“Great Stay”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Wisconsin
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

As usual, great stay at Embassy. Manager's reception was quick and breakfast was fast too. Nice pool, nice location. Room great. One mile from Disneyland. Only issue was the crowds at Disneyland, wow. It was very crowded at both parks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Korean first
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is our go-to hotel for Disneyland vacations. As usual our room was clean and ready when we arrived. Front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. We usually get a standard room, but upgraded to a Disney facing room this time. Our kids usually don't make it very late in the park, and we wanted to see the fireworks. Loved the big window and view of the fireworks! Only draw back was the rooms are right off the elevator. In fact our room was about 3-4 feet from elevator. Luckily we were there to sleep after a long day at Disneyland, so the kids feel asleep quickly and the noise from the elevators wasn't a problem. We LOVE the matresses in this hotel. We always feel like we get such a good nights sleep here.
Breakfast was fabulous as usual! Pancakes, french toast, eggs, eggs with peppers & onions (left side of buffet only), bacon, sausage, omelets, cereal, pastries, toast, doughnuts, fruit....
We took the new hotel shuttle service to the park. Drivers were super friendly. The only things we missed from when they used the ART system is the drop off location and ticket price. The drop off is now a bit further out than before. But not too far. The tickets are sold on a daily basis and are easy to purchase from the front desk. The convience of a mutli-day pass like the ART system does would be a great upgrade to their new shuttle service.
Love how close the hotel is to Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, Outback, and Bucca de Beppo is right in their parking lot. We like to take a nap, eat dinner outside of the park, then go back in for night time fun at Disneyland! Target is very close by as well.
We are still very happy with this hotel. Look forward to staying here again on our next Disneyland trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher levels, away from elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MichelleAugustine, Admin Asst. To GM at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and glad to hear you had another fantastic stay. We do have great restaurants nearby however, our executive chef is putting the final touches on a new menu for our restaurant. I hope you will give it a try the next time your travels bring you back to our area. We look forward to hopefully seeing you soon!!!
Proctorville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our recent trip to Disneyland and we loved the Embassy! The staff was super friendly and very helpful. When we checked in we had the best experience the clerk that checked us in was great. The breakfast each morning was terrific and offered a lot of variety. The room was very clean and so spacious. We tried room service which was great! I would suggest an Embassy Suite in any city but the staff here went above and beyond. Great place to stay, we will be back!!

Room Tip: Request a Disney facing room on a high floor if you're a Disney fan, we watched the fireworks fr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rosiland B
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for our trip to disneyland rooms are nice and big. The furniture is dated but clean and in good repair.

It's about 15 minutes on the shuttle to disneyland.

We will likely pick somewhere a little closer to the park next time. The shuttles can get very crowded and standing in a moving shuttle after 10hours of walking is not enjoyable while holding a tired 4 year old.

• Stayed October 2012
Trail, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I went by ourselves to Disneyland and other attactions. We chose this hotel because of all the great reviews. The hotel staff were all fantastic. The manager get together was good as the manager went out of his way to make you feel welcome and at home. The buffet breakfast included was awsome. We didn't have to have a lunch just snacks. We would recommend this hotel and we have to everyone. Thanks again for a great stay.

Room Tip: Our suite was on top floor very quiet and nice view great outdoor pool and hot tub
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teakes
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here Sep. 21 - 25 and loved it. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids (9 & 7) and we did Disney 3 days and rented a car one day to go to the beach and Hollywood, etc. The bed was very comfortable and the kids seemed to think the sofa be was comfortable as well. The lobby was nice and tropical and the kids liked to watch the fish and walk through the trees. Check in and out were quick and easy. The breakfast was wonderful and much more than any other free breakfast I have had anywhere. The Embassy will now be my choice of chains when in the US if possible.
I loved having the separate bedroom with our own TV so the kids could go to sleep and we would watch TV, have a drink and get some room service. We also used the free evening social hour twice since we were on a disney break and the drinks were a nice refreshing break from the heat. The pizza was pretty good as well for $2.50/slice.
We used the pool and hot tub and found it to be clean and big enough for a quick splash and relaxing evening. The sun beds were comfy and there were plenty of towels.
We didn't use the PCA shuttle as we found the ART to be better. maybe 3 stops on the way there and on the way home we were the first stop, so that was welcome. We never were crowded either and we did have to walk to the Residence Inn (less than 3 mins.). Also, peeked into the RI breakfast and ours was way superior.
Everything was wonderful except one issue. We had rented a car and had a confirmation number and asked at the front desk the night before if they would arrange to have them pick me up to get the car. He was so polite and said for sure. We came down in the morning to have bfast and I asked the lady to call Avis (there were no phones to call out from in the lobby) and she told me they didn't do that, so I went up to my room and called. I gave my confirmation to the front desk and told here where we'd bed (in plain site 20 feet away) and to let me know. She never did and told Avis we had left. I didn't see the guy as he wasn't wearing an Avis shirt and I asked her if he had come and she told me twice and he was P***ed. Needless to say, to get them to come back (now on my cell phone roaming minutes) for 1/2 an hour and to wait took an hour. Next time I will wait up front, outside but she told me no problem and I left the confirmation paper with her. I did complain and the manager gave me $35 credit for phone time used, but I was really annoyed.
Anyway, I would have given 5 stars except for this incident.
One more thing, we had rooms service twice and it was quick and very good and I thought reasonable pricing.
All in all a great trip:)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MichelleAugustine, Admin Asst. to GM at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are glad to hear you had an excellent stay overall except for the rental car. I apologize for the incident as I can understand how frustrating it can be to have to wait unnecessarily, especially when you are excited and ready to see the sites . Rest assure your comments will be shared with that departement and addressed. Thank you again for staying with us and choosing the Embassy Suites for future stays.
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was rerouted here by another nearby overbooked hotel that I attended a conference at. The rooms were very spacious and had a door to separate the sleeping area from the living area. The room was equiped with a sofa, dining table, refrigerator, micro and a wet bar.
We made sure to stop in for the complimentary happy hour on our way up to our room each eve. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and had much to offer from made to order omelets, cereal, yogurt, fruit, pancakes, bacon, sausage, potatoes. All for FREE! (I am sure you pay for it somewhere) but hey! The lobby area had a tropical decor which is great to come back to if visiting the Disney parks. I plan to stay here again during my next trip to Disneyland since I like to go often. It may be a few minutes away but there is a shuttle to transport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
#1 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,097 reviews
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South? Share your experiences!