“Grand kids to Disneyland”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Little bit out dated. Rooms were clinically looking. Noisy elevator. Breakfast was good, managers reception was okay, but the floors around the indoor garden were uneven. Your table could be sloping, and your drinks tilting. People were very friendly, but the 1 mile to Disneyalnd is stretching it. Make it 1 1/2 miles at best.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator system.
1  Thank Jim S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,094)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South several times. We should have written a review already! The employees are very kind and helpful. The rooms are quite large and have microwaves and fridges. Their breakfast includes everything you need to start your day and the waterfall and the lion in the breakfast area are nice extras. We even saw the Disney fireworks from our room on our recent stay which was something we weren't expecting. I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting the Anaheim area. The location is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have stayed at several properties in Anaheim before. But what made this hotel stand out among the rest was Executive Chef Garcia and his staff at the hotel's restaurant. I have a son who has severe food allergies. We bring his meals with us whenever we eat out. Since this was his first time out of the country, I was worried about what he could eat. After I booked the stay at the hotel (which includes buffet breakfast), I called them up to find out what my son could eat for breakfast given his allergies. The hotel operator took my number down and said that the chef would call me back. Ya right! I thought to myself. I didn't think hotels did that. But Executive Chef Rick Garcia did SO MUCH MORE than that. He came up with menu ideas for each day we stayed at the hotel - from breakfast, lunch to dinner. When we came down for breakfast every morning, he would have my son's meal for the day freshly cooked and ready for us to take to the park. He even made bigger portions so that my other child would not feel left out. These were not simple meals but gourmet and elaborate meals that he prepared for my children. I am and will always be so grateful to him and his staff (Priscilla) for making our trip so memorable and worry-free. On the day we checked out, he even prepared food for us to take with us so that my son would not have to starve that day. He wouldn't even let us pay for the meals. I have never experienced service like this. I will never stay in another hotel in Disneyland again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MLim2375
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel many times. My wife and I bring our kids here, or come with friends, or groups of family. We are Annual Pass-holders at Disneyland and visit many times a year. The staff is always courteous, go above and beyond to take care of the guests, and there are many perks such as the Business Center, pool, and our favorite, the breakfast buffet.
When you are traveling you want to eliminate hassle and time consuming tasks and having all of your guests be able to get breakfast at their own leisure during the mornings is fantastic. And this is no continental breakfast. There is something there for everyone. All hot, fresh, and cooked to order including omelettes. And if you are health conscious like me you appreciate the fruit, yougurt, toast, and cereal.
One person to pay credit to would be one of their concierges Patrick. He is there most times that we visit and always friendly, personable, and makes you feel like he enjoys and takes pride in his role in the guests' experience there. He helped us with all of our belongings all the way to the 14th floor.
The shuttle service changed since our last visit. The first day was an adjustment as there was no multi-day pricing and the tickets were higher priced. The drop-off at Disneyland was just a little further from the gate as well. But we soon realized that these were small prices to pay. After the first day we saw the value in it as the shuttle was on time 100% of our trips as well as waited until the correct departure time in case WE were not :) In addition to this the drivers were all very courteous and friendly. This is definitely not the case as of the several recent visits using Anaheim Resort Transit.
We will continue to stay in this hotel as often as possible to enhance our vacations.

Room Tip: We like to request rooms at the top of the hotel as they provide the best view. My kids love to gaze...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We chose this hotel because we had a great experience in 2007, and I have to say, it's just getting better all the time! The comfy rooms, the breakfast buffet with made to order omelets, the sparkling pool, the huge towels... all these are amazing. But their crown jewel has to be their staff! We met a young bellman named Miguel who happily lugged a vanload of stuff up to our 12th floor room, and then demurred when I tried to tip him, saying my husband already took care of it. The next day he was at the desk when I was buying tickets for the shuttle bus to Disneyland, and he must have noticed I was sweating pretty freely in the heat. I went out to the stop to wait for the bus, and he came out a minute later with six (6!) packets of premoistened towelettes for me! We all used them that day, and more than once I thanked goodness for this attentive and empathetic young man. Later on in our stay I shared an elevator with another staff member who said "You first!" when I motioned her ahead of me, and I think that must be their motto, because they truely live up to it. We will never stay anywhere else when we come to vacation at the Happiest Place on Earth, because they help to make it so!

1  Thank DisneyNana1952
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is the second time we stayed here for our visit to Disneyland. The location is great becuase it's close to a Target, Walgreens and numerous eating places. The shuttle service the hotel uses to DL changed from our last stay and we didn't like it as much. It was more expensive ($5/per adult per day and $2/per child per day) and they don't offer multi day discounts. The shuttle going to DL will pick you up in front of the hotel at 15 and 45 after the hour. The drop off at DL is close to Harbor Blvd so it's a longer walk to the gate. (The other shuttle dopped you off/picked up closer to the gate). I have a young child so this made a big difference. The pick up location is the same with the shuttle arriving on the hour and 1/2 hour going back to the hotel. The shuttles ran on time which was a plus. The rooms were clean, however, it needs to be updated soon as the furnishings and carpet were outdated. We liked that the bedroom was located in the back (away from the atrium) because it can get noisy with folks eating breakfast early in the morning. We also liked that it had two televisions because the adults could watch one and the kids the other. The breakfast was great. There was something for everyone and the service was excellent. Overall, this is a great place to stay for DL. One con was the elevators. It got very busy during peak times (close to the end of breakfast or near check out) and they were slow. I wish they had more than 4 elevators serving the hotel. We would stay here again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Friendly staff, beautiful interior decoration, very convenient for a family vacation in Disneyland.
A very quiet hotel, as it is not located directly on a main road.
The hotel shuttle to Disneyland, though not free, is very convenient and recommended to be used.
The pricing is a bit high, considering the basic fee, the non free Internet charge (which is being charged per device connected and not per room) and the shuttle price.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
#1 of 19 in Garden Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South? Share your experiences!