I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights on business. I would not recommend it for business travel. It may, however, be okay if you are coming to Anaheim to visit Disneyland with three or four kids in tow. Some quick pros and cons:
- Relatively inexpensive; because there is so much competition among hotels here, you can get a good rate -- especially if it's not peak Disneyland season
- All rooms are suites, with a bedroom separated from a living room that has its own television, along with small refrigerator
- Small Starbucks on lobby level
- Many restaurants nearby, including several walking distance
- There is a Target across Harbor Blvd (about 5-7 minute walk)
- Clientele is mostly tourists with kids; often the kids are running down the hotel halls, screaming and being generally annoying
- As one reviewer put it, this hotel is "soulless." The whole area is antispetic. Ten years ago, there was nothing here. Then, Garden Grove decided to capitalize on the proximity to Disney by allowing about a half dozen hotels and all sorts of shopping to be built in this relatively small area. (Great idea for tax revenue to their locality). But there is something barren and commercial...zero charm...
- No WiFi in the rooms (only wireless, which is set up at the desk in the "living room" part of the suite. This is a downer for a business traveler. I like to move around with my laptop, including propping up in bed when I feel like it. Not possible here.
- Some plumbing issues...the drain in the tub is slow to empty, and the toilet doesn't flush with any power...
- While I wouldn't say the room was dirty, there was evidence of neglect...stains on the carpet, a hair stuck to the ceiling in the bathroom...little oversights in cleanliness...
This hotel would be suitable if you are on a budget and coming to visit Disney with a gaggle of kids. It is not however a good place for a business person who wants a little more upscale feel, nor is it suitable for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Anaheim Marriott Suites is the premier and largest Marriott all suites full service hotel located just one mile from the Disneyland Resort attractions and the Anaheim Convention Center. The Marriott Suites features 371 spacious two-room suites, a contemporary lobby and 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space catering to a variety of social events, meetings and weddings. Enjoy the "Revive" bedding package in each suite designed with a living room and a separate bedroom. Guests will appreciate such amenities as a large well lit desk, wireless and high speed Internet access, voice messaging, two 32" flat screen televisions, iron & ironing board, coffee/tea maker, mini refrigerator, room service, dry cleaning service and laundry facilities. Guests can work out on state-of-the-art exercise equipment, relax in the outdoor pool and whirlpool. Dine in SunSpot, an American Restaurant or indulge in the simple luxuries of our very own Starbucks, just off the Lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Anaheim Marriott Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel Garden Grove
- Marriott Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Marriott
- Anaheim Marriott Suites Garden Grove, Orange County, CA