“Excellent stay”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Ridgecrest, United States
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Clean rooms and great amenities. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful and the rooms were clean and well designed for comfort. Some of the staff could use more tact when dealing with their customers but the hotel itself was amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I did a lot of research and this was one of my top three hotels near Disneyland. AAA agent suggested I pick Embassy Suites - South in Garden Grove, so I went with it. Boy, am I happy she steered me towards Embassy. I loved the bed, it was very comfortable with a pillowtop. My son slept on the pull out and he said it was comfortable too. We did have the corner room next to the elevators, that was not pleasant...but tolerable. The best part of the room is that we only had neighbors on one side. One night we were awoken to a screaming child, but nobody's fault. We ate breakfast every morning...custom omelets, French toast or pancakes, sausage, not so good bacon, toast, bagels, donuts, some fruit and yogurt, soupy oatmeal. It saved us money, so we were happy. We did not use the shuttle. Everyone was friendly. The shower was nice and big with good water pressure. I do have a couple of complaints; the pool's closing hours were midnight...one night I was going to call about the people in the Jacuzzi, and we were on the 11th floor, but I ended up trying to tune them out. When I received my express checkout, I noticed we were charged for 2 parking charges each day (5 days)...so the bill came to $120 for 1 car. I addressed it with the front desk. She went in the back for a few minutes then came back...might have said she was sorry...and told me it was a computer glitch. Then on the bill it said I disputed it. I guess technically I did dispute it, but I wish it would have stated on the bill that it was their error...I just thought the wording of me "disputing" it was implying that I had done something wrong. Other than that, it was a nice hotel and would book it again, and would tell my friends to book it. I went through AAA and had a package deal, so I don't know how much the nights were, but I thought I heard the front desk tell someone it was $179 a night. That seemed very expensive, but maybe that is what I ended up paying in my package too. They were in the process of repaving the parking lot, and hopefully they expanded the parking spaces a little bit. It was a tight squeeze.

Clackamas, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Hotel is beautiful, the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The food was excellent. Couldn't have chosen a better place to stay for our vacation!The morning complimentary breakfast was more than I had expected. Parking was very good. Shuttle service tickets located in the lobby was a big help. The room was really nice with all the comforts I would have wanted. The price was very reasonable.Short shuttle ride to Disney. All in All a very pleasurable experience. If I go back to Anaheim I will stay there again for sure!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2013

my second visit in 8 months and it was a great experience both times. Consistency is king in this industry and this property has it going. Must be the Blue engergy philosophy! Staff were helpful and inviting, facilities kept up well and the breakfast and evening reception are still a hit. Well done and keep it going!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel about 5 times and we stay each time we go to Disneyland. Its so easy and there is a Joe's Crab Shack down the street that is open till 12am. The staff has been friendly each time we have gone.

I dont like how they consider "disneyfacing rooms" on the lower floors just because they are on the side of the hotel that faces Disneyland. They shouldnt charge for that. You cant see Disneyland.

The only thing is the kids yelling early in the morning. But hey there going to Disneyland. Who wouldn't be excited?!

Room Tip: Disney facing rooms are great If your on a upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oregon City, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We always stay at this hotel on our yearly trips to Disneyland. Always have an enjoyable stay with a very nice and clean suite. Great cooked to order breakfast each morning keeps us more than full until dinner so we don't have to hunt for a place to have lunch in the park which can be quite spendy. Then we have more money to spend on dinner in the park.

1 Thank Angela J
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This Hotel deserves a 10 star rating. We come from NZ and found this hotel exceptional. The staff were very accomodating and the service and rooms were excellent. The complimentary breakfast was superb and the one time we were able to partake in the managers reception we found this great as well. The laundry on the 3rd, 6th and 9th floors were excellent to have as well. We would advise our friends in NZ of this hotel for them to stay. Thank You to all that made our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 12th floor were superb.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South? Share your experiences!