minus here...the hot tub wasn't all that hot, BUT on a hot SoCal day, who wants a hot tub?!

This HIEx should be the model for all others. I can't say enough nice things about this property, the staff and the service. Although I don't think my business travel will take me this way again, if it should, I'll know exactly where to stay. Many thanks to the Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove for such a wonderful week of business travel! WELL DONE!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kate A
HIXGardenGrove, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel! We are excited to be your new favorite hotel in the Garden Grove area! We are so thrilled to hear how much you truly enjoyed your week long business trip, dining recommendations, and breakfast services. Your review is a continuous reminder to our staff of "what we are here for!" Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a nice hotel that is far enough away from Disneyland that it is relaxing. The rooms are clean and the hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 635MicheleM
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had a one night stay here. The room was extreemly spaceous and the bed was comfortable. There was a comfortable arm chair to sit in. The bathroom was average.
The front dest staff were friendly and efficient. When checking out I I asked what was the brand of lotion supplied in the bathroom. The desk clerk told me what it was, where I could buy some more and he gave me another sample. Great service. Also I needed to print out some documents before leaving and there was a PC and printer ready and waiting for customers.
The lift to the third floor, however is the slowest life I have ever used. If you can, take the stairs.
Breakfast was great. Hot food plus, fruit, yoghurt and breads and cinnamon rolls. A great way to start the day.
I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cosmocat12
HIXGardenGrove, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you so much for pointing out all of the great things about our hotel! We value such detailed feedback from our guest on Tripadvisor.We pride ourselves to provide convenient amenities and services, as well as our friendly and welcoming staff.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Spent a few hours researching before our trip into Ca, was very pleased with our choice on this hotel with smiling faces to greet us and it's nice location. The rooms were very well furnished and bathrooms are very nice, it had everything we needed to make our stay very pleasant. The staff went above and beyond providing great customer service especially Gus. I had arrived for breakfast just a few minutes before it was open, Gus informed me it would be opened shortly, I told him that was fine I was just ready for coffee. I was very impressed when Gus came out with a cup of coffee for me, this in my opinion is a staff member who cares about his customers and is a great asset to Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Price was good and close to Newport Beach.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
HIXGardenGrove, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

What an amazing review; thank you for taking the time to share this with the readers of TripAdvisor. Your experience is exactly what we strive for with each and every guest. We are very fortunate to have some talented people that genuinely care about our guests working here at the Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove. We hope to see you back for another visit later this year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
Candlewood Suites North Orange County
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove? Share your experiences!