“The Globe Dine Bar showcases food from around the world in Garden Grove, CA”
Review of The Globe - Belgian GastroPub - CLOSED

The Globe - Belgian GastroPub
Cuisines: Belgian, Central European, International, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hands-On Belgian Owners Welcome you, introduce yourselves. Globally Inspired Seasonal Cuisine, Market Fresh Specials, Monthly Chef's Creations,Engaging European Hospitality, Signature Cocktails, Belgian Craft Beer and Wine Selections. Exclusive Belgian Craft Beers, 18 Rotating & Seasonal Drafts, Growing Selection Bottled, All Served in Signature Glassware and According to Cicerone Rules.
Anaheim, California
“The Globe Dine Bar showcases food from around the world in Garden Grove, CA”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Charcuterie Platter is a chef’s selection of cured meats and pate from around the globe, with seasonal trimmings. The meats were perfectly sliced, especially the prosciutto, paper thin so it just melts in your mouth. The meats had different textures and flavors that satisfy the taste buds. Love the roasted garlic, so sweet, and it matches perfectly with the meats. An expertly sliced French baguette is the perfect vehicle to get these delectable meats into your mouth. Thumbs up, way up!

Beer Beef Stew is large cubes of beef simmered in Leffe Brune beer, sautéed onions, and carrots. The beer added an interesting aroma and flavor, yet was served burgundy-style. The sauce was thick and the beef was luxuriously tender. The Belgian fries are the perfect option to get all of the tasty sauce. You don’t want to waste any of it. The Belgian Fries were fried to perfection with a crispy, golden brown outside and a tender very-essence-of-potato inside. Once you go the Belgian way, it’s hard to have regular French fries again. Thumbs up, way up!

Tiramisu is an Italian classic: mascarpone custard layered with fresh cream, Rhum, and espresso soaked ladyfingers. OMG! Since coming back from Milan last year, whether it is coffee or Italian desserts, I haven’t been able to find anything close, but I think I have found it here at The Globe. It’s made by Chef George Anthony, who worked at a restaurant in Washington, D.C. when Ronald Reagan was president. President Reagan said that it was the best tiramisu he’d ever had. And he was right! It’s very authentic in flavor – strong, balanced espresso flavor with creamy, sweet mascarpone cheese, spongy ladyfingers, and dark chocolate powder on top. Brilliantly executed! Thumbs up, way up!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank OCFoodDiva

Joliet, Illinois
“WOW! A wonderful find in Garden Grove”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We visited the Anaheim area earlier this month and wanted to find somewhere different for dinner. My husband suggested we check out the downtown area of Garden Grove based on something he read in a local travel magazine. We walked up and down the block or so where the restaurants and shops were located and chose the Globe because they have Chimay beer on tap (a rarity!).

We were delighted by the owners/staff, menu and food. My husband loves Belgian ales and The Globe has an extensive selection, including several he had not tried before. He chose Coq au Vin for dinner and said it was fantastic. He loves to cook and has made the dish at home, but has never found it on the menu (even in French restaurants). I had the margarita pizza which was flavorful and crisp. My favorite item was the creme brulee I had for dessert. Mmmmm.

We highly recommend The Globe. We wish we lived in the area so we could visit The Globe on a regular basis or that they would open a satellite location near our home.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank MJM84
orcutt, ca
“True Belgian hospitality (and beer!)”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

First, I'm a huge beer fan. I love craft brews and Belgian beers. I was visiting last week with a business partner from Belgium, and we accidentally ran across this bar. WOW.

The staff was great, the beer was INCREDIBLE, and the food looked excellent...so good that we came back a second night with "the kids"....and the food was as good as it looked the previous night.

Can't wait until my next visit!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank cbo49r
Tustin, California
“Fantastic bit of Europe in Orange County”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went here last Saturday night. He's from Holland and is always on the search for Belgium/Dutch Cusine.
This gave him the touch of home he was looking for! Not only are there a rotating 18 Belgium drafts on tap, but the food is awesome.
Try the beefstew, the pizzas are great (Chicken Pesto, or Veggie). The dessert was awesome! Breadpudding, made the right way! Not dry and not runny! Served with homemade vanilla icecream with orange liquor.

Everyone should try this hidden gem.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank JoyIrvine
el segundo
“Awesome little gem in Garden Grove”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I decided to come here after some Yelp app searching and it was such a great decision! My first impression was pretty good, credit going to the classic car show on the street out front. We walked in, got seated, and decided on tapas for food.

The filet medallions were tender, the wine glaze was on the sweet side, the pearl onions were crisp and complimented the texture of the meat well, and there was a lot of blue cheese to make sure you got plenty with each bite. Really liked this one, possibly because I'm a big fan of blue cheese.

The cherry tomato bruschetta was interesting. I wasn't the biggest fan of the cherry tomato because there were a lot of them and the warm, cooked tomato texture was a bit much for me. So I put half to the side and ate them separately, and it all worked out!

The caprese salad was simple with fresh mozzarella and tomato. Can't mess that one up if your ingredients are fresh, but then they added a tasty basil pesto which made the whole dish even better.

The fire roasted artichoke hearts and chili aioli was probably my favorite. The bit of char on the artichoke was delicious and the chili aioli had a really good flavor that, with the creaminess, went perfectly with the artichoke.

We finished off the food with chorizo empanadas. They were really good and really, really hot. The empanada was flaky and crispy and not oily. It was filled with a bit of Spanish chorizo and a bit of cheese so the amounts balanced out with the shell. It was served with a cilantro vinaigrette that looked like pesto until you try it, then you're hit with moderate cilantro flavor that went well with the rest of the dish.

I also got a couple of beers with dinner. They were pretty darn tasty and both were things I've never heard of before. The beer list was pretty impressive, with a good selection of fancy imported beers, things you've probably never tried but should, and a nice selection of local microbrews. A lot of extra strong beers, too.

The waitress was amazing and had an excellent knowledge of all of the food and especially of all of the beers. She made good food and beer recommendations and offered to suggest pairings as well. I was very impressed and she nailed the tough questions I asked about the beers.

Anyway, excellent service to round this place out. The price was reasonable, definitely not inflated just because of the gastropub classification. Awesome food, delicious menu, and plentiful, flavorful beer means I'm already looking forward to coming back!

• Visited October 2012