My family of 6 (2 teens, 2 kids, husband and self) stayed at this hotel on the weekend of August 19- 21, 2005. From the moment we arrived we were treated very well. Check in was all of 5 minutes and this was on a Friday afternoon (2pm). We were given a room on the 7th floor. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. We had two TV's, nobody fought over what to watch. We slept two to a bed and the beds were very cozy. We all had a good night's rest. Even my teens who slept on the sofa bed had a great rest.
My two teens used the gym. They liked it. Always a workout machine available.
The bathroom was great. Very spacious. Well stocked with Neutrogena toiletries. Plenty of towels. Shower worked well. No water pressure problems.
The living room had a chair, sofabed and a large table with 4 chairs. It was very convenient and nice. Room also had a small kitchenette/bar area stocked with glasses, ice bucket & coffee, microwave, refrigerator and sink. On the first day of arrival we were given complimentary bottled water and Pepperidge Farm cookies.
My family had plenty of room to move around in. It's easy to get on each other's nerves after a long day at Disneyland, but we all had our own space. Spacious suites. The staff was very friendly and accomodating.
The Breakfast Buffet was terrific. The omelletes were delicious. You can even order an egg white omellete if you are watching your cholesterol. The omellete cook was quick and happily prepared everyones omelletes. They also offered fluffy scrambled eggs, potatoes, french toast, pancakes, sausages, bacon, bagels, pastries, cereals, fruits, hot chocolate and a delicious French Vanilla Cappuccino. The breakfast is very filling and best of all its included in the price of the stay, which saved our family of 6 $$$. It was one meal less that we had to purchase. The lines moved well. We always ate before 8:30 am. Also, the buffet was always well stocked.
My husband ordered room service once, (chicken wings) and they were crispy and tasty.
Overall this was a great stay. We will definitely stay here again. This hotel is beautiful, clean and has friendly staff. We had no problems with the elevators. They had 4 elevators and we never waited more than a couple of minutes for an elevator. My only quibble was that the cashier at the hotel gift shop was grouchy. My teen daughters complained that they were scolded for picking up a magazine. They were reading the cover and contemplating if they were going to purchase it. My husband brought this to her attention.
If you stay at this hotel you will have a wonderful time. It is clean, functional and beautiful. The value can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Anaheim - South hotel is located just one mile from Anaheim's Disneyland Resort® attractions. This all-suite hotel features complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening manager's reception. Shuttles are available in from of the hotel to take guests to all of Anaheim, California's recreation parks. The Embassy Suites also features an on-site Disney® Desk with information on Southern California and Disneyland® Resort attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South / Disneyland Hotel Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites California
- Garden Grove Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South Hotel
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Anaheim - South Garden Grove, Orange County, CA