“Good Bar food”
Review of OC Brewhouse

OC Brewhouse
Ranked #12 of 453 Restaurants in Garden Grove
Cuisines: American
Description: OC Brewhouse is the laid-back location to down a brew and graze some grub. Located in the stunning atrium lobby of the Hyatt Regency Orange County, this beer-forward concept features Southern California microbrew drafts served through the Blizzard Beer system at a chilly 29°. OC Brewhouse is a beer lovers dream, particularly in steamy Orange County summertime, and a selection of wines and full bar with signature cocktails round out the imbibing options. Satisfy your munchies with a variety of appetizer and entrée selections from our deluxe menu of brewpub food.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good food and drink, friendly staff. Prices OK. Better in the evening when the lights are on - during the day it just appears to be part of the hotel lobby.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I insisted that we try OC Brewhouse while were visiting Garden Grove and now I deeply regret that I forced my two friends to come with me. Granted, we were dressed casually but not sloppily yet this seemed to put us in some kind of spotlight as ne'er-do-wells. Was it our age? I don't know. I scanned the crowd and most seemed to be an average of 55 y.o. but there were some younger folks there too. Many of them were dressed up (there was a convention going on so I presume this was a meetup function) but there were also people dressed down as we were.

When we sat down in a booth of this bar within Hyatt's lobby we were immediately approached by a server who asked if we were guests of the hotel. When I replied no he said he needed a credit card. What? Why? I hadn't even ordered anything yet. While handing him my American Express (BTW platinum, but I guess that didn't matter) I jokingly said, "Is this so we don't dine and dash?" but then received only a half smile from him. Not two seconds later, a woman who appeared to be the bar manager approached our table and asked again if we were hotel guests. What the heck is going on here? Can you only sit and order in this bar if you stay at the Hyatt? Unphased I said no but that we wanted to try out the place since we were staying close at a Hilton property nearby. During our meal she kept eyeing us the whole time. I found her behavior very rude and it made me and my party feel extremely uncomfortable.

I'm giving this place two stars instead of one but ONLY because my two guy friends liked the bbq chicken pizza a lot. The Kobe beef hot dogs I ordered were not very good ("gourmet house made" relish was tasteless and the buns were stale and cold) and the fries that were supposed to be garlic were not. Also our server Chris brought me extra lemon I requested for my iced tea on a bar napkin instead of a plate...that was odd. Refills of drinks never appeared, presumably because they wanted us out of their establishment as soon as possible.

I have to say that our server was nice enough and probably only asked for my credit card ahead of time because Miss-Suspicious-Of-Us told him to do so. I can't blame him for the horrible treatment and lackluster food but in closing, if I could give OC Brewhouse negative stars for treatment of patrons I would in a hot second. I actually considered staying at the Hyatt on a future trip to SoCal but based on this experience I have crossed them off my list of possibilities.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel bar food is not always good quality but I was pleasantly surprised here. The price was typical for a hotel but not outrageous. Fish tacos were fantastic and fresh. Loved the sweet potato fries.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice selection of beers. My wife loves their Mojito's. Kids Disney movies section. Nice area, adult area if you sit at the bar or family ok in a booth.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Do not miss happy hours for the drinks and the snacks. We were there every day at 4:30 to meet friends and make friends. Half of the bar is in the huge open lobby and the rest is in a cozier and comfortable area.