“My First HotWire Deal!”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Tempe, Arizona, United States
“My First HotWire Deal!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I booked this under a hotwire deal not really sure what I was going to get myself into. Forgetting that there were places with those things called double beds out there and knowing my luck, I went in thinking that's what I was going to be stuck with. Upon arrival that's what my room was, this was NO fault of the hotel of course because of how this was booked. The check in staff was great, lots of fun and put me into one of the king rooms on the highest floor they could!

After checking in I ended up in the restaurant/bar that was still open, needing to unwind after my long day and drive. The food was amazing! No complaints at all. If you really want a drink and not sure what it is you are after, make sure Arturo is working that night!! He is a very excellent bartender and will come up with something amazing to drink that will help put you into an even better mood.

I have to mention that there is also a Starbucks on the hotel lobby, so that makes getting up and going even better. There is food (if you feel the hotel food isn’t good enough but I suggest you at least give it a try) within a very short walking distance and retail stores as well.

Not sure how great this would be for walking distance for most to Disneyland so inquire and see if there is a hotel shuttle if it’s not listed. There is also the ART option and that always has varied opinions. For those that don’t mind the extra walk, it is roughly 1.8 miles to the gates. For those not use to all the walking or get sore after all of it, I suggest you indulge a little and get a massage at any place you can halfway through your trip. After this, you won’t feel the soreness.

I would have never picked this hotel on my own but considering my great weekend here, I will be back again and many times to come.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jonathan S
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We love that your stay at the Marriott Suites Anaheim was a great weekend filled with helpful service! Our SunSpot Restaurant and Bar offer great on-site dining and a relaxing atmosphere which we’re so glad you enjoyed. In addition to our property amenities like our full-service Starbucks and Disney Desk, we do offer shuttle service to and from Disneyland for a modest daily fee. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope that you’ll be back for another visit very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice to have Maria make perfect omelets, and Mario serve it with a great smile.
Enjoy steaming hot coffee and fresh juice.
Evening service in the bar is relaxed. Lisbeth will serve You with a great smil.
She can recomend wine from the wine list :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
It seems that everywhere you turned at the Marriott Suites Anaheim, especially at our SunSpot Restaurant and Bar, you enjoyed friendly, attentive service from our staff. Reading about your interactions and kind mention of members of our team makes us smile. Thank you for your comments, we will certainly share them. Please come back again soon.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family recently stayed at the hotel for my brothers wedding,the rooms are really nice and spacious,however,the housekeepers don't seem to vacuum everyday. I informed Nick the front desk supervisor about our issue and he made sure that the rooms were spotless for the duration of the stay. This type of service was unexpected but very much appreciated. Thanks Nick for the great service. We will be back again!

• Stayed October 2013
Congratulations to your brother! We are so glad you joined us at the Marriott Suites Anaheim while in town for the wedding! We truly appreciate that you reached out during your stay so that we could do everything in our power to ensure your visit was a comfortable experience. Thank you for your review and kind compliments to our Front Desk Associate, Nick. We will make sure he is aware of your kind comments. We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.
Monterey
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Marriot Residence Inn in Anaheim Resort Area is a great place to get away, relax, and enjoy a nice family trip/outing. The night front desk staff Amanda and Walter are very pleasant people of whom communicate smiles, friendliness, and helpfulness. We enjoyed our stay, and look forward to our next visit.

Best Regards,
Your Friends in Rm#122

Room Tip: Rooms are extraordinary! Not the average room!! Very cozy!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
After reading your review, we realized that you added kind comments to the wrong hotel’s page. We are very happy that your stay in Anaheim was enjoyable and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to the Marriott Suites Anaheim during your next trip to the area. Thank you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed three nights, the room was gorgeous, and the breakfast provided as part of my package was wonderful for my family. There was an issue with the fire alarm unexpectedly on our floor, however the hotel's supervisor on duty, Vince Taijeron, was amazing at providing atonement for the issue. I would like to point out that I was very impressed with our waiter on the third morning, his name was Alex. When the cook stepped away for a while, and I had approached the omelette station, he stepped outside of his role to make me an omelette without hesitation (and did a much better job than the existing chef on duty, even though she was fussing at him for making the omelette differently- he actually cooked it correctly!). I really appreciated how Alex was really engaged with his customers, and super-friendly. He was the kind of guy that if I would have asked him for the shirt he was wearing, he probably would have given it to me on the spot. Thank you so much for having him on your staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review of your experience at the Marriott Suites Anaheim. We’re truly grateful that, despite the disruption of a fire alarm, your stay was filled with attentive, personal service from our dedicated staff. We love reading about your experience with Alex at SunSpot Restaurant as this is the type of top-notch service we strive to offer. Your kind compliments are truly appreciated, we will be certain to share them with Alex and the rest of our team. It is our hope that you and your family will return for another visit very soon.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We ordered room service and it was delivered by Kenneth. He was extremely kind and funny, as well as patient and willing to help us out with anything. Kenneth seems to be a wonderful employee and the Marriott Anaheim Suites is very lucky to have him.

• Stayed November 2013
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your story with us. We are touched to read that your experience with Kenneth impress you so and that you took the time to extend such kind comments, we will be certain to share them with him. Our entire staff at the Marriott Suites Anaheim is committed to providing world-class service and we hope you’ll return so that we may further impress you.
Fountain Hills, AZ
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Upon arrival, property is very well maintained, lobby welcoming and appealing. It is conveniently located to my brother's house which is a plus. My room was very, very nice - impeccably clean and super comfy beds and pillows. Linens and towels very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We were happy to welcome you for a stay at the Marriott Suites Anaheim. It is a joy to learn of your positive first impression of our property and that your expectations of our suite-style accommodations were exceeded when you experienced our clean, comfortable rooms. Thank you for your thoughts, we hope to welcome you back next time you’re in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#46 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Anaheim Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!