I almost hesitate to write a review for this hotel, because I'm not sure it would add much to the very accurate reviews already here. I would echo most of what's already been said by others.
When we first arrived at the Embassy Suites, we were not happy -- in part because we had just come from a really nice hotel in San Diego. Compared to that hotel, the king-sized suite at the Embassy Suites seemed depressingly dark and small when we walked in. It is decorated with those dark brown-and-orange patterns that would make even the newest, cleanest room look kind of shabby and dirty. The sofa in the living room seemed particularly dingy and saggy. The bedroom looked better, but -- because the suite seemed rather dingy at first glance -- I inspected the bed and headboard very carefully for any signs of bedbugs before bringing in our things.
We were on the 2nd floor. We had requested a room not too close to the elevators, to cut down on noise. Other reviewers have suggested requesting a higher floor for the same reason, and I should have taken that advice. The noise from the atrium is pretty loud (including the roaring animatronic lion and the sounds of people talking and children playing) and continues fairly late into the evening. If you're in the bedroom, the noise isn't too bothersome. But if you're on a lower floor and have someone sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room, the noise can be a problem.
I had read, in prior reviews, that the elevators can be unreliable at times. Since we were on the 2nd floor, I thought that we could avoid this problem by taking the stairs. But the one time we tried it, we ended up in the parking lot at the back of the building, where laundry bins were being wheeled out. So we did have to deal with the elevators. They were fine much of the time, but there were a few instances where we had to let 1 or 2 elevators pass before we could squeeze into one.
Aside from these things, our stay was still pretty satisfactory. Room service was adequate (not-great food, but quick service). The free breakfast service is pretty good -- we liked the omelettes and the potatoes (but would steer clear of the scrambled eggs). The shuttle service to Disneyland was quick and easy. Despite appearances, the suite seemed clean and was comfortable. My daughter loved the animatronic lion and is young enough to think that the atrium was really cool. Our interactions with staff were pleasant.
It's a perfectly serviceable place to stay for a family trip to Disneyland. The suites aren't pretty, and it definitely feels very budget -- so I wouldn't stay there on business or for a romantic weekend away. But if you're spending most of your day out, at Disneyland, this is a decent home base -- and if you're a parent, you probably have more tolerance for the noise of excited children shouting and chattering in the halls. Because it's a Disneyland-area hotel, it's definitely overpriced for what you get. (For the same price in San Diego, we'd had an enormous, beautifully decorated 2-bedroom suite in a great neighborhood.) But it's a reliable, comfortable choice that's fine for families with kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Anaheim - South hotel is located just one mile from Anaheim's Disneyland Resort® attractions. This all-suite hotel features complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening manager's reception. Shuttles are available in from of the hotel to take guests to all of Anaheim, California's recreation parks. The Embassy Suites also features an on-site Disney® Desk with information on Southern California and Disneyland® Resort attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South / Disneyland Hotel Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites California
- Garden Grove Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South Hotel
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Anaheim - South Garden Grove, Orange County, CA