“Great location...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I prefer Embassy Suites hotel and like this one too. Very friendly staff. I was there between Christmas and New Years and understand this is a very busy time....yet, the service was still very personable. Great location if you are there for Disneyland stuff.The 'Managers Receptions' were impressive where they offer the snacks and drinks.
Highly recommended for families. Only negative thing is they charge for parking.

1  Thank Asim S

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place is nothing like other Embassy Suites I've stayed at. If you want to pay for parking, pay for wi-fi (I haven't had to do this in at least 5 years,) pay for the shuttle to Disneyland and listen to children screaming at all hours of the night, this is your place. The price is deceiving because they nickle and dime you. The shuttle cost more than taking a cab. Maybe on a higher floor you can sleep past six am, but I stayed on the fourth floor and was woken up bright and early by screaming kids having breakfast every single day... and don't forget the animatronic lion that roars. The paper thin walls let me actually discern conversations from the rooms next to mine.. and don't forget the screaming kids in there too. They say non-smoking but I picked up a cigarette butt outside my room door. Overall, not a disaster, but if you're traveling on business, don't have kids, or don't want to cater your schedule to everyone else's kids on your vacation, I'd stay far, far away.

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank gonucks
MichelleAugustine, Admin Asst. to the General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry your first visit to our location was during the holidays as it is a busy time of year in Anaheim. Our great amenities such as free cooked-to-order breakfast, two room suites and manager's reception do add value to our guest's stay and attract both leisure and corporate travelers. We do hope if your travels bring you back to our area that you give us another try. We would love to back as our guest and regain your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel was top knotch. I stayed there an entire week and not only had no complaints but was impressed on a daily basis by the professionalisnm and friendliness of the staff. I wish I could remember some of their names.

Our bellboy was the most helpful person there whos never failing good naturedness while going about his work set the tone for the stay. The rest of the staff was great too. The omelete bar was fantastic and the chef become an institution of himself while turning out delicious omletes as fast as you can order them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. All team members in every department of the hotel works hard to get a five star review and we are glad we were able to deliver that service to you and not just one day...but every day of your stay!!!

Thank you again for the outstanding review!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Family of four stayed for 4 days and the did the "disney thing"
No complaints at all....staff are great

Shuttle bus works and keeps to time

Rooms clean comfortable.....stretcher bed um um um perhaps not the best option

Well worth it and will come again

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this property. The staff are still exceptional and are very guest oriented. We were here between Christmas and New Years and understand this is a very busy time....yet, the service was still very personable. I arrived with groceries and couldnt find a cart to bring them upstairs....2 staff members went out of their way to assist.
The property itself is a little dated. The pool is still nice - but the hot tub is small and was not the cleanest.
The shuttle to Disneyland was fantastic. Picked you up literally outside the front door and the drivers were very helpful. But note - this is not part of the ART (AnaheimResort Transit) its a private hotel shuttle. So make sure you buy the proper passes.
The 'Managers Receptions' were not little affairs. Not only could you have warm beer and wine for free ;-) - but the snacks were big enough to be a meal. Impressive.
Liked the fact that there were other restaurant choices in the parking lot.
Overall, although a little dated, still a gem in the Disneyland area.

Room Tip: The elevators were slow. We liked staying on the second floor so that we could use the stairs.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have to start by saying this was the first trip ever where I felt completely comfortable with my kids at a hotel. I never once was made to feel uneasy because they were there. Having 3 boys (6,8,14) and we do not get vacations very often, they get pretty wound up when we do. This hotel was VERY family friendly.
Even with it being Christmas week and it felt like just about every family across the country was in this hotel, everything ran very smooth, the staff knew what they were doing and just did it, including the front desk, breakfast, janitorial, hostess, door man ( I was greeted with a big HI every entry and exit). Also with it being very very busy, I never waited on anything...check-in (maybe 5 minutes), breakfast (maybe 2 minute), check-out (0 minutes). .
I loved the lobby decor, so did the kids. The pool was great and we loved the fact they had long hours it was open for use. After a very long day at Disney, it was wonderful to go sit in the hot tub.
The hotel was clean, and we were provided with plenty of towels, bedding ect. I like having the 2 separate rooms, it made it a lot more spacious with 5 people per room. One big thing with me is, I do not like anyone entering my room for any reason after I check in (valuables and all) so I put up the "do not disturb" sign right away, I never once felt uncomfortable that my room was entered after we left for our day at Disney. Less face it, I don't change my bed everyday at home, so why make the staff do it at the hotel, and I just asked for clean towels every couple days when needed in the morning before we leave, when house keeping was near my room and they were always pleasant to oblige.
I purchased our stay in combination with Disney tickets and shuttle tickets as a package from a third party, so I was a very dismayed after check-in to find that the hotel normally charges $12 a day for parking, REALLY?,( I am a paying guest at your hotel, parking should always be included) and internet is charged for by the day, PER unit., REALLY?, there is little to no over head for these items, I feel this is a very poor practice hotels to nickle and dime their customers with such items. Anyway, upon check-in and finding out about these "extras" I guess my disappointment was apparent because when i explained that I was not aware of this cost and my oldest son was home schooled and would have to be on the computer a lot while there, the front desk clerk offered a complimentary pass for the internet so he would not miss any school. Then upon check out I was pleasantly surprised they did not even charge me for the parking. With these 2 gestures and the free breakfast daily (which was very adequate and lots of variety), along with the very nice attitudes of the staff, the nice clean rooms, being made to feel very comfortable safety wise, I will not hesitate to use Embassy Suites "south" again for all our future Disney vacations.
Thanks for a very nice stay !

Room Tip: If you have a room by the elevator, you will hear the elevator at night when trying to sleep. but af...
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in December 2012 with my mom and 2 kids for 2 nights, and it was fantastic! The beds were really comfortable, and the room was really nice and updated. The complimentary breakfast was great, although the lines do get long during peak times. It was really nice to have a mini kitchen as well, we could easily have spent an entire week there. It was a little pricy, so I don't recommend it to anyone who doesn't plan on actually taking advantage of all the ammenitites, there are cheaper hotels in the area fine for just sleeping. But if I'm ever in the area for awhile and need a nice hotel, I would definitely stay here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 118 in Anaheim
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South? Share your experiences!