“Perfect for a meeting...”

Anaheim Marriott Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Lynnwood
“Perfect for a meeting...”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a senior management meeting here and it was perfect. From the check in experience to our meetings everything went with out a hitch. The staff is genuinely friendly and so helpful. There were smiles everywhere! The guest room was well appointed and had plenty of space. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
At the Marriott Suites Anaheim our conference facilities and event staff have everything you need for a productive, enjoyable meeting. We’re delighted your corporate event went off perfectly and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your review, we eagerly anticipate your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
California
Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a wonderful hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nicely furnished rooms with a very comfortable bed. Great food and its own Starbucks! Everything a business traveler needs except their family but given how nice and friendly the staff are you feel like your home.

• Stayed September 2013
We love that you enjoyed your stay at the Marriott Suites Anaheim so much that you considered our property to be your home away from home! Thank you for sharing your experience and noting the highlights of your visit. We hope you’ll return and bring your family along during your next business trip to Anaheim! Thank you.
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

From front desk assistance from Nicole, and always very helpful Farid the manager to the excellent food from chef Hany Ali. Liz , Leo, always the best for breakfast and dinner in the restaurant.
Great for families, friends.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rangemule
Your review is a joy to read because it is clear that the service our staff provided you while on your business trip was a highlight of your visit. Thank you for taking the time to mention so many members of the Marriott Suites Anaheim team by name, we will be certain to share your thoughts with everyone here. It was our pleasure to host you and we hope to do so again very soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 9, 2013

stayed at the Marriot over the weekend and was very impressed with service, accommodations and food quality. The rooms are large and clean, perfect for business travel or vacation. Was there for a convention and the catered food was far beyond expectations. Keep up the great work and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: every room is a suite so you cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
It is wonderful to read that your recent conference stay at Marriott Suites Anaheim impressed you and exceeded expectations. Your kind comments regarding our staff, and delicious catered offerings at your meeting will be shared with our team. Thank you! We certainly look forward to your next stay with us.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed 3 nights back in June. The location is great for Disneyland and Los Angeles. We stayed 5 people in one room (2 x Queen size beds + a sofa bed) and it worked fine. Service was friendly, but you had to repeat orders and be patient in the reception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
It is great that our location made it easy to explore local attractions and Orange County hotspots while our suite accommodations were convenient for your group. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Marriott Suites Anaheim soon.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at this property for business and love the hotel. The rooms and nice and spacious, the facilities are ok could use some updating. When I checked in I was greeted by Timmy and Nick and they were so energetic and ready to help the guest. The breakfast is ok for the value. If you are in the area stay here and enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013
We couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed a pleasant business stay at the Marriott Suites Anaheim! Our spacious suites offer a roomy, comfortable alternative to a traditional hotel room and we’re glad you enjoyed them. What stands out the most in your review is the kind and helpful service our front desk associates delivered to you. Thank you for sharing your feedback, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We checked in over the Labor Day weekend for a 3 night stay. Upon our late checkin, we were told that our credit card was denied. This is strange as there is no reason for it to be denied. Since it was late, I figured I would give them my debit card and call the Visa company to find out if there was a hold on our account of some type. Of course, I call the Visa company and am told that there was no decline and that the charge did go through. I look on my debit account and see that there is also a hold for $110. After checking with several people at the desk, they keep assuring me that they only have the visa on file, they aren't sure why it showed declined and they aren't able to look anything up to see why there is a charge on the debit card. I will need to speak with someone in accounting.

We get back to the room on the first afternoon at Disneyland and our key doesn't work out. We had added an extra night to our reservation, but they checked us out after the first night. We finally get a new key and get into our room. I look up the accounts and see that, yes, both cards still have charges on them. I call the desk again and there is, of course, nothing that they can do about the charges as they can't see that they made any charges.

Now, I was a little bit snappy about money being taken from me that it shouldn't have, but we also had the problem of a loud gurgling sink at 10:30 PM every night, that went on for over an hour! I told them at the desk and was told that an engineer would take care of it. It still continued the next night.

The final morning I go down at the time that someone from accounting is supposed to be there and SURPRISE, no one is available. I explain that we really would just like this made right. I also mentioned that the sink was still gurgling, making sleep for myself, my husband and my two kids difficult after being awakened by it. Her response "oh, I asked the engineer to take a look at it, I guess he didn't get to it." She also continued to deny that there was any way my debit card was charged (it was at this point, no longer a "hold", but a charge made the previous day). I told her it must have gotten attached to someone else's reservation who checked out the previous day and I really would like to get this taken care of. She told me that she was unable to help me in anyway. The entire time there was someone standing at the desk who had a nameplate that indicated they were the supervisor. Not wanting to make a scene and wanting to get on the road, I left my name, my credit card information (last 4), my phone number and asked that the accounting person call me as soon as possible. I was told they would pass the message on and I would hear from someone immediately. It is now 3 days later and I still have not heard from a single person.

We went on to stay at 2 more hotels and had a WONDERFUL experience at both of them. We have stayed in just about every 3.5+ star hotel around Disneyland and I will admit that this was the worst experience out of all of them. The rooms were nice, the housekeeping staff phenomenal, the bus great, but the front desk - RIDICULOUS! I would have easily given the hotel a higher rating had they tried in any manner to right the fact that they charged my credit card and my debit card. As it stands now, I have to contest the charges with my bank to see if we can get this taken care of.

Word of warning, if they tell you card is declined, don't give them a second card!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VDHFAM
We would first like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your recent visit. It is certainly never our intention to make our guests feel frustrated in anyway and we are so sorry for the numerous issues your review mentions. Our staff is always happy to assist and it is clear we missed key opportunities to exemplify this. We too are unsure why your card was declined, however, please be assured that we are happy to work with you to resolve the situation. As a helpful tip for all travelers, holds placed on a credit or debit card are not charges but rather secure authorizations to ensure any actual charges are covered. We release these holds immediately upon checkout when a final bill is satisfied. Guests’ banks then release the credit hold in about 3-5 business days, so using a debit card will in effect tie up the dollar amount from your bank balance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#46 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Anaheim Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!