“Comfortable and clean -- may be better for families” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anaheim Marriott Suites

Anaheim Marriott Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Comfortable and clean -- may be better for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed at this hotel when visiting family in Anaheim. Was on a solo trip, and looking for a little quiet between trips to Disney and shopping. Was a little taken by surprise by the number of small children running around the lobby and the general cacophony. But not complaining, as I SHOULD have surmised ahead of time that a suite-based hotel just 10 minutes (or less) from Disneyland would have a lot of families with small children. Not a serious complaint, just something I hadn't planned on.

My room was comfortable, a small but decent sized living area and small bedroom. Clean and comfortable, with a good location for Disney, shopping, and eating, and at a great price -- how could I complain? Recommend, with the above-referenced caveats.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your review and recommendation of the Marriott Suites Anaheim. Our hotel with its suite designed guest rooms is a welcoming home away from home for all, but as you stated we are a Disneyland® good neighbor hotel and are quite accustomed to and very welcoming of families and children who are traveling to Disneyland®. We do hope that you had such an enjoyable stay with us that the next time you travel to Anaheim you will be back again for another visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Brentwood, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Anaheim Marriott suites- 6/13/2014 - 6/15/2014
Unfortunately it was the worst stay EVER!!!! I called a week prior and requested a room with a refrigerator and microwave because I have small children that eat frequently. I had no problem paying any extra cost for this addition. I was told both were free of charge.
We check in ( front desk was pleasant) it took us 30 minutes to get up to our room on the 10th floor with two out of four elevators being out of service and the stairs was not an option because we had luggage. Get to our room and there is no microwave. When I called to inquire about it the lady on the other end was horribly rude and said well that will be an extra $15.00. No problem please sends it up was my reply. Now when it was time to leave the hotel there was another 30 minute elevator wait. Every time we needed to leave our room or get back to our room there was a 30 -45 minute wait. We were told the elevator was being fixed on our check out day when we demanded to take the service elevator through the kitchen with many suit cases. Not only did we wait for the elevator but we waited in a non air conditioned hall way. WAIT….. It gets worse….. On Saturday evening we returned to the hotel about 8pm to find no park available in our hotel parking lot. I was told the hotel next door had two wedding and the over flow was parked in our hotel parking lot. Now this is what a hotel staff member said to me after I told her I had to park in Joe’s Crab shacks parking lot and saw me walking with my five month old child??? Hummm…. No an offer for Valet or anything. This hotel was horrible and unaccommodating.
Don’t stay there…….pay a little extra and have parking and elevator service……

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Nori P
We are very disappointed to read your review this morning and learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations. All reviews whether positive or otherwise are appreciated as it helps us to focus on areas of the hotel a guest may feel needs to be addressed. We wish nothing more than for all of our guests to have a pleasant memorable experience here with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the elevator being repaired or the issue with the parking you may have experienced as well. We can assure you that the elevator repairs are not a common issue here but at times they may need to be serviced and we appreciate our guests patience as we work to quickly and efficiently to resolve any maintenance or repairs. Thank you for your feedback.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stay here at least 6 times a year and never are disappointed. The breakfast buffet is great especially the omelette station and the servers are very friendly and attentive especially Leo.
My only disappointment is that the pool area gets no afternoon sun and there is no where on the property to sit in the afternoon sun.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Wow! How wonderful your review made us feel this morning. Thank you for your loyalty in staying with us at the Marriott Suites Anaheim so many times throughout the year. We are so pleased you enjoyed our breakfast buffet with its omelet station and we appreciate your acknowledgement of our staff who loves to go above and beyond for our guests. It does saddened however to hear that our pool location doesn’t not meet your expectations and hope that will not discourage you from further visits as we look forward to your next stay with us soon.
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately, I used my Marriott rewards to stay here. First I sleep light and I'm easily awakened & I told the front desk when I arrived earlier than scheduled to hopefully get accommodated. I asked for the most quiet room they had like maybe the corner room. So, first I heard the toilets flushing all night then the second night after 8 hours at CA. Adventures I was awakened by loud neighbors laughing loudly and slamming the doors in their suite. Then the same neighbors woke me up screaming loudly at 6:27 am! What a nite mare. I continued on to DL that day tired and unrested. Then they come back the third night talking and slamming doors around 2am and forget catching up on rest then they loudly wake up around 8 am getting ready to check out at 12 because the front desk told me their check out time. If you value your sleep don't stay here I'll splurge at the DL hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Chante M
Your review disappointed us this morning as we wish nothing more than for all of our guests to have a pleasurable stay with us. While at times our hotel can get quite busy, the quietness and overall satisfaction of our guests is of major importance to us. In circumstances such as this we encourage guests to call the front desk if needed so that we may assist you during your stay and resolve any situation that may need to be addressed. Thank you for your feedback. We do hope that you will reconsider your decision and allow us the future opportunity to serve you once again and exceed all of your expectations.
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband has always talked marvelous about this specific location. I've been looking forward to this family trip just to experience the same amazing experience! As soon as we arrived I was greeted with a great welcoming smile by the front desk gal, Natalie. She was kind and very articulate. After she handed our breakfast, keys, and complimentary waters(apple and goldfish) she kindly asked if we needed bell service. She went out of her way and called the bellman. Juan quickly approached us with the luggage cart and asked "how may I help you?!" He stacked our luggage and walked us over to the elevators and followed us to our room. He was very sweet as well. Our family suite(2 beds) was perfect for our family of 4. The mini fridge is a big plus..the location of this hotel is excellent. About a mile away from Disneyland and there is a full target, about 5 walking distance family restaurants, and the outlets of orange so close by. We had a lovely stay! Definitely recommend..

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and your recommendation of the Marriott Suites Anaheim. We are so glad you were finally able to experience the same amazing stay your husband has always told you about. Our staff here not only loves to go above and beyond to make sure all of our guests feel at home but they exceed so that your visit will be the best experience possible. We hope you and your family will all be back for another amazing stay with us again in the near future.
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband travels to Anaheim monthly for work, and the kids and I tag along. After his morning of work, the family goes to Disneyland, so we need a hotel close by to accommodate this. We had been going to another Marriott (Fairfield Inn) right across the street which we loved, but they were booked for May so we were left with little options. At first we were concerned it was a shuttle ride away, but since the shuttle comes every 30 minutes, it wasn't a problem. We were pleasantly surprised how much we loved this hotel! Our room was great! It was much larger than we've been used to , and traveling with a 4 year old and toddler we needed the space. The living room had plenty of room for our double stroller and play pen, and we could still move around!

I thought it was a nice touch to have managers mingling in the morning to greet guests and ask if we had any concerns. We loved having a Starbucks so close, and even on a Friday morning, we did not have to wait long for our drinks. After we checked out, we received an email asking about our stay and if we had problems.

We traveled May 15-16th for our first visit. On June 3rd we returned again. It was once again a great choice for our family. The room was clean and spacious. While we were at Disneyland we called the hotel to have a crib sent to the room (we had forgotten to request it when we checked in). When we came back to our hotel late that night with sleeping kids, we were pleased to find the crib all set up. We were also surprised to find a platter of chips and salsa and a note from the General Manager Kevin thanking us for returning! It was a nice touch and fun perk to thank us for our loyalty. We will be booking again for July!

While this hotel is too far to walk to Disneyland, the shuttle wasn't a big deal, and it is nice to be close to other restaurants and Target. This is a great hotel for families who want a lot more room than a standard hotel room!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Wow! We are thrilled to be your new favorite hotel! Thank you for returning for another stay with us so quickly. It’s nice to hear you enjoyed so many different aspects of your stay, from your spacious room to our Starbucks. We know that sometimes it’s the little things here at the Marriott Suites Anaheim that mean the most and we appreciate your acknowledgement of those little extras from our managers mingling and greeting guests in the morning, to the chips and salsa platter and note left in your room to the follow up email you received. Nothing makes us happier than hearing a guest left satisfied with their stay and will be returning again soon. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in July.
San Jose, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

There are so many hotels condensed in this area, you almost have to look at it as a whole. For what we paid, this was a good place. But I can't call it very good. The sofa bed for the kids was old, the bathroom had no counter space, and the room was a bit dated in general. It's close to everything, and therefore convenient. The line downstairs for Starbucks was a bit crazy in the morning, but we've been experiencing this everywhere. Hmmm... perhaps hire more people for the morning rush? The front office staff was not particularly kind, welcoming or helpful. In fact, I felt like they had a bit of a chip on their shoulder. The breakfast buffett was not the best either. The bacon was burnt, there were constantly "out" of something, and there were dirty dishes left around pretty much everywhere. Lots of room for improvement.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MOMof2SanJose_Ca
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
While we appreciate you found the Marriott Suites Anaheim a good place for the money, we are disappointed to read our hotel did not meet your expectations. The staff here always goes above and beyond to make our guests feel welcome and at home during their stay and we apologize if for some reason you did not feel this way. Usually our breakfast buffet gets rave reviews, especially the bacon, and we wish to apologize here as well for not being able to meet your expectations. We do hope you had a wonderful trip and that you will give us another try in the future so we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
#4 of 118 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,073 reviews
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Anaheim Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!