“Nice, spacious hotel for business travel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed December 7, 2006

Very nice, large, open hotel. Staff was very friendly and always willing to help. Manager's reception and breakfast were above average. Hilton HHonors VIP guests will get a pass for the manager's reception that's good for free top shelf drinks at the regular bar so you don't have to wait in line. Popcorn and Chex Mix are served at the manager's reception. Pizza is available for $2 a slice.

Rooms were nice. Was upgraded to a king "larger suite" and it was very nice ... very large bedroom with floor to ceiling curved windows. Living area was smaller than most Embassy Suites. I noticed there was a floor for Diamond and Gold VIP guests, however I did not stay on that floor and can't tell you what the difference between the rooms are.

Outdoor pool and jacuzzi look nice. My friend said the jacuzzi was very clean and warm.

Hotel is next to Buca de Bepo Italian Restaurant. Many restaurants in walking distance, including Carl's Jr. and Baker's square. Ate at the hotel restaurant one day for lunch and the food was excellent. Shuttle to Disneyland runs right to the front door .. all day pass is $3. Walgreen's and Target across the street in case you forgot to pack anything. FYI: Takes about 15 minutes to walk to the convention center.

Overall, nice hotel. I'd stay here again. My other business colleagues stayed at the Marriott and Hilton hotels next to the convention center and said the rooms were small and outdated at both.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank manktripguy

Reviewed November 20, 2006

The hotel in Garden Grove is a fun place to stay. The interior atrium has a 'safari' theme and has waterfalls, mini rock mountains, and a sleeping lion that comes to life and roars every now and then. Nice fish pond as well. It is very pleasant to gaze down into the atrium from your floor. The hotel seems like it was just build and the rooms are in excellent condition. The rooms have fridges, a separate living room, and a huge bathroom. The first time I stayed here I was extremely impressed with the quality of the room.

The room service is excellent, fast, and a good price. If you were to eat at Red Robin or another sit-down restaurant it would cost you more money than ordering room service. Their restaurant's food was excellent as well.

When we stayed the seal around our toilet must have broke and the bathroom filled with an awful smell. We didn't know what the cause was but we told the front desk and as soon as we got back up to our room someone knocked ready to fix the problem. In less than 30 minutes of complaining the toilet had been resealed and all was good.

The free breakfast is another great feature. It's not a donut and cereal "continental" breakfast, it is a hot eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, hashbrowns, and omlettes breakfast. You can't beat that, a similar meal out would set you back $10 a person. The hotel also has "happy hour" where you can get FREE alcohol and snacks. Not just beers, but mixed drinks as well.

I only have two complaints: First you have to pay to use the wireless internet at a rate something like $10 a day that you use it. I think internet should just be provided and am always amazed when hotels charge for it. Secondly, there are only four elevators to service the 13 floors of the hotel. Normally it is not an issue, but during the breakfast rush you will find yourself waiting several minutes for an elevator. When we stayed there it was during a massive heat wave and half the ice machines were not working. One night I had to have an employee get me a bucket of ice from the restaurant (which they were happy to do).

This hotel is great, if you are considering it then just book it, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ieatskunk
Reviewed October 31, 2006

We had a wonderful week stay at Embassy Suites. I had done a lot of net searching looking to find the best place to stay for our trip to Disneyland. I definitely made the best choice. Hotel staff did a great job. Breakfast was fabulous and the afternoon drinks were a nice touch at the end of a busy day. Rooms were spacious. We had six in our suite. I would highly recommend here for your next trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
9  Thank Daydreamisle
Reviewed October 8, 2006

Nice hotel, breakfast is ok if a bit of a scramble due to all the kids involved, the hotel is fairly noisey with kids, waterfalls, roaring lions, unexplained high pitched pings and screeches and Families moving in and out. Rooms are nice and clean, big bedroom, nice bathroom, good sitting room and TV - Tv in both bedroom and the living room wich was cool, internet is paid wireless and is a little less than 100% reliable. Shop's a bit pricey and it's a 20 minute walk to Disney at least so book those buses up. Dining is ok, the StarBucks west on Chapman is pretty cheap and has a subway next to it, there 2 petrol stations if you come out ofthe hotel and turn left at the top of the block. It's bang opposite a Jack in the box, good for shakes!! The pool gets filled up but the hot tub was ok, ok for kids as well as not THAt warm.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 213
Reviewed October 5, 2006

We went to this Embassy for 4 nights for a Disneyland trip. We have stayed here several times, but our family of 4 has outgrown it. The beds are just to small for us. My husband, me and our 2 sons ages 13 and 11 stayed here. My 13 year old is 6 foot and stocky and my 11 year old is a big guy too. So we played musical beds trying to get comfortable in the 2 full size beds and the pull out bed. THe full beds just seem so small. That is the only reason we will not go back to this hotel....I love everything else about it. The breakfast is good, I tell the boys to fill up for a long day at Disneyland! The evening reception is nice also. I even did laundry one night at the 3rd floor washer and dryer.
The location is nice too, there is several restraunts nearby and we always go to the Target to fill up on bottled waters and snacks for the room and Parks.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank mammabear
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Husband made reservations for the 3 of us (he picked it because of the FREE breakfast and cocktails) so I was a TAD hesitant and he did a GREAT job!

The hotel was behind Buca Di Peppo's, but has a good location. The parking lot is full on weekends and spots are really for compact and mid sized cars, so if you drive a FULL size SUV, try parking on the ends or you'll end up taking two spots. Right in front of the hotel, people lined up for the trolley to Disnelyand, but we opted self parking. Checking in was a breeze. My son who is 2 kept hearing the lion that roars (every 1/2 hr - couldn't hear it from the room), so that kept him occupied along with the koi pond with turtles in it. The openess of the hotel was nice. The rooms were very spacious and nice to be able to shut the door and take a nap away from the boys for awhile. It also had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Lots of room for the 3 of us, it would be perfect for 4 people.

We ate at the Buca Di Peppo's and it was ALOT of food. We also ordered room service, but it was pricey after the 17% gratuity, but food was also good. The morning breakfasts were great. Just enough food and they have a schedule of when it's busy and how long the wait will be. No problems.

I would definitely stay here again and allow my DH to make the reservations. =) Very casual atmosphere and my son was definitely able to be a kid here. Nice layout and employees were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank leizy1
Reviewed September 24, 2006

This was our second Embassy Suites stay on our 8 day Southern California trip and we thought we were going to have to leave after the first night but we were won over by their breakfast and nice ancillary facilities...let me explain.

When we first got there the hot tub was roped off, our bedside lamp was broken and set off a circut twice (fire hazzard?), the fan in the bathroom never came on (they told us it was a central fan...bull-oney) and the mirrors fogged up, etc.

But...they have a great breakfast...WONDERFUL breakfast because you don't have to trip over everyone to get to your food. Fast elevators that look out over the safari atrium (where a lion roars on the hour), the ART bus to Disney comes right to the front door and doesn't have other stops, a secure laundry every other floor, small game room, great staff (brought up towels within 5 minutes) and a great location on Harbor.

So if they'll spend some money on their "central fan" (or room 307's fan anyway) and make sure the hot tub doesn't go out this could be the best Disneyland hotel around.

Let me give you a tip: There is a WONDERFUL local sandwich shop that had fresh fruit and drinks on Chapman and Harbor (in a little hole in the wall mini-mall by Pizza Hut. Every night I would buy a large fruit salad to go for $6.95 and it came with honey, sweet sauce & granola. TOO DIE FOR. Also a must...orange juice...best ever! Salads on 12" salad plates for $4.95. I'm just afraid that they'll go out of business before I get back to Disneyland again. Don't go to Bucca De Pepo...charge too much and nothing, not even bread sticks, are free!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 118 in Anaheim
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South? Share your experiences!