“Nice hotel for business”

Anaheim Marriott Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Broomfield, Colorado
“Nice hotel for business”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Mariott Anaheim Suites for a large convention, and was very pleased with the accommodations and service. The bedroom and separate living room was quite nice, and I appreciated having a refrigerator to store my insulin. The room was very quiet, and I heard nary a peep of hallway noise during my stay. I especially liked having a Starbucks just off the lobby for my early morning caffeine fix. The front desk and bell staff were all very nice as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Convenient to the Anaheim Convention Center, the Marriott Suites Anaheim strives to deliver attentive service and spacious accommodations to our convention guests and we’re thrilled this was your experience. Our quiet, suites-style accommodations offer extra space for maximum comfort as well as a compact refrigerator, two TVs, separate living area and more. Thank you for your kind mention of our on-site Starbucks as well as the service you received. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The suite was fine for my business trip in January. Great rate for off season. Fitness rooms (2) were separated by a hallway with the treadmills on one side an the small amount of weights on the other. There's a bar and grill right across the parking lot which was nice for meeting work collegues.

Wifi didn't work my whole first day when I was there. The service desk said they were having problems with their servers. Didn't really matter. On the second day they got it working and the cost for wifi was something like $10 per day. I could have sworn that it said it was included with the room cost on Marriott's site, but maybe they just said they offered it. Really bad move Marriott. As a business traveler, I really want the wifi included in the room cost, not showing up as a separate charge. Probably won't stay here again as a result.

As an aside, what's up with the elevators in the glass elevator shafts? The elevator shaft is clearly glass enclosed on the outside, but inside they're normal (not glass) elevators. Why aren't they glass so you can see out?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. It is great that you found your room rate to be a value and enjoyed our fitness facilities and location near a number of shops and restaurants. We are sorry, however, for the inconvenience our connection issues may have caused. Our team worked to correct the issue as quickly as possible. We regret any confusion regarding our Internet rate and would like to let you know that we offer a number of special rates and packages on our website that include complimentary Internet, breakfast and more. We hope you’ll check these offers and consider a future stay with us.
San Diego
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I travel for work and to the Anaheim area quite regularly and I prefer to have a "comfortable" home base while on the road. I like the suite settings of the rooms which led to my initial choice of the Marriott Anaheim Suites. I have enjoyed great customer service from the entire staff and exceptional service from Timmy - who always greets me with a smile and makes sure everything during my stay is perfect. Having a Starbucks in the lobby for those late work nights and early morning pick me ups is a big plus too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We agree that being comfortable while on the road and away from home can help make a business or leisure trip all the better, which is why we provide suite-style accommodations and care for our staff like they are family. We couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed your stay, the service our front desk associates provided and our convenient amenities like the on-site Starbucks in our lobby. Thank you for your review, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Baker City, Oregon
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the spaciousness. We had five people traveling. The suites aren't huge but they provide enough room. We didn't need wi-fi and so we didn't have that extra. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice. Parking fee was reasonable-better than most. Target right across the street. Several good chain restaurants on same corner as hotel. Staff is pleasant and helpful. My favorite perk was the Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing you review with us. We’re thrilled that you found the Marriott Suites Anaheim to be a spacious and convenient hotel for your recent getaway. We are, as you mentioned, minutes from Disneyland as well as numerous shops and area restaurants. It is great to read that you explored the local area and got to enjoy our on-site Starbucks. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Overall service, comfort and cleanliness were great. Traveling for a convention in Anaheim, this hotel was a fantastic value. Unlike many other nearby properties, the hotel is generally quiet -- you don't hear everything going on in the rooms around you. More than anything else, the customer service was terrific. Timmy at the front desk made our stay even better by quickly accommodating our business group. Whatever we needed, he responded. Thank you, Timmy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
While we’re glad to learn you enjoyed quiet, restful accommodations conveniently located to the convention you were attending, we’re elated to learn that it was the service you received at the Marriott Suites Anaheim that made your stay memorable. It is a joy to read that our staff was able to accommodate your group and ensure you had a pleasant visit with us. Thank you for your review and compliments to our associates, we will share them with the team. Please come back again soon.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a very frequent business traveler that often feels like a number I am pleased to say that the staff here, especially Timmy, was especially friendly and seemed to anticipate whatever we needed. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The breakfast is excellent with real fresh fruit (watermelon, pineapple, grapes, oranges, bananas, etc...). As I am writing this I just got a text from my colleague from her room saying "Timmy came through" because she could not figure out how to get online with wifi and I am guessing he helped her out. I will be a repeat customer.

• Stayed March 2013
At the Marriott Suites Anaheim our guests are the furthest thing from a number, they’re like family! We’re so glad you enjoyed attentive service from the moment you arrived until check out. Our staff strives to do all that we can to ensure a comfortable and convenient stay for our guests. We appreciate your kind mention of your spacious guest suite, dining experience at SunSpot Restaurant and compliments to our team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon, thank you.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I wasn't too confident about a "suites" hotel in the middle of the Disney area for under $100. I was pleasantly surprised. This is a very nice hotel with very friendly and helpful employees. From the time I checked in, and all through my 4 night stay, everyone I came in contact with there was friendly and helpful. The waiter in the little restaurant remembered what I ordered the previous morning and brought my tea right away each day! Even the built in Starbucks baristas remembered what I had previously ordered. The upper floors of this 14 story hotel are newly renovated and I stayed on the 12th. The rooms are very up to date and the bathroom is very roomy. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank luvsmickey
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We love when we exceed the expectations of our guests, thank you for sharing your feedback. At the Marriott Suites Anaheim, a full-service hotel in the heart of Anaheim we deliver attentive service and spacious accommodations at a rate our guests consider a value. We’re glad our staff provided prompt service and look forward to welcoming you back for a return stay soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#46 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Anaheim Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!