“Staff are great”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
uk
“Staff are great”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We visited Anaheim for the first time and when checking in at this hotel we recieved the warmest welcome ever . We were checked in by a gentleman named Brian and he is a true embassador for this hotel . All the staff were extemely friendly and treated you as a person . There was a gentlman who was on the front door by the name of Paul who would always ask how your day had been and was always happy to give advice on where to travel , 10/ 10 . The amenities at the hotel from the computers to the swimming pool were excellent . The only thing we were disappointed in was the sofa bed in our suite , the mattress on it was that thin you could feel every part of the metal frame , however we were given extra quilted mattress covers to make it more comfortable . ( Thankyou ) In summing up we are unable to say just how excellent the staff were , they make this hotel and made our holiday extra special .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank gray1Uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Korean first
Camas, Washington
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Our family stayed here from September 7-12, my husband and I and our 2 boys (5 and 1 1/2). This is our 5th stay here at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South. We love it so much that we come back to stay everytime we're in Disneyland. Our check in went smooth as usual, although I was a little disappointed that we had to pay for parking this time, but at $6/day I couldn't really complain when I see othe hotels charge upwards of $15/day for parking. We requested and got the same room that we have at every visit, my kids like seeing the same framiliar layout, it makes us feel at home. The breakfast area was well stocked as usual and the staff always friendly and efficient. The housekeeping staff were also great as usual, leaving items that we would request such as extra towels. We love the fact that this hotel is close to Target and restaurants like Bucca, Outback, Red Robin. We go to Target for supplies such as snacks, water, drinks, etc...The hotel is a bit ways from the park itself but you could always drive and park (with unlimited in and out for the day) or catch the ART shuttle. The first few times we did the ART but with the addition of our second son, we find that driving is much more convenient for us. We're usually in the park within 15-20 minutes from leaving Embassy, about the same as when we caught the ART. I kind of like being a way from the park, it's a little more quieter on this end of Harbor. Again, loved our visit and we'll be back..we upgraded this time to the annual pass so it looks like we'll be going more often over the next year..can't wait!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mommy808
Grants Pass Oregon
Reviewed September 9, 2009

The front desk staff though polite are not friendly. They need to smile. Some was cleaning the room above ours (11th floor) it woke us and the other two rooms our family had reserved. The time being 1:30am, we were uncertain as to what the noise was. The next morning we asked the young girl at the front desk what was going on the 12th floor. She told us that she was not on and if we had questions about noise we need to report it immediately so they can be asked to quite down. She made no attempt to investigate our complaint only dismissed it. With the economy the way it is these days you would think reserving 3 rooms would rate atleast a "I'll look in to it". What we found from the staff was the hotel was cleaning rooms above us. We have stayed at this hotel twice before and always find the rooms clean, the breakfast good and manager reception well managed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
EmbassySuites-So, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South, responded to this review, September 14, 2009
GuyPO15,

We truly appreciate you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on your most recent stay. It is feedback from our guests that help us to improve areas within our hotel. Please rest assured that we will address your concern especially your interaction with our personnel regarding noise complaints. I apologize on behalf of our entire team and look forward to providing you excellence service during your next visit. Thank you for your loyalty from all of us here at Embassy Suites Anaheim South.

Dominic Acolino
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Our family stayed here on August 23 for 5 nights.
This was our second stay in this hotel, the first time being 4 years ago. However, I doubt if we would return again. Although we did not have major problems, the hotel seemed to have lost some of it's sparkle since our first stay. The first thing that hit me was how dark and dingy everything seemed. IMO the public areas could do with some colour and light injected into them in order to lift the mood a bit. Even the rooms, although very clean and tidy seemed really dull and the lighting bad. It was quite depressing and a relief to get out of the hotel into the sunshine! I agree also with a previous poster that the breakfast did not seem as well stocked and fresh as it was during our previous visit. Another issue during our stay was the smell around the pool area. The was a definate smell of drains all around the pool area, which made it unpleasant to sit around. My husband thought maybe it had something to do with the golf range that was being dug up next door?
The good points are that the hotel does offer good value with the breakfast and managers reception (although I think they should scrap the new car parking charge!)
and the housekeeping was very good. Our room was always made up very well. After our first visit I had no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends, but I think now I would tell them to shop around.

Thank holidaynut!
EmbassySuites-So, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South, responded to this review, September 22, 2009
holidaynut,

Thank for your feedback and for taking the time to write on your most recent stay. It is commentary from our guests that help me identify areas of improvement. I am pleased and excited to say that we are currently in the planning phase of renovating our guest rooms in the near future. Your comments are of great value to me and hope that we can gain your trust in a return visit on your next trip to Anaheim. Thanks for your loyalty to the Anaheim Resort from all of us here at Embassy Suites Anaheim South.

Dominic
Washington DC
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed 3 nights with my daughter and her 2 daughters. Our experience confirmed the high ratings in the other reviews -- helpful staff, good breakfast included, reasonable parking charge, nice happy hour, sizable rooms, etc. I'd add only the following: The pool is very large and welcoming for the essential mid-day break from the park; the business center (which is free) is far better equipped than in many hotels that purport to cater primarily to business travelers, not vacationers, and the adjoining Buce de Beppo Italian restaurant has great pasta at good prices. (Obviously it's a matter of taste, but we found the ART shuttle better than driving --- much shorter walks, just as fast, and no park-closing rush. But we were there on relatively low attendance days and it might be different when the hotel is full.)

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Kent, England
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Where to start? The hotel staff were incredibly helpful, the second we first walked into the lobby area, we were stunned, the staff at the front desk helped us with our room, a safe, and any questions we had, and within minutes we were in our room.

The room was large and perfect for our needs, the view was not the best, but that did not matter to us at all. The bedroom, livingroom and the bathroom were all spotlessly clean, with the housekeeping staff cleaning everything every day.

The bed in the main bedroom was enormous! It was a very comfy bed, however the pillows were dull and lifeless. When we asked for more pillows, they arrived in minutes.

The pullout bed in the living room, was not terrbly comfortable, but it was still fine to sleep on, and was very simple to unfold and set up.

The breakfast service in this hotel was second to none, absoluty fabulous, and even at the buisiest times, was not overcrowded. There was often a slight wait for the 'made of the spot' omlets, but they were well, well worth the wait. The omlet chef was one of those things that you would not believe if you hadn't seen it. Incredibly fast, and incredibly tasty. Most people tipped him a dollar per omlet. Well worth it.

The rest of the breakfast was just as good, an amazing selection, and it was swiftly restocked when it got low. Very tasty.

There was a serve yourself drink machine, that did everything, from orange juice to coke, to tea and coffee.

The swimming pool was not large, but it is certainly not as bad as people seem to make out, it was never crowded, and there were always plenty of towels and sunbeds.

The fitness centre was also very good, with 2 running machines, a cross trainer, a pedal bike thing, and lots of weight lifting equiptment, it was lovely and cool in there, with a water machine provided, and your own TV, with earphone port built into the equiptment.

All in all, a wonderful stay, with practically no complaints at all.

5 star, this hotel really, really made our holiday so much better,

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
NV
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This trip was the second time my family has stayed at this property in the past year. We were impressed the first time with its proximity to Disneyland and its sizable rooms. Thankfully, neither of those has changed.

The room this trip (916) seemed very clean, as was the bathroom. The only real issue I had was with the pull-out sofa bed where my children slept. The mattress seemed old and worn, like it was in need of replacement (just sitting on it proved that point). It had a very thin, worn-looking mattress cover on it, with (overstretched and useless) elastic bands on the corners to keep it in place. The only bedding provided was a flat sheet that had been folded into the sofa. I called housekeeping at 11 o'clock at night to request a fitted sheet, blanket and extra pillows (there were five pillows on the king-sized bed in the bedroom, but no others available). The woman I spoke with explained that there were no fitted sheets in the hotel, that the blanket was already in the room and that I should take the pillows I needed off of the bed. I explained that this was not going to be satisfactory and that I did in fact need the items that I called for, so if she could send them up, that would be great.

About 30 minutes later I received a phone call from housekeeping asking if we'd received our items (we had not) and I asked again about the fitted sheet -- none available, I was told. A couple minutes later there was a knock at the door: A pleasant attendant had brought two pillows and (surprise) a fitted sheet as well as a flat sheet. I was forced to use the blanket provided in the room, which unfortunately did not smell very clean.

The other issue I had was with the sound we could hear in our room. We were at the end of a hallway, with no other room one side of us. Still, we were awakened very early each morning to the sounds of toilets flushing, water running, slamming doors and screaming children. We did not have restful sleep either of the nights we were there.

The breakfast buffet this trip did not seem as well maintained as it was during our previous visit. Both mornings, the line we were standing in (they were lengthy) had run out of bacon and/or eggs by the time we reached the service counter. The food was also not very tasty, and one morning my scrambled eggs were downright frigid. We had difficulty the second morning finding a table at which to sit, as they were not being bussed in a timely manner. The whole dining area just seemed a bit on the dirty side this time.

My biggest complaint is with the elevators: We used all four of the elevator cars at one point or another during our trip. The elevators could not have been slower. It seemed to take forever for them to reach our floor, and for them to arrive and open when we were waiting in the lobby. Something should really be done about this. All of the guests we encountered seemed really disgruntled about it.

They've also started charging for parking -- $6 or $8 per day, which is just ridiculous for this type of a hotel.

We will likely stay at this property again in the future, simply because of its convenient location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
KamranEnayat, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
ValleyMom,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay. It is feedback form our guests that help us to identify areas of improvement within our operation. Please rest assured that we will address your concerns especially our timely arrival with your bedding requests and take the necessary corrective actions along with your other concerns. Your comments are concerning to me and I apologize on behalf of our entire team and look forward to proving our excellence during your next visit. Thank you for your loyalty from all of us here at Embassy Suites Anaheim-South.

Kamran Enayat
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#46 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South? Share your experiences!