“Not impressed”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was not impressed with this hotel. First of all they gave us the wrong room. Then they had hidden charges that were $100 over the quote given with the reservation. On top of that they then wanted a $100 deposit which I gave in cash. When I checked out the $100 deposit was not registered so I have not received that back even after writing to the hotel. So in short after I made the reservation the total was $484 for 3 nights and the overall total I had to pay when I checked in was $750. When I eventually started arguing with the woman at the counter because they wanted me to pay $36 for parking and they weren't letting me know what the deal was with the extra $100 I paid I said I didn't want to pay it and they threatened me with calling the police! She just kept telling me it was the deposit. Don't you get a deposit back? Correct me if I'm wrong. I asked her what that extra $100 was for and she kept telling me tax etc. No... that's what the first $100 over quoted price was for... not the deposit.

The rooms were okay... would have expected more from Marriott. Not much inside of the hotel besides Starbucks. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank wolfsong88
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We would like to extend our apologies for any confusion that may have arisen over our fees. Any parking fees, deposits, taxes and/or incidental charges are in addition to a room rate on a daily basis, as explained on our website. For example, currently our on-site parking fee is $12 per day. Staying for 3 days would incur a $36 charge for parking. We hope this helps explain any issues you may have had with the charges. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I booked through priceline.com and was confused on how it really worked! Adrian took great care of me and was amazing on finding my reservation. Having a person like him is a true gem to your business!!! I work at seacrest oceanfront hotel in pismo beach ca.I would want him representing OUR hotel anytime! Thanks again Adrian.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle H
Leave it to our Adrian! We are so glad he was able to make your check in a breeze. From the Marriott Suites Anaheim, thank you!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

All suite Marriott hotel, same great writing table and comfort bed. Room is clean and size is decent. Marriott Gold elite receive full buffet breakfast voucher for 2 at the restaurant, which is a great plus compare to regular continental breakfast. The breakfast service is excellent, the waiter is very friendly and keep my OJ glass full. Ordered a Denver omelet and it taste great!
5 star, will definitely come back again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for being a Marriott Gold Elite member! The Denver omelet served during the breakfast buffet can make your mouth water, we are so glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Suites Anaheim for another 5 star stay.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I travel a lot. Want to do a shout our for Kenneth Murphy. After long days at the convention center and numerous dinner choices. I ordered room service twice. He really made it feel like home and was a nice change to room service with no character. Great job Marriott for have Kenneth.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for giving a shout out to Kenneth here at the Marriott Suites Anaheim. We’re glad he could make you feel at home especially when you travel a great deal! We look forward to having you back on a future journey.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here on business and had a great experience. Kellie is fantastic and provided the best service. Never even needed to leave the hotel. The food was great and service was even better. Drinks were great and it's so close to a bunch of restaruants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Even on a business trip our guests deserve to relax, which is why we love reading about the great service and friendly experience you enjoyed at our SunSpot Bar! Kellie is a true representation of how much our team loves what they do and we thank you for taking notice. We will be sure to share your compliments with her and our entire team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Marriott Suites Anaheim soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I recently attended the musicians NAM show at the Anaheim Convention Center last weekend and stayed with fellow rock stars at this hotel. The bar service was fantastic with the lovely Kellie who kept us entertained as we sat there for hours. The room service was great! Thanks Samantha. This hotel is first on my list for the next vacation or event. Thanks Marriott

Room Tip: If you want complete A1 service this is the place
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you! Our entire crew at the Marriott Suites Anaheim is thrilled to know that you enjoyed great service at every moment of your recent convention stay. Making certain our guests enjoy a memorable experience is our top priority. We can’t wait to welcome you back next time you’re in town for business or leisure.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We got an amazing deal on our rooms at the Anaheim Marriot Suites. The guest service was great in the hotel. There was a meeting of some sort at the hotel and they had left overs from their meal. My 4 year old son was overjoyed when a staff member allowed him to have a left over piece of pumpkin pie. Also at the hotel restaurant a waitress named Lizbeth went out of her way to find a candle for my sons 2nd Birthday dinner. I can't say enough good things about the staff there.

Room Tip: All suites are great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Whether it is a piece of pumpkin pie, a birthday candle or providing friendly service, our team is happy to do what it takes to put a smile on the faces of our guests. It is touching that you took the time to share your story and compliments to our staff. We hope your son had a wonderful second birthday celebration and look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you and your family back to the Marriott Suites Anaheim.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#46 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Anaheim Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!