“Awesome!!!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Gilbert, Arizona
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I decided to take our daughter to Disneyland as a special surprise for her 2nd birthday. After booking our trip through Get Away Today (who is equally great!!) we arrived late after driving and visiting friends in northern LA. The front desk staff were excellent - they had since changed Disneyland shuttle service and very quickly swapped our passes with no problem. The hotel was hosting an event that night so parking was sparse but the valet parked our car free of charge for the duration of our stay since we could not find a spot (awesome perk!). The room was better then I had thought. I really enjoyed the bedroom having doors so we could put our daughter down for naps or bed and we didn't have to be totally silent. The bathroom was a great size and I loved having a fridge in the room. We received the breakfast buffet comp with our reservation which was really good! Not your average bagels and yogurt we were expecting... Eggs, potatoes, fruit, waffles! Overall, the stay was just great and not too far at all from Disneyland on the shuttle! Will stay here next time I'm headed to Disney with the family :)

• Stayed March 2012
Vince T, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear AMachado 85,

We are so glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your experience; from the reservation process to the time you returned home. I am extremely pleased to read that we quickly swapped out your shuttle passes and our valet attendant parked your vehicle when parking was sparse. As hospitality professionals we welcome the opportunity to assist a guest and find solutions when challenges are presented. Your review is a wonderful example of what we hope to accomplish with every guest experience. Thank you so much for staying with us and writing your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Portland
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in the hotel. I really like the hotel and staffs. Especially, Oscar, he was really nice and very helpful.Thank you very much.
Kris from Oregon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Kris from Oregon,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are proud of Oscar and appreciate that he represents our team well. We look forward to your next visit.
Victoria
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Received good service at check in. Knew that parking and Wi-fi was extra so had expected to get Wi-fi for our room. It is very expensive as it is and then found out it is per device. So for Wi-fi my boyfriend and I would have had to pay twice the fee even though we are in the same room. This is ridiculous and most other hotels in the area offer free Wi-fi to their guests. Arrived to our room which was clean, and suiting for my family. We woke up in the morning to a large wet spot in front of the sink, near the wall, which continued to spread. We went to the front desk to inform them and they asked us if we left the water running. Ummm...no... They switched us rooms and asked us to pack up our stuff and leave it at the front door and they would find us a room and move our items. After our long day in Disneyland we returned to the front desk to find out our new room. When we got to our room with a very tired toddler our luggage had not been moved. We had to go back down to the front desk and they had someone go find our luggage. We ran late to Disneyland that day because of having to pack all our stuff again and then had to sit and wait for our bags after returning back. Our new room was not clean. There were dirt smudges on the door and some substance on the shower curtain. There was one spot in the shower that had a smear of something that was not cleaned the entire 6 nights we stayed in that room. The restaurant downstairs had good service and very friendly service. We only had breakfast there, which was good and satisfying. Will stay elsewhere next time.

2 Thank Sylsyl133
Vince T, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Sylsyl133,

We are sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one. We have guests that change rooms during their stay for a variety of reasons and have put together procedures to minimize any inconveniences to our guests. We pride ourselves in providing a good product with outstanding service. Unfortunately, we failed to meet your expectations as well as ours. I humbly request that you contact me so that we can discuss a way to make this right and also so I can get more details about this situation so that I can address it with the team accodringly. Finally, I want to let you know that we have taken the feedback about the internet fees into consideration and have made a change. We are now allowing up to four devices per internet order.

Once again, I apologize that we did not deliver to our standards. We appreciate your feedback and giving us the opportunity to make a change that will benefit our future guests. I hope to hear from you soon.
Modesto, California, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights on a family trip to Disneyland, the room was very clean and the hotel was very close to restaurants and Target. Breakfast was awesome, it was included in the price of our stay since we booked with Get Away Today vacations. The staff at the buffet was very acommodating and professional. Very good for families.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Vince T, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Dear Juliza O,

Thank you for staying with us and submitting your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and that you were happy with your overall experience. We hope to see you again soon.
west des moines
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have saved up all year to take my mom to see the ocean for the first time. So getting a great deal on priceline was so wonderful. In a suite no less. I called a month ahead to ask for a room with two beds. They said no problem at all. I was assured it was good to go. Great so far. I get there, girl at the counter, great. Nice and easy check in. Get to my room and one king bed. Not a bog deal I figure I'll call down and ask to be moved. Here is where I started feeling like they treated me different due to booking thru a 3rd party. They pretty much said I was stuck where I was as. I asked the whole time? (4 nights). I got a simple yes. No sorry, no offers to compensate. Not like I was with my husband. I was with my mother who wanted her own space at her age. So I slept on the pull out couch. I wont go into the back pain and all that from sleeping on that thing. I'm not a young duck either really. Then there are the fee's......for everything!!!! Park? Fee. Internet? Fee. Breakfast? Fee. I wish I had just paid full price maybe I would have been treated different (better). I really felt cruddy by the end of for days on that couch...

The good....
I liked the location.
I liked starbucks being right downstairs.
Check in was otherwise smooth.
Rooms a tab spacious but with my couch being pulled out (as it was my BED) there was no room to get around.

I wouldnt stay here again. Only because of the way I was treated when asking for a 2 bed room. Not even an apology. Just pure snooty. With fees for everything to top it off. Sorry but no thanks. Believe me I have paid fee's much larger and not frowned upon them but they had great service. I dont ask much. A simple apology would have made this review quite different.

4 Thank erin m
Vince T, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear lavida77,

I wish I had the pleasure of speaking to your mother about her first experience of the ocean. I can imagine her feeling was similar to the way I felt when I saw snow for the first time. I am disappointed that we missed the opportunity to enhance the overall experience. Our Front Desk Team reads the tripadvisor reviews and right now we are all a bit disheartened. We are truly sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request for two double beds and that we were not empathetic about it. We value all of our guests regardless of how their reservations are made or what their rate is. The major difference from a Priceline Reservation is that there is no room type guarantees - other than that the welcome, smiles, greetings and overall service is the same. We try to accommodate room type request for all our guests but unfortunately we are not always able to do so. As I mentioned, our team reads the reviews and for some of us your review is an eye opener. Thank you for the honest feedback – we will use it to get better.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Not knowing what to expect from a hotel a short distance away from Disney I was quite surprised. Our room was very clean and somewhat spacious. For our visit the room was maybe a little larger than needed. The bedroom and bathroom were spacious and clean. We also had an office space/living room. One of the big pluses for me was having two flat screen HD TVs with HD cable. Many hotels have the good TVs but not HD cable. The only downside to our room was not being able to turn down the thermostat from 75 degrees or open a window to cool off. One item I would have liked in the room was a refrigerator.
The rest of the hotel is fairly nice. The pool/spa is an average size and pretty clean. To my surprise the hotel has two workout rooms, one for cardio and one for lifting. I did not use them but they looked clean and functioning. Aside from the workout rooms the lobby has a good Starbucks and restaurant/bar. I ordered a drink from the bar one night and paid the equivalent of a six pack of beer for one. My advice would be to go to Target across the street for beverages or snacks. Also there are a few restaurants close to the hotel. In our room I used my ice bucket to cool the beverages. The hotel has a affordable Disneyland shuttle. The bus runs every 30 minutes. However, some drivers for this shuttle may run early and will not wait for people at the hotel stop. If you are waiting for others in your party you should wait together or you will miss the bus. The shuttle from the hotel takes about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. During certain hours the bus can get pretty crowded (opening ~9am and after Disney shows ~10:30pm)
Overall this hotel is great for families/couples on a budget and maybe better for business travel with the office desks in suites and many conference rooms. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The only drawbacks for the hotel were no frig in my room, a faulty thermostat and perhaps the lack of a view/proximity to Disneyland.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1Man_Travelin
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at this property and it was fabulous! The suites are nice size and everything is updated. We were on the 10th floor facing Disneyland and had a nice view of the fireworks show every night. Check in was very fast and easy at 2pm - fortunately our room was ready. Since I am gold status - internet service was free. I'm not sure how much it is otherwise. There is a Starbucks in the lobby (very convenient) that is WIFI.
The breakfast buffet was very good. We paid the few dollars extra for the breakfast package (well worth it). They had 2 hot sections and a very nice fresh fruit ( honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, papaya, etc.) cheese and pastry assortment. It would be best to arrive to breakfast prior to 8:30am as we noticed a line starts after. My son is vegetarian and I was pleased they had a nice selection to choose from - tofu, veggie sausage, etc.

The parking in the back gets tricky since they block off so many rows for valet (why? very few people use). If you arrive after 8pm the only parking left is all the way in the back.

The pool, workout room, amenities are nice on the MZ level. The business room is in the lobby next to quite a few meeting rooms. There are a variety of restaurants close by even walking distance and a Target across the street.

Overall a great property and we would definitely come back.

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms facing Disneyland are great for the fireworks show every night.