Overall we had a good stay.
When making my reservations, I requested a room away from the elevator. When checking in, the pleasant clerk confirmed my room was away from elevators. However, after going to the room we discovered it was directly in front of an elevator. I returned immediately to the front desk where a different employee, Allain assisted me, he was very efficient and courteous as he quickly found me another room, far away from the elevator. Allain was actually very helpful to us several times during our stay. Also, Enrique at the front desk helped me find the closest bookstore, and even went further to print out driving directions. I must say having a Disney facing room to view the fireworks, is no big deal. The hotel is too far away from Disneyland 1.5 miles to see the fireworks very well. The hotel is pretty noisy at night if you are in your living room area. There were lots of kids playing in the hallways at late hours, trying to open other people’s doors and running away, although the bedroom was pretty quiet.
The breakfast was good as always. There is a new omelet cook who was friendly and made great omelets. I really liked the way he even sautéed some ingredients before adding them to the omelet. At the breakfast buffet, there is always an extensive variety of food: scrambled egg mix with ham, bell peppers and onions, also served bacon, sausage, silver dollar pancakes, French toast sticks, fresh fruit like bananas, apples, melon, cantaloupe, and pineapple, cold cereal, nice hot oatmeal with toppings such as brown sugar, raisins and granola, variety of breads available for toasting: English muffins, wheat, and white bread, donuts, muffins, yogurt cups, cold milk, cranberry and orange juice, coffee and hot tea, sprite, coke, and diet coke. It was nice to be able to take the breakfast back to our own room to eat.
The swimming pool and Jacuzzi gave us a nice break.
Using the business center came in quite handy when kids were not hogging the computers playing games or checking their Facebook pages.
The manager’s reception provides a nice evening snack of popcorn and a some sort of chex mix. Plus well drinks and soda machine were available, grenadine was available at the soda machine for making Shirley temple drinks. During this time they also sold individual pizza slices for $2.50. When we first starting coming to this hotel, years ago there was a slushie machine but since it broke down it was never replaced. Oh, how I miss those slushies!
USA Today newspaper is delivered weekdays M-F to each room, but I was disappointed to find there was no local newspaper available in the gift shop which they used to sell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Anaheim - South hotel is located just one mile from Anaheim's Disneyland Resort® attractions. This all-suite hotel features complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening manager's reception. Shuttles are available in from of the hotel to take guests to all of Anaheim, California's recreation parks. The Embassy Suites also features an on-site Disney® Desk with information on Southern California and Disneyland® Resort attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South / Disneyland Hotel Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites California
- Garden Grove Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South Hotel
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Anaheim - South Garden Grove, Orange County, CA