“They saved our Disney Vacation!”

Anaheim Marriott Suites
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Let me start off by saying this was not our initial hotel. We had booked 3 nights at The Anabella. Beause of the nightmare we had the first night we had at The Anabella-we had checked out early and checked into this hotel. The room was clean and spacious. They knew we were coming from a nightmare and went the extra mile to make us comfortable. This will definitely be the preferred Disneyland vacation hotel for us from now on! They even waived the parking for us! The breakfast buffet was good, they have a Starbucks, best of all -Target is across the street if you need anything (my pants ripped-so that was a fast fix) and there are 3 restaurants just steps away! Our family had a blast, our Disney vacation was saved, and we now have a new Anaheim preferred hotel! Thank you to all the employees at Anaheim Marriott Suites!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

While we certainly don’t wish travel or vacation difficulties on anyone, it was our pleasure to welcome you while you were in Anaheim and provide you and your family with a comfort, enjoyable guest experience at the Marriott Suites Anaheim. Thank you for sharing all that you found pleasing at our property including our on-site Starbucks, convenient location and helpful staff. We are honored to be your preferred hotel for future Disneyland vacations and hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

First of all, I should say that Marriott is/was? my preferred hotel choice and I typically book through normal rates and rewards from staying often. However, this time I was able to book this Hotel through a discount site for a great rate and was very pleased when I saw it was a Marriott with FANTASTIC reviews. Man did our experience fall short of that hype.

Around 1 AM I was woken up by screaming of profanities, pounding against the walls, and what sounded to be like people fighting in the foyer near the elevators. The situation sounded very serious. I called the front desk to report it to security but got the message that they were busy helping other callers, which I assumed to be more people reporting the incident. I did check after it quieted down for anyone hurt in the hallway but no one was there. In the morning I asked the front desk if anything was reported or if they knew what happened and they said they didn't know but would check and have their manager call me...which never happened.

The room itself was also not very good, and if we were there for any other reason than spending all of our time at Disneyland I would have asked to move for the second night. By the time we got back to our room we were too tired to request a change and move all our stuff. The toilet would make a very loud noise every 15 minutes like it was refilling the tank or something, and we were right by the elevators that were running all night long.

Upon checkout I asked if they ever found out what happened the night before, since they never called me as promised, and someone from the back came out and said that nothing was reported. I then asked (in a very nice way I should add) if they usually put guests who use discount sites in the worst rooms available and explained some of the issues with the room. Instead of addressing any of them, he walked away, ignored me, and pretended to start working on a different computer.

Some good things (because it couldn't be all bad, right?):

The breakfast buffet was good, and the pool was very nice.

The paid shuttle to DL was convenient, however, shame on the driver on the return trip for refusing to help my 2.5 yr old ascend the stairs with her blankie, while my wife had her arms full with another child and I was trying to deal with folding up and finding a place for the stroller. We stopped in the middle of the route on the way back and I noticed that the driver was changing shifts and had already bundled up his tip basket. I guess since he figured he wouldn't get a chance to get a tip, why bother right? Note that I didn't factor this into the review because I understand that the shuttle service probably isn't managed by Marriott.

Overall I'm sure you could stay here and have a very pleasant experience. For us, however, that was certainly not the case and I'm not really willing to give them a second chance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

We appreciate that Marriott is your preferred group of properties when traveling and extend our thanks for our loyalty to our brand. We deeply regret that your stay was not more positive. Please accept our sincerest apologies if noise outside of your suite caused any disruption to you, however, please be assured that the safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. We are grateful you reached out to alert us to the situation and regret if we did not follow up with you in the manner reflective of the high quality of service we’re known to provide our guests. It is important to note that regardless of how a guest books their visit, we strive to deliver top-notch service and stellar accommodations so that they may truly enjoy their experience at our property. Thank you for providing your input, we will make certain your comments are shared with our management team. It is our hope that you’ll consider giving us another try.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel off and on for over a year. As a platinum member, I get treated very well--but I don't just get treated well because I'm platinum. The Sunspot restaurant has a great breakfast buffet--probably have eaten there at least 75 times, and the waiters (Leo and Alex) always remember to bring me my Diet Pepsi. And Maria, the best omelet chef ever, starts my omelet as I walk in the door. At the Starbucks, Nick remembers my drink and pulls it right up. The front desk staff has always been gracious and inviting. I stay in multiple hotels during a year and this is the one I stay at regularly in Anaheim--and yes, there have been other Marriott's that I've tried, but I like this one.

1  Thank Hilary C

At the Marriott Suites Anaheim, we take great joy in connecting with our guests and always look forward to welcoming them back visit after visit. It is our pleasure to see to it that you enjoyed a comfortable stay at every turn, down to the little things like your beverage preferences. We are touched that you took the time to share such thoughtful comments regarding members of our team and will be sure to pass them along to Leo, Alex, Maria, Nick and the entire staff. We are proud to be your choice of Marriott hotels when visiting Anaheim and hope to see you again for another visit very soon, thank you.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

During our stay my husband and I got bed bugs. I had over 100 bites on my body. We have been patient with the hotel and insurance company to make it right, but they have let us know that they are only reimbursing medical expenses and a little bit more. Not even enough to reimburse our stay there when we got the bed bugs. Not including all the luggage and clothes we had to throw away. They now say that even though there were bed bugs that they were not "negligent". I guess we should expect to get bed bugs from 4 star hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013
27  Thank Crys_m_2007
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Maria at the Omelet station is awesome, she is extremely pleasant and helpful and goes out of her way to make sure she makes your breakfast just the way you like it! The suites are very roomy and feels like home away from home. This is my second time here and would come back again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

The only thing that could possibly be better than Maria’s omelets is your review! Thank you for taking the time to share about your delicious experience at SunSpot Restaurant and how our staff, particularly Maria, went above and beyond to ensure it was an enjoyable meal. We appreciate your feedback and acknowledgement of our spacious accommodations just minutes from Disneyland. We would love to welcome you back to the Marriott Suites Anaheim for yet another great stay.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My stay at the Marriott Garden Grove was marked by Kellie, a great bar tender. Excellent drinks and food. Shrimp cocktail was the best. It was also evident that management has successfully driven the staff to provide a friendly outreach. There was no staff member that did not greet me with a friendly "good morning, afternoon, etc."

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Let us echo your sentiments by saying, we think yours is one of the best reviews ever! We are so happy to read that your recent stay at the Marriott Suites Anaheim was highlighted by stellar service at every turn, especially at the SunSpot Bar. Thank you for your glowing review, we can’t wait to welcome you back next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

While this hotel is really nice, our family will be staying here in the future for our visits for one reason only ...our wait person Sasan in the hotel's 's dining area. He is wonderful !! He's funny, engaging, diligent , caring and all around wonderful. We actually look forward to seeing Sasan in the mornings to get our day started.

Thanks for a fantastic stay, Sasan.
See you next time. !!!!

#30 of 119 in Anaheim
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Anaheim Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!