“Excellent hotel employees”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Avondale, Arizona
“Excellent hotel employees”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Even if check in time was at 3pm, we were fortunate enough to be able to check in earlier at 1pm.  A couple of hours allowed us time to freshen up after our plane ride (thanks).  The king sized bed was comfortable to sleep in and the room was clean.  We enjoyed swimming in the heated pool but happier that it was open till 10 pm in the evening.  One of the front desk clerk was kind enough to let us stay an hour longer if we just kept the noise level down.  They  served a complimentary breakfast every morning which is more than the usual "continental breakfast".  This meant I got freshly brewed coffee with toasted bagel...and my 8 month old can have a liittle something to nibble on too.  Wireless Internet was also a big plus!  The hotel employees were all very courteous and helpful but one person really stood out during our stay.  Jonathan Bradford, a service manager went above and beyond to assist us.  We needed some important documents to be scanned and emailed in the evening but couldn't find a place that late in the night.  Jonathan who had worked that morning came back and assisted us on his own time.  We are truly grateful for his actions!  I would definitely come back and highly recommend this place to all.  Overall it was a wonderful experience but it was definitely the "people" who shined and made the biggest difference in our stay!

Room Tip: Recommend the king size bed...very comfortable!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RNC1974

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The front desk exceeded on their customer service.They took the the extra steps to make my visit welcome.My only problem was that their was no ice machine on the 3rd floor.The kitchen and other amenities(Such as Internet,Shuttle,Usa today newspaper just to name a few.) was a plus.Overall the customer service was great.Distance to disneyland was reasonable.There is a gas station and Bar close bye.So I give this place two thumbs up.

1 Thank Gary V
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stay at this hotel last week for two night, I was there before february last year; my stay the first day was very good.
When I get there a lady at the front desk was nice and helpful, the room was clean and nice, I notice they are painting and change things. They have new flat screen TV and a new lobby furniture I think they need to change the carpet on hallways its to old.
But my disappointment was when; I was about to check out at the front desk when some asian lady came out from somewhere and start yelling the lady at the front desk, she was asking for something not noticing that people was around there.
I feel uncomfortable watching how the front desk lady didn't know what to say to her and
Try to control the situation.
Whit all do respect I would like to contact the manager of this hotel or the people who is managing this business to tell you that you have a very nice hotel but whit this kind of situations.
I will think about it twice to came back.
Thank you.

1 Thank alex2705
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I agree with 00zyankee... review 100% about priority club member.

They don't care about membership even we are Platinum member, no upgrade, reserve the room for 3 adults, gave King bedroom, ask to 2 queen bedroom upgrade since we can sleep 3 people. Answer was no, cost money, don't care about member since we used points. No policy said about it. Talked with manager same answer no.

I wrote to Holiday Inn customer service, they request manager or owner to reply the matter in 48 hours, never hear from them.

Holiday Inn gave us 5000 points to compensate for this.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Hoangng53
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was there during the first week of the month for 3 days and I can say I was not disappointed at all. Everyone was really friendly from the front desk staff to the housekeeping maids. The location is really convenient since there are plenty of things to do around that area and it's about 2.5 miles away from the Disney district. I would definately come back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank michigan11
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Just what I expected...I travel 200 days a year on average, and this was my first visit to this property. Clean rooms, nice staff,and breakfast. All I needed to get me back on the road to my next destination. I would like to return for more leisure time in the future.

Room Tip: ROOM 313 Nice corner room, upper level
1 Thank Kathleen B
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. Here are the good and the bad points;

The Good;

The staff that we dealt with were all excellent but especially Po, our shuttle driver for two days. From the beginning he made us feel special (he even brought us a pastry!) and gave us lots of useful tips about the area and was so much more than the standard hotel shuttle driver.

There is free internet and breakfast.

The Bad;

Despite the great shuttle service the fact that the hotel is too far to walk to any bars and restaurants is a huge minus.

The property as a whole looked very outdated. The carpets were worn, the doors were scuffed, and our door didn't quite fit properly in the frame.

We had paid extra for a "suite" but this consisted of just a fridge and a microwave with no extra room at all (not worth the money).

I doubt that we would stay in this property again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple